PDA

View Full Version : Back pumps

Cobalt
03-23-2013, 09:16 AM
I've been getting some nasty back pumps recently, to the point where I have to stop my workout.

Any way to prevent them? I want to say that I read on the PP forums something about Taurine being able to deal with it.

burlyman30
03-23-2013, 10:02 AM
I've been getting some nasty back pumps recently, to the point where I have to stop my workout.

Any way to prevent them? I want to say that I read on the PP forums something about Taurine being able to deal with it.

Taurine helps. People's success with it varies, though. Definitely worth a try to put some in your preworkout shake.

Cobalt
03-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Taurine helps. People's success with it varies, though. Definitely worth a try to put some in your preworkout shake.

Any idea how much to add?

Coolazice
03-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Any idea how much to add?

At least 3 grams.

Bucks
03-23-2013, 10:43 AM
I'll use 2 grams when I get up and 3 grams 1 hr pre workout.

SoCal-Nutrition
03-23-2013, 01:52 PM
it's pretty cheap, I usually add 3g pre and then I add a couple grams to my intraworkout drink (I use Strive intra).

szary
03-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Taurine is effective as mitigation for buckpums caused from liver damage - there are even some research (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17690950) that indicate when taken frequently in high doses it can be as useful as TUDCA for that problem

Grape Ape
03-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Back pumps from liver damage; that is new to me. I don't doubt it though.

I never really get bad back pumps, on occasion but almost nothing on most cycles. Dry joints effect me way worse. at shit is crippling to me.

ktrainXr
03-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Ok, I have a thoery on back pumps based upon experience and various things I've heard that actually made sense.

Back pumps for me occur in the lower back, so liver damage doesn't make sense to me from a location standpoint. Not kidney either, since those are in the mid back, though some people claim that water retention puts pressure on them during certain cycles, which is somewhat plausible, but still not a complete answer.

My thoughts...it really is a form of extreme pump. Just about every lift and activity we engage in requires the use of the lower back muscles. So they get filled with fluid/pumped pretty easily...and this is amplified with hormones. So, in comes the taurine...to reduce intracellular swelling. More info and a ton of scholarly arts can be found by googling Taurine Efflux.