PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security?

Coolazice
03-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Another one of the predictions made by the "conspiracy nuts" is coming true.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes (http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/03/11/1-6-billion-rounds-of-ammo-for-homeland-security-its-time-for-a-national-conversation/)

nate3993
03-20-2013, 11:04 PM
the thing is, a lot of conspiracies have a lot of truth to them.

nate3993
03-20-2013, 11:08 PM
scary to say the least though. that's for sure

Coolazice
03-20-2013, 11:38 PM
scary to say the least though. that's for sure

Indeed.

Sperwer
03-20-2013, 11:48 PM
Is that all? Hell, I've got 5000 rounds in my personal stash. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freepressright
03-21-2013, 07:39 AM
What's more is that the explanations from DHS simply do not add up.

The agency says it uses about 15 million rounds per year for training. So, using their numbers as a basis, that means they've purchased enough ammunition for over 100 years. Why?

Moreover, who uses expensive hollow point rounds for target practice? We don't, and no other law enforcement agency around me, the state of Ohio included, uses hollow point rounds for training. They're cost prohibitive, no. 1, and no. 2, most modern ranges require the use of frangible ammunition.

The other explanation DHS has given doesn't hold water, either. A spokesperson said they bought in bulk to save money.

Who the hell buys 1.6 billion of something to "save money?" And how in the hell is buying something you don't need, a LOT of something, saving any money? Only an idiot government apologist would believe that.

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
The director could probably use a financial planning class. First it's 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, then it's a brand new fleet of transforming black SUVs because the old ones "made funny noises."

In all seriousness though this is more likely because of some beuracratic foolishness than actual meglomania.

Sperwer
03-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Can we just register this as the sort of fraud, waste and abuse that is endemic to bloated bureaucracies and move on to deal with that without all the tinfoil hat stuff.

DJM
03-21-2013, 08:28 AM

he re enlisted is why

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 10:39 AM

he re enlisted is why

oh how i lol'd

Jelisej
03-21-2013, 11:51 AM

he re enlisted is why

And Chuck Norris shaved his beard. He is in.
They will need even more ammo.

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 12:38 PM
I'm kind of surprised this isn't being taken seriously by very many people here. Maybe when people start seeing armored vehicles rolling through their towns, it might make it seem more real to them.

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:40 PM
none of the above posters live in the good ol USofA

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm kind of surprised this isn't being taken seriously by very many people here. Maybe when people start seeing armored vehicles rolling through their towns, it might make it seem more real to them.

as much as there's no need to go over our disagreements on govt policies (as we've been over those before) i think the ones who aren't taking it as seriously are more aligned with this thinking:

Can we just register this as the sort of fraud, waste and abuse that is endemic to bloated bureaucracies and move on to deal with that without all the tinfoil hat stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

ah leeve in amurga. im just not sure i believe in an eminent govt takeover of liberties (excessive as i think some of them might be)

if i'm proven wrong, that second passport will come in handy lol

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:45 PM
plz correct me if im wrong but wasnt there just a bill to ban assault rifles, and now this?

here we're just concerned bout when the fk is spring coming!

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
plz correct me if im wrong but wasnt there just a bill to ban assault rifles, and now this?

here we're just concerned bout when the fk is spring coming!

i like the US, but your country is on my list of next targets to leech the system or do whatever it is people think immigrants do lol

DJM
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
^^^ fkn alien!

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 12:58 PM

I have a feeling that this isn't just going to be something that affects the US.

as much as there's no need to go over our disagreements on govt policies (as we've been over those before) i think the ones who aren't taking it as seriously are more aligned with this thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

ah leeve in amurga. im just not sure i believe in an eminent govt takeover of liberties (excessive as i think some of them might be)

if i'm proven wrong, that second passport will come in handy lol

I'm not really looking to start a new debate either. It just shocks me that it's not sending up a red flag for more people. There are some powerful people out there who will never stop trying to disarm civilians and unfortunately, they will succeed (for the most part).

DJM
03-21-2013, 01:00 PM
ill fight them off with the fleshlight!

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 01:02 PM
ill fight them off with the fleshlight!

Fight them off or jerk them off? :rolleyes:

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 01:07 PM
I have a feeling that this isn't just going to be something that affects the US.

I'm not really looking to start a new debate either. It just shocks me that it's not sending up a red flag for more people. There are some powerful people out there who will never stop trying to disarm civilians and unfortunately, they will succeed (for the most part).

i wish they would ;)

but yah, in this specific instance here, i think it's just bureaucracy and possible corruption with side deals with ammo manufacturers to inflate contracts. good ol' profit, you know. i don't personally see this as a prelude to govt action on civil liberties, but hey, thats just me.

^^^ fkn alien!

coming to drain YOUR social security next! lol

all jokes aside before the more radical get their pitchforks, im a legal working immigrant and prolly pay more taxes (proportionally) than half you g'damn citizens! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Fight them off or jerk them off? :rolleyes:

LOL

they're cummin for you!!

burlyman30
03-21-2013, 01:13 PM

I'm aware of what's going on, and it concerns me to see the trending of things. I just didn't have the time or energy to address it, seeing as nothing I say here will change it or anyone's mind about it.

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 01:18 PM
i wish they would ;)

but yah, in this specific instance here, i think it's just bureaucracy and possible corruption with side deals with ammo manufacturers to inflate contracts. good ol' profit, you know. i don't personally see this as a prelude to govt action on civil liberties, but hey, thats just me.

coming to drain YOUR social security next! lol

all jokes aside before the more radical get their pitchforks, im a legal working immigrant and prolly pay more taxes (proportionally) than half you g'damn citizens! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

LOL

they're cummin for you!!

If it was just a large amount of ammo being purchased, then I would still be a little concerned, but large numbers of armored vehicles being scattered across the country too? I've seen a little of the conspiracy stuff about this exact stuff, but now it's hitting the mainstream media and raising flags with them even.

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
If it was just a large amount of ammo being purchased, then I would still be a little concerned, but large numbers of armored vehicles being scattered across the country too? I've seen a little of the conspiracy stuff about this exact stuff, but now it's hitting the mainstream media and raising flags with them even.

yah, i guess time will prove one of the theories and disprove the others. wait, see and joke about defending ourselves with sex toys, which seems to be the best course of action for the time being :D lol

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 01:24 PM
I'm aware of what's going on, and it concerns me to see the trending of things. I just didn't have the time or energy to address it, seeing as nothing I say here will change it or anyone's mind about it.

I'm not sure if that's true, Burly. There are a lot of people that respect you and think you are pretty sensible guy. Coming from me, many might dismiss something, but from you - they may think that you are someone worth listening to.

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 01:30 PM
yah, i guess time will prove one of the theories and disprove the others. wait, see and joke about defending ourselves with sex toys, which seems to be the best course of action for the time being :D lol

lol

Btw, I don't think it's legal, hard working, tax-paying, immigrants like you that people have a problem with... it's the illegal ones that are hopping the border without following the proper legal channels and who are looking for all the "freebies" they can get here without paying into the system.[/Sidetrack]

DJM
03-21-2013, 01:43 PM
lol

Btw, I don't think it's legal, hard working, tax-paying, immigrants like you that people have a problem with... it's the illegal ones that are hopping the border without following the proper legal channels and who are looking for all the "freebies" they can get here without paying into the system.[/Sidetrack]

you should read up more on those illegals' backgrounds, and why they do that, then put yourself in their shoes.......you would be doing exactly the same thing im quite sure

****i smell a debate coming lol, love them

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 01:48 PM
you should read up more on those illegals' backgrounds, and why they do that, then put yourself in their shoes.......you would be doing exactly the same thing im quite sure

I know several 'illegals'. I worked with them and didn't have a problem with them at all. They were cool, hard working guys for the most part. Everybody has reasons for doing what they do. Some reasons are better than others. Doing things legally is the probably the best way to do them though.

****Please start a new thread if you are looking for a debate. Like I said though - the guys (illegals) I know actually worked and paid taxes so I don't have any problem with them.

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 01:54 PM
lol

here we go Cool haha i'll promise i won't extend this, but gonna give a quick opinion on the matter, given my close familiarity with it.

i've had a chance to see a fair amount of what the "illegals" do here. I'm sure there are criminals and overall just shitty people, no matter where they come from. and if some people are attached to country boundaries and their right to exist there over others on the count that they weren't born there, well, that's their premise no matter how much i disagree with it.

Now, the notion that illegals get freebies and somehow get to take more advantage of the system is something i cannot subscribe to. The illegals, like everyone else, must make money. most of them make money by working for business. for the vast majority of them, it is the reason they are here. that generates revenue that you, the citizen, can enjoy. it goes in the same pile, there's no distinction between the businesses that used illegals or the ones that didn't, when it comes to taxes.
The "illegals" have to consume. that also generates revenue.

Now, freebies. Did you know, that me, a legal working immigrant, with permanent status, do not have access to Social Security and had to get a sponsor to tell ICE that they would pay my share into the system if i was to go into wellfare? and I am legal! this notion that illegals have access to most of the system is pure a simply a misconception repeated over and over by fox news and somehow it became reality. There's the argument of healthcare. They cost the system approximately 11 billion, according to figures put out by sides advocating against them. in CA alone, illegals generate 6-7 billion in social security that they DO NOT have access to.

and in closing, i don't get the contradiction the anti-immigration advocates spew. Market regulates it all, survival of the fittest! as long as he is american. What is this fear of, according to them, unskilled, untrained mexicans?

Get the government out of our lives!!! Unless it's in our lives to get the fucking immigrants out, then please, more government!!

i just dont get it.

like i said, sorry, im not gonna let this descend into any out of line behavior, but i don't know how to STFU lol

- - - Updated - - -

I know several 'illegals'. I worked with them and didn't have a problem with them at all. They were cool, hard working guys for the most part. Everybody has reasons for doing what they do. Some reasons are better than others. Doing things legally is the probably the best way to do them though.

****Please start a new thread if you are looking for a debate. Like I said though - the guys (illegals) I know actually worked and paid taxes so I don't have any problem with them.

here we go Cool haha i'll promise i won't extend this, but gonna give a quick opinion on the matter, given my close familiarity with it.

i've had a chance to see a fair amount of what the "illegals" do here. I'm sure there are criminals and overall just shitty people, no matter where they come from. and if some people are attached to country boundaries and their right to exist there over others on the count that they weren't born there, well, that's their premise no matter how much i disagree with it.

Now, the notion that illegals get freebies and somehow get to take more advantage of the system is something i cannot subscribe to. The illegals, like everyone else, must make money. most of them make money by working for business. for the vast majority of them, it is the reason they are here. that generates revenue that you, the citizen, can enjoy. it goes in the same pile, there's no distinction between the businesses that used illegals or the ones that didn't, when it comes to taxes.
The "illegals" have to consume. that also generates revenue.

Now, freebies. Did you know, that me, a legal working immigrant, with permanent status, do not have access to Social Security and had to get a sponsor to tell ICE that they would pay my share into the system if i was to go into wellfare? and I am legal! this notion that illegals have access to most of the system is pure a simply a misconception repeated over and over by fox news and somehow it became reality. There's the argument of healthcare. They cost the system approximately 11 billion, according to figures put out by sides advocating against them. in CA alone, illegals generate 6-7 billion in social security that they DO NOT have access to.

and in closing, i don't get the contradiction the anti-immigration advocates spew. Market regulates it all, survival of the fittest! as long as he is american. What is this fear of, according to them, unskilled, untrained mexicans?

Get the government out of our lives!!! Unless it's in our lives to get the fucking immigrants out, then please, more government!!

i just dont get it.

like i said, sorry, im not gonna let this descend into any out of line behavior, but i don't know how to STFU lol

lol new thread i guess!!!

- - - Updated - - -

start a new thread if you are looking for a debate. Like I said though - the guys (illegals) I know actually worked and paid taxes so I don't have any problem with them.

also, my bad, my post was very much responding to as if we stand on different sides of this issue, which was an assumption

Jelisej
03-21-2013, 01:58 PM

You did not watch Walking dead"?

Coolazice
03-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Hmmm, I have the feeling that no matter what else I say here, even though I have no real problem with illegal immigrants because of my positive experiences with them, I doomed to look like a villain, so I am clocking out of the thread as of now.

DJM
03-21-2013, 02:01 PM

i agree legal is better, but legal doesnt always = right
i dont wanna start a thread about illegals, and you didnt take the bait, so ill do this quick, cause it drives me mad just the word illegal alien

mexico city = high crime high danger, thus many families move to the outskirts for safety, but the tradeoff is unreal poverty
boarder jumpers are usually those people, many times just the father and uncle first, trying to escape this doom, they sneak into the us, work under the table, which is a ton for them, and either send it back, or eventually fund the family to get over.....the trip over is dangerous (i have friends who did this from guatamala, their story is fkn madness, but they had to escape the dangerous country at all costs), many dont make it, ect...............i was being an ass and baiting you to re affirm your stance, because i know you are a father, and you will do what you have to do for that child, regardless of laws

i by no means say its a positive for the america or any country, however i see the reasoning and do not fault these people, and to top it off the states rapes and steals most of these nations' wealth to begin with (they were on a plane the second chavez died lol)

ok back to the ammunition stuff

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Hmmm, I have the feeling that no matter what else I say here, even though I have no real problem with illegal immigrants because of my positive experiences with them, I doomed to look like a villain, so I am clocking out of the thread as of now.

hey, my apologies, like i said in the earlier post, i made assumptions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REeEbSb9gio

DJM
03-21-2013, 02:05 PM
fuck im compelled

not directed at ice , dude haha, im just making a general statement

i never get the american obsession with the notion of how bad illegal immigrants/mexicans are and they drain the economy, when the largest coorporations in the country outsource all their work, and its ok.....at least those mexicans are spending their dollars they made in the us, and putting back into the system

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 02:12 PM
fuck im compelled

i never get the american obsession with the notion of how bad illegal immigrants/mexicans are and they drain the economy, when the largest coorporations in the country outsource all their work, and its ok.....at least those mexicans are spending their dollars they made in the us, and putting back into the system

system that they don't get to use as much as other tax paying individuals, mind you :)

DJM
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
system that they don't get to use as much as other tax paying individuals, mind you :)

that part is fair to me, if they are illegal then they shouldnt be allowed, but to refuse a man's right to pretty much save his family, by coming in and working at low wage, cmon, and in the american business model of capitalism, cant fault owner either who hires them, he wants to make more.......mexicans = cheaper/faster/better

any home repairs, car repairs, dish install, stolen directv (:p), hire mexicans
me-'how much for the pads and 2 disks?'
carlos ' mmmmm, one pifty, bueno?' and his kids watch as he does it lol

longBallLima
03-21-2013, 02:34 PM
that part is fair to me

oh, indeed, it just invalidates the argument that they "drain the sytem"

h2s
03-21-2013, 03:08 PM
I think it is because of zombies. Shit could get real if zombies were to come after us. The united states doesn't want to lose their land to flesh eaters, so we are loading up on ammo. They are hollow point so they can explode their heads. I just wish they would give me one of the armored cars, you know what traffic is like in this city? Fucking miserable.

milehighguy
03-21-2013, 04:12 PM
I think it is because of zombies. Shit could get real if zombies were to come after us. The united states doesn't want to lose their land to flesh eaters, so we are loading up on ammo. They are hollow point so they can explode their heads. I just wish they would give me one of the armored cars, you know what traffic is like in this city? Fucking miserable.

fk yea, this is exactly why! we now need to know where all this ammo is going so we can find it when the zombies arrive

Sperwer
03-21-2013, 05:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

A little background and a couple of points:

1. I'm sort of genetically programmed to be suspicious of govt. hell, half my family thought the continental congress (being a lot closer) was worse than King George, so fought for the Crown and had to leave for Canada in 1783. My dad only repatriated in 1950 and I'm a dual citizen w/ a UEL flag on my maple leaf. The other half of my family were non-slave-holding Confederates. So Sam is not my uncle.

2. I now reside in a country that used APCs and tanks and an entire division of special forces against its own people only 25 years ago and, despite its current democratic status, still deploys thousands of special militarized police in the streets, w/ APCs, on a weekly basis. I have a very lively idea of the sort of thinking that drives that and take it very seriously when it exists but don't when it doesn't in any meaningful or worrisome sense.

3. The referenced article refers only to some proposals that have moreover now been publicized in a fashion that makes it very unlikely they will be carried out.

4. Does it make any real difference if the Marines hang onto the vehicles or (as the most underfunded branch) shift the cost of storage and maintenance to HS? Ditto whether the ammo is stockpiled by HS or the services.

The principal and only really pressing concern here AFAIAC is the sheer financial stupidity which probably involves the usual bureaucratic propensity for creating self-licking ice cream cones and featherbedding for corporate suppliers of the goods (and the all-expenses paid golf vacations).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHC
03-21-2013, 07:49 PM
fuck im compelled

It has to do with their reluctance to assimilate. I have lived in central Mexico and while I was there I did not wave the flag of the United States. I did not petition the government to change their laws to suit my needs. I spoke the language of the land. I observed and respected the customs and traditions that existed there before I came. I did not expect the citizens of Mexico to care about my needs while I was there. Nor would they have put up with it.

Macdon1588
03-21-2013, 09:24 PM
The DHS should be an example of what happens when, after a tragedy, we beg the government for more security. We'll just keep feeding the beast our civil rights until we think its big enough to protect us from everything.

burlyman30
03-21-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure if that's true, Burly. There are a lot of people that respect you and think you are pretty sensible guy. Coming from me, many might dismiss something, but from you - they may think that you are someone worth listening to.

Thanks for the kind words. If someone asks my opinion, I'm certainly not afraid to voice it as long as I have one on an issue. However, I doubt I'll change anyone's mind on political matters. There is a saying I learned many years ago: "A man convinced against his will... is of the same opinion still." Even if I prove a point and force someone to agree based on presented facts, they will turn, walk away, and still believe what they did before. So, that being said, I pick my battles. I think any here who are familiar with me are also aware of my political leanings. I believe in more power and money to the people, and less to the government.

Freepressright
03-22-2013, 08:16 AM
The massive ammo purchase is one of two things.

Either:

1. It is a deliberate attempt to slow the supply of ammunition to the civilian population

OR

2. It is in preparation for civil unrest of some kind

In any event, it's stupid and a real head scratcher.

WHC
03-22-2013, 08:32 AM

What time has proven is that government entities are willing to use arms against the citizens under their control. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon, Stalin's gulags, Nazi Germany, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Argentina's dirty war, the whiskey rebellion, Mao, and the 1968 student protests in Mexico City (Tlatelolco massacre) are just a few examples.

WHC
03-22-2013, 08:35 AM

Either:

1. It is a deliberate attempt to slow the supply of ammunition to the civilian population

OR

Maybe two birds with one stone?

Freepressright
03-22-2013, 09:22 AM
What time has proven is that government entities are willing to use arms against the citizens under their control. Caesar's crossing of the Rubicon, Stalin's gulags, Nazi Germany, Pol Pot's Cambodia, Argentina's dirty war, the whiskey rebellion, Mao, and the 1968 student protests in Mexico City (Tlatelolco massacre) are just a few examples.

And before any historical revisionist tries to chime in here with some polarized piece about how Hitler did not enact gun control, please review your history, because Hitler SELECTIVELY disarmed his targets, the Jews.

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
It has to do with their reluctance to assimilate. I have lived in central Mexico and while I was there I did not wave the flag of the United States. I did not petition the government to change their laws to suit my needs. I spoke the language of the land. I observed and respected the customs and traditions that existed there before I came. I did not expect the citizens of Mexico to care about my needs while I was there. Nor would they have put up with it.

most of the states where this is an issue is of Spanish influenced traditions anyway, man. the traditions that were forced there were the british, ango-saxon, american or whatever you wanna call it.

time has also proven that govt entities are NOT willing to use arms in many other instances, so i'm not sure what that proves.

Freepressright
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
The DHS' cover-up of the ammo buys is imploding. Fifteen congressman have written a letter demanding to know why the federal agency is buying so many rounds of ammunition and whether the purchases are part of a deliberate attempt to restrict supply to the American people.

Big Sis (Janet Napolitano) has remained silent on the issue, refusing to answer questions from reporters and even from multiple elected representatives, about the ammo buys.

Herein lies the problem. People speculate about the worst when these assholes, who claimed they would lead the way in transparency, are only successful in being secretive and transparently political. If there isn't any ill will, then it's nothing a little sunshine won't sanitize. Keeping the people in the dark only fuels the conspiracy theories.

In any event, no matter where you stand on conspiracies, there's nothing normal about a cabinet-level (administrative) branch of government arming itself to the teeth with 1.6 billion rounds, 7,000 fully-automatic assault weapons (referred to by them as 'personal defense' weapons) and 2,700 armored vehicles which equate to nothing more than watered down tanks.

Cobalt
03-22-2013, 12:23 PM
I've got an interesting question that has been bugging me about all this:

How did it become public knowledge that the Govt bought all of the ammo? Was it leaked, or did someone see a huge receipt laying around?

It just makes me wonder why something like this became known to the public if it is that big of a deal.

OR, if this is just some smoke and mirrors to grab your attention away from something bigger.

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
I've got an interesting question that has been bugging me about all this:

How did it become public knowledge that the Govt bought all of the ammo? Was it leaked, or did someone see a huge receipt laying around?

It just makes me wonder why something like this became known to the public if it is that big of a deal.

OR, if this is just some smoke and mirrors to grab your attention away from something bigger.

a staged FDA raid at a certain supplement company perhaps??? lol

Freepressright
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Government purchase orders/requisitions.

They're a matter of public record. You have a number of watchdogs in alternative media that pay attention to this stuff.

These assholes in the federal government are not only affecting civilian gun owners, but they're making life very difficult for the law enforcement community. Ammunition is getting hard for agencies to get their hands on, thanks in large part to the selfish federal government buying enough of it to supply themselves for over 100 years.

Police Departments Beg And Barter For Ammo While DHS Buys Up 1.6 Billion Rounds In Past Year | CNS News (http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn-williams-jr/police-departments-beg-and-barter-ammo-while-dhs-buys-16-billion)

Bullet control was easier to achieve than gun control.

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 12:51 PM
American "contractors" in Iraq and other countries use Serbian ammo and weapons, like Zastava M-21 rifle- much cheaper and good quality. Never jamms.

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 12:55 PM
American "contractors" in Iraq and other countries use Serbian ammo and weapons, like Zastava M-21 rifle- much cheaper and good quality. Never jamms.

but do they fire freedom and democracy?!?

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 01:00 PM
but do they fire freedom and democracy?!?

They fire in 5.56 mostly, there are 7.62 version as well, I think.

Untitled Document (http://www.assegaitrading.co.za/zastava_weapons_assaultrif_m21_556mm.htm)

Untitled Document (http://www.assegaitrading.co.za/zastava_weapons_pistol_cz999.htm)

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
They fire in 5.56 mostly, there are 7.62 version as well, I think.

Untitled Document (http://www.assegaitrading.co.za/zastava_weapons_assaultrif_m21_556mm.htm)

Untitled Document (http://www.assegaitrading.co.za/zastava_weapons_pistol_cz999.htm)

this is "spread the wealth" firepower, you commie!!!

Jelisej, on a completely side note that doesn't necessarily warrant a thread, i wanted to state: The lady's Cortisol and Thyroid hormones were off and we caught it and mitigated it, largely thanks to literature and knowledge provided by you in these boards, so intentionally or not, you were a big help. Thanks a bunch, man!! I oughta send you chocolate, flowers and take you out for a special night on the town! :D

Jelisej
03-22-2013, 01:56 PM
this is "spread the wealth" firepower, you commie!!!

Jelisej, on a completely side note that doesn't necessarily warrant a thread, i wanted to state: The lady's Cortisol and Thyroid hormones were off and we caught it and mitigated it, largely thanks to literature and knowledge provided by you in these boards, so intentionally or not, you were a big help. Thanks a bunch, man!! I oughta send you chocolate, flowers and take you out for a special night on the town! :D

Glad to hear that I was helpful somehow. That is a main reason why I'm here. No need for chocolate bro', someday you'll help someone else, thats how its working.
Enjoy every moment with your lady, life is too short.

longBallLima
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Glad to hear that I was helpful somehow. That is a main reason why I'm here. No need for chocolate bro', someday you'll help someone else, thats how its working.
Enjoy every moment with your lady, life is too short.

flowers it is then! lol jk

but in all seriousness, appreciate it, man!

Enuke65
03-22-2013, 06:14 PM

Either:

OR

Both are plausible. Drying up ammo supplies has caused prices to skyrocket, 5.56 rounds now cost $.90/round if you can find them, where they cost <$.50/round back in October.

As to the second point, there seems to be an increase in natural disaster activity here in the states, for whatever reason. The public reactions to these are getting worse each time, and the governments support to the people affected seems slow and half-hearted at best.
Along with that, for the first time in US history, environmental and agricultural concerns (natural disasters and food supply) were brought up as concerns during National Security Council meetings, citing a food shortage or large scale disaster as a possible spark for civil unrest.
I'm not really a big conspiracy theory guy, but some stuff just kinda adds up if you look at it. I can't talk to much shit as I'm technically on the feds payroll, but sometimes some of the shit we do makes me say seriously? what the fuck man?!

Macdon1588
03-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Well, if unrest does happen, us boys and girls in the fly over states will be watching it from our cozy spot - sitting right on top of the food supply, with access to readily available energy supplies, and mountains upon mountains of ammo and weapons. You'll notice that historically speaking, riots happen in urban areas, so have fun clawing your way out of them there cities;-).

burlyman30
03-23-2013, 11:28 AM
A few years ago, when my business was quite lucrative, I was looking at a small island to purchase. With all the unrest in society, sometimes that doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Too bad I don't have any money for that now.

tallstraw
03-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Look, here's the be all end all to it. I don't give a fuck who has the ammo. The guns don't matter. Who are they gonna get to march on you. I can promise you, no soldier is going to march on civilians unprovoked. You storm our base, that's one thing. But they try to make this a police state. Every soldier would laugh in their face. That's the end of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, you were seriously looking to purchase a small island? How small is small? We talkin DJ's penorz here(that creep sends me noodz all the damn time), or like figi island small? Regardless, much envy and respect from me.

burlyman30
03-24-2013, 01:00 AM
Wait, you were seriously looking to purchase a small island? How small is small? We talkin DJ's penorz here(that creep sends me noodz all the damn time), or like figi island small? Regardless, much envy and respect from me.

Wasn't kidding... was looking for something outside of any governmental control or taxation and of course off grid. Nothing big... enough for a house (aka compound :) ) and a bit of surrounding area for a potential (or actual) airstrip. Some decent ones were available in the $2 mil range if memory serves me right. I won't get too into my story, but I thought I was smart by re-investing real estate profits into the real estate market instead of holding onto it... then the market crashed. So... no Burly Island. :(

tallstraw
03-24-2013, 12:36 PM
Well, the island would have held it value for the most part as a safety net. Especially is you barely modernized it. So people could 'getaway'. But wow, 2mi, and you were consodering it!? It's amazing the things you accomplished. From boodybuilding, wealth, and strong marriage. I need to get drive like that.

burlyman30
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Well, the island would have held it value for the most part as a safety net. Especially is you barely modernized it. So people could 'getaway'. But wow, 2mi, and you were consodering it!? It's amazing the things you accomplished. From bodybuilding, wealth, and strong marriage. I need to get drive like that.

It has a lot to do with knowing what you want in life, believing that its possible, then doing whatever it takes to get it, regardless of obstacles. Keeping your eye on the prize, and roadblocks become just speed bumps on the way to your destination. Looking forward, not back or sideways.