PDA

View Full Version : Nasser El Sonbaty has died.

h2s
03-22-2013, 10:24 AM
News on this has been all over MD today, but I can't seem to find anything official. Figured I would let you guys know. If this turns out to be a rumor I will delete the thread.

Coolazice
03-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Very sad. Hope it's only a rumor.

Rodja
03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
I saw this on FB. Apparently, Levrone posted this as well.

Eden
03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
This is just sad, I mean these guys are supposed to be the pinnacle of health, and over the last year a few of them have died. I assume because of genetic causes, I would hope that they didn't compromise there health that much for a competition.

Rodja
03-22-2013, 11:29 AM
This is just sad, I mean these guys are supposed to be the pinnacle of health, and over the last year a few of them have died. I assume because of genetic causes, I would hope that they didn't compromise there health that much for a competition.

You're not really that naive, are you? Of course copious amounts of AAS, GH, slin, diuretics, opiates, etc. are going to drastically shorten the lifespan.

Eden
03-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Yes I realize that most of the things they take aren't terribly good for health but I wouldn't say I'm naive, the word you seem to have wanted to use it retarded. People do things that are much more horrible for their health, I mean eating processed foods, and smoking probably have a higher affinity for shortening life span than AAS, gh, slin, and diuretics. I do agree that opiates aren't very good, but I wasn't trying to speak on those. I am trying to say that when most of these guys are looked at it's usually some kind of heart fault or genetic cause, of course using AAS ETC is bad for your health, but much worse things are used for much longer periods, and those people are still walking around.

DJM
03-22-2013, 11:39 AM
your last comment sums it up
pro level aas usage is bad and can cut decades off ones life

h2s
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
You're not really that naive, are you? Of course copious amounts of AAS, GH, slin, diuretics, opiates, etc. are going to drastically shorten the lifespan.

Considering he was rumored to be GH-15, he advocated fairly heavy usage of EVERYTHING.

DJM
03-22-2013, 11:51 AM
npc level competitor some of us know, told me hes never gone to the doc, and is afraid what theyd say

Rodja
03-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Yes I realize that most of the things they take aren't terribly good for health but I wouldn't say I'm naive, the word you seem to have wanted to use it retarded. People do things that are much more horrible for their health, I mean eating processed foods, and smoking probably have a higher affinity for shortening life span than AAS, gh, slin, and diuretics. I do agree that opiates aren't very good, but I wasn't trying to speak on those. I am trying to say that when most of these guys are looked at it's usually some kind of heart fault or genetic cause, of course using AAS ETC is bad for your health, but much worse things are used for much longer periods, and those people are still walking around.

Comparing Taco Bell to the cocktail used by pros is retarded. It's reported that he died of kidney failure, which directly points to diuretic abuse.

Eden
03-22-2013, 12:06 PM
You having a bad day Rodja, or are you rude all the time, I was just trying to communicate my point of view, if it was wrong fine, that doesn't bother me, but I didn't come here to squabble with you. I don't understand what I did to provoke the response you're giving me. If I did something to offend you I'm sorry.

Rodja
03-22-2013, 12:17 PM
I'm not offended; it's just odd that you seem to have some denial about the amount of shit that the pros ingest having any causation with an early death. He's had health, specifically kidney issues, for years and he's not the only prominent BBer from the 90's to die or have a major health crisis (e.g. Flex, DeMayo, Matarazzo, etc.).

Eden
03-22-2013, 01:09 PM
I didn't imply, or intend to imply that what he didn't have an effect on his health, but it is my personal opinion that the things he did are over exaggerated in his cause of death. I am aware that what he did was dangerous, but my intention was that we all do things that impact our health. When I see the same amount of outcry when a normal person dies bitching at mcdonalds, as I do when a bber dies at steroids then I might change my stance. There seems to be a double standard of blaming Steroids, and the "chemical cocktail" they take, yet a blind eye is turned when an average person dies of a chemical cocktail of synthetic chemicals, and foods totally unnatural to humans that they consume.

Rodja
03-22-2013, 01:29 PM
http://www.soldeosa.com/editorial/images/redherring.jpg

anab0lix
03-22-2013, 02:21 PM
To get a better idea, even the Golden Era dudes had heart problems just from long term d-bol use. Arnold eventually had to get two heart surgeries didn't he?

nate3993
03-22-2013, 02:33 PM
i've heard kidney failure, i've heard malaria. both are not confirmed. considering he lived in CA though, malaria seems like a stretch.

weekend
03-22-2013, 02:35 PM
npc level competitor some of us know, told me hes never gone to the doc, and is afraid what theyd say

Matt?

nate3993
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
Matt?

didn't even think about him. i assume your right though

Rodja
03-22-2013, 02:42 PM
To get a better idea, even the Golden Era dudes had heart problems just from long term d-bol use. Arnold eventually had to get two heart surgeries didn't he?

That one is reported to be congenital. Most of them, though, have lived long lives and are still alive today. It wasn't until GH/slin and diuretics came into play that shit got really dangerous.

Rulk
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
RIP Nasser, and god be with you and your family.

I met Nasser one year and we got along real great, I even was telling about an article he wrote, about hating the weights.. He really dug that. Years later at the Emerald Cup, he still remembered my name. Great guy, great competitor and he will be missed.