PDA

View Full Version : Don't be that guy.....

Mr_math
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm sure a lot of you have seen this, but if you haven't its pretty amusing. Will at least crack a smile.

Dont Be That Guy at the Gym - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8&sns=em)

DJM
11-07-2012, 12:19 PM
love the stereotypes, so true......wonder where some of us fit in

Mr_math
11-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Lol. True. They didnt have the yoga guy in there. That's me. Tights all day, bare foot, stretching all the time in wild poses.

Well not really...

I would hope the majority of us don't fit these molds. But id probably be wrong :/

DJM
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
personally, the gym i go, im the big fish in a small pond type deal, maybe handful of others who actually train for muscle, fkn social club.......i know i get stares and can imagine 'look at him, thinks hes so big, show off with weights' but moe than likely 'STEROIDS!, THATS WHY THATS THE REASON HES LIKE THAT!'

HIXX504
11-07-2012, 12:57 PM
There is woman at my gym who fits the meathead stereotype exactly. She is actually worse. She screams and grunts so loud I can hear her over the pantera that is normally blaring through my headphones while I work out. She is also a fat spandex wearer. Lol.

Mr_math
11-07-2012, 01:39 PM
personally, the gym i go, im the big fish in a small pond type deal, maybe handful of others who actually train for muscle, fkn social club.......i know i get stares and can imagine 'look at him, thinks hes so big, show off with weights' but moe than likely 'STEROIDS!, THATS WHY THATS THE REASON HES LIKE THAT!'

Lol. Yeah. I used to have issues in the 24 I used to go to. Since I switched, haven't had any issues of that. Fell into a place that people want train and compete. I mean there are a few who chat and talk and appear to not be getting stronger and blah blah but you have those everywhere. Just less at my gym. Thankfully.

- - - Updated - - -

There is woman at my gym who fits the meathead stereotype exactly. She is actually worse. She screams and grunts so loud I can hear her over the pantera that is normally blaring through my headphones while I work out. She is also a fat spandex wearer. Lol.

Lol. That's awesome. Video tape this plz. Hahaha

KAB111
11-07-2012, 02:32 PM
The gym I go to is entertaining as hell. We have one gal similar to above, the way she grunts and screams sounds like someone is giving it too her good! You can see the lust on some of the old guys that go there hillarious.
My fav though is this bigger guy, 225 or so and good build, working the hell out of his forearms. Steals the bench to do curls with his forearms behind his back.... Steals a 55 dumbbell to rest his wrist on and bang out 20lb curls..... he's gotr a stron finisher tho.. the handle, rope with a 5lb weight... We just fkn laugh everytime... One of these days he's gonna get pissed about it, it's getting that obvious.

BBG
11-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Definitely somewhere in-between meathead and showoff... I used to do sprints like that around the track upstairs at the Rec. The shame...

DJM
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Definitely somewhere in-between meathead and showoff... I used to do sprints like that around the track upstairs at the Rec. The shame...

hahah
tbh,prob the same, habit of after a set, ill lean on shit quietly like im the badass from the animal ads, just quietly stare and breath

BBG
11-07-2012, 03:24 PM
hahah
tbh,prob the same, habit of after a set, ill lean on shit quietly like im the badass from the animal ads, just quietly stare and breath

Had me laughing my ass off.

JM1000
11-07-2012, 09:59 PM
Video is hilarious... DJM you probly the meathead... without the yelling!

DJM
11-07-2012, 10:44 PM
ill rape you
Video is hilarious... DJM you probly the meathead... without the yelling!

AresTS
11-08-2012, 12:52 AM
A racist and a rapist... Hmmm... Ippy (whoever that is) must have been onto something ; )

- Valdez

burlyman30
11-08-2012, 12:54 AM
ill rape you

sig worthy

DJM
11-08-2012, 06:56 AM
A racist and a rapist... Hmmm... Ippy (whoever that is) must have been onto something ; )

- Valdez

rapist first tho, i never discriminate when its go time

AresTS
11-08-2012, 07:21 AM
rapist first tho, i never discriminate when its go time

Equal opportunity, its only fair lol!

- Valdez

Rulk
11-09-2012, 08:02 PM
I workout in a t-shirt and shorts or sweatpants. I'm quiet pretty much through the whole session, no grunting or yelling. I keep my eyes to myself, but take a look around sometimes. Sometimes I will talk to another member, but mostly keep to myself and hardly ever have a workout partner.

Sometimes I do get a good pump and towards the end of a workout, start pumping out drop sets. I may get a little more focused in these moments and make a little noise. Yes, i'm boring.

Jelisej
11-09-2012, 08:23 PM

I'm definitely "Face".

Sperwer
11-14-2012, 05:27 AM
I'm a grunter; but i get a pass from the locals because (a) it fits in with the martial arts vocalization thing and I'm pushing something out there besides my fist, and (b) i'm old, and here that's pretty much a license not to have to behave

Cobalt
11-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I'd be a meat head, but I don't scream or yell. I'll breathe out really hard, but it's mostly silent.
I guess I'd also be the showoff, but I more do it to crush another showoff that isn't doing something right (SQUATS).

Grape Ape
11-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Some people seem to get annoyed(give me looks) because I might pace or stand around when I'm waiting for the bench of squat rack to open. As if they are mad I'm not totally engaged in an exercise at all times.

My favorite are the older women who hang out all day at the shake bar, just to flirt with the younger guys. they will do 5 minutes on the treadmill, hang around flirting for 20 minutes, do 5 minutes on the elipical, repeat.

Can't stand the guys with their earbuds in who sing out loud as if everyone needs to know the awesome music they listen to.

h2s
11-14-2012, 12:09 PM
Some people seem to get annoyed(give me looks) because I might pace or stand around when I'm waiting for the bench of squat rack to open. As if they are mad I'm not totally engaged in an exercise at all times.

I do one of two things:

1. If guy using equipment/bar/rack I want, and is actually lifting, I let him be, go doing something else and come back later.
2. If they are using the area as a texting center, phone booth, lounge, or anything similar, I try to sit as closely to them as I can and will just stare at them with disapproval until they figure out what is going on. Suprisingly effective.

Mr_math
11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Thankful I don't have to deal with any of this anymore. Although.... I may be using the gym on campus a little next term do to long days at school. Sadly I know what I have to face when I do use it. I hope I can figure something out before having to go in there......

ryansm
11-14-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm sure people think I have been all of them at some point (except a noob). Who gives a shit though, considering 99.9% of the people in a commercial gym have no idea what I'm doing or why...

Freepressright
11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
I do one of two things:

1. If guy using equipment/bar/rack I want, and is actually lifting, I let him be, go doing something else and come back later.
2. If they are using the area as a texting center, phone booth, lounge, or anything similar, I try to sit as closely to them as I can and will just stare at them with disapproval until they figure out what is going on. Suprisingly effective.

No. 2 all the way. I hate when people occupy equipment that aren't exercising. Last week, some fat chick was occupying the seated leg curl machine, talking to her fat friend at the other machine. I made my discontent known.

When she got up, there was a ton of ass sweat soaking her workout pants and it was all over the machine. She didn't even take the time to wipe it down. I nearly vomited.

Fat girl ass sweat... never a good thing.

Eden
11-16-2012, 07:25 PM
If someone is in my way, or being just slow as hell/treating the gym like it's a club to hit up girls, I will make sure to make a TON of noise, be generally as loud as I feel, until they go somewhere else.