PDA

View Full Version : Smoking marijuana and lifting weights

Dcabedo
03-25-2013, 01:26 AM
I was wondering if anyone has an idea of what working out can do for you if you smoke marijuana...I know how long the thc stays in your system varies with how often and long you've been smoking along with other circumstances, but can you actually sweat it out of your system?

By the way, I am not advocating marijuana so please dont kick me off the forum:)

DJM
03-25-2013, 05:57 AM
i advocate it, so does admin, no worries

h2s
03-25-2013, 06:26 AM
Marijuana could actually be a great supplement to someone trying to gain weight, and there is actually medicinal usage for this exact reason. I am not advocating that you become a burnout, like anything responsibility is the best thing to advocate.

Ideally, in terms of benefits for the gym, you would use a vaporizer, so as not to actually be introducing smoke to your lungs. While there hadn't been any good studies that link marijuana smoke to lung cancer, you should still consider it a smoke.

It would be nice if there was a way to isolate the effects on hunger, but I am only aware of a drug that uses the cannabis receptor for suppressing appetite. The opposite would be a huge benefit to hard gainers (....and by that I mean guys who can't eat).

Of course isolating that effect would be great, but then you miss the fun.

markam
03-25-2013, 06:36 AM
The accepted technical term for the effect of marijuana stimulating appetite is 'Munchies'.

h2s
03-25-2013, 10:06 AM
The accepted technical term for the effect of marijuana stimulating appetite is 'Munchies'.

Get out of here with your ivy league education terms.

Jelisej
03-25-2013, 10:24 AM
I'm against marijuana and weighlifting, it puts a pressure on heart and increases heartbeat a lot and that itself is good enough reason not to combine these two. IMO marijuanas sides outweight benefits.

DJM
03-25-2013, 10:34 AM
I'm against marijuana and weighlifting, it puts a pressure on heart and increases heartbeat a lot and that itself is good enough reason not to combine these two. IMO marijuanas sides outweight benefits.

what sides??? hunger? lethargy? about it
and in my extensive experience my HR drops with the stuff

jmo, but if you are into weights and you wanna do something, weed trumps cigarettes and alcohol every day of the week and twice on sunday

h2s
03-25-2013, 11:00 AM
what sides??? hunger? lethargy? about it
and in my extensive experience my HR drops with the stuff

I would be curious of the same. I am unaware of any studies linking heart damage to marijuana usage. Although the act of 'smoking' can raise BP, it is generally a rather acute response. Again, a vaporizer would be advocated if this is the main opposition.

Jelisej
03-25-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, from my limited experience HR increases big time, for majority of others is the same. Blood pressure drops, which (at least in my case) makes it hard or impossible to exercies or work. From my observations I agree that long-term use of it can make people pshychotic, and it does affect mental wellbeing in general. Its mild depressant IMO.
its ok for youngsters as "recreational" drug for occasional use, thats it.
It can be used as medicine in some cases.
maybe I'm not objective, I hate those type of singers/bands that promote marijuana, alcohol and gangster style. I would send them all to work on cornfields or to grow cabbage, or to work in forest or some other decent labour.

DJM
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Well, from my limited experience HR increases big time, for majority of others is the same. Blood pressure drops, which (at least in my case) makes it hard or impossible to exercies or work. From my observations I agree that long-term use of it can make people pshychotic, and it does affect mental wellbeing in general. Its mild depressant IMO.
its ok for youngsters as "recreational" drug for occasional use, thats it.
It can be used as medicine in some cases.
maybe I'm not objective, I hate those type of singers/bands that promote marijuana, alcohol and gangster style. I would send them all to work on cornfields or to grow cabbage, or to work in forest or some other decent labour.

psychotic? xplain? thats interesting

DJM
03-25-2013, 11:20 AM
iv seen way too many accounts of its medicinal use and trumping modern medicine in cases like leukemia, to discredit it. i dont believe its a wonder drug but it has its place

with canibas its usually who you talk to, how educated they are on the topic, that dictates their response

for the sole purpose of bb'ing i think it can be effective for those who cant eat enough, as a prewo i dont see how thatd work lol

on tren, insomnia comes and goes, only weed helps, not melatonin not anything but that

anyways

*** this thread has 20pg potential lol

markam
03-25-2013, 11:31 AM

Jeez, gotta get some glasses. Thought it said masturbating and weightlifting. LOL

longBallLima
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Jeez, gotta get some glasses. Thought it said masturbating and weightlifting. LOL

masturbating only works as an INTRA work out

h2s
03-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Jel, I find it odd that someone who usually takes such an intellectual/study based approach to understanding the body seems to have developed an opinion on this plant due to personal emotion and perceived stereotyping of users.

Jelisej
03-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Jel, I find it odd that someone who usually takes such an intellectual/study based approach to understanding the body seems to have developed an opinion on this plant due to personal emotion and perceived stereotyping of users.

I did not base my opinion just on personal opinion. I always try to see all 3 sides of coin and then I draw conclusions- I had a lot of "contact" with marijuana so its not just theory.
Anyway,
We will not agree on this one.
We are all entitled to our opinion, so I'll move on, this thread has nothing interesting for me.
I wish you good fun.

BBG
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
I think weed can be totally not at all dangerous. Extremely, extremely not even close to dangerous.

Actually, I think weed can be harmful if someone is inclined to laziness. Then they just sink into super laziness if they smoke weed all the time.

markam
03-25-2013, 12:19 PM
masturbating only works as an INTRA work out

I guess you've got a home gym:)

longBallLima
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
I guess you've got a home gym:)

you'd be surprised....

Dcabedo
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
insomnia comes and goes, only weed helps, not melatonin not anything but that

Pretty much why I started smoking again. Now if I can only get my munchies under control, it'd be perfect!

Jelisej
03-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Pretty much why I started smoking again. Now if I can only get my munchies under control, it'd be perfect!

You should try to fix insomnia, treating symptoms is not long term solution, fix the source of problems. You are too young to have these problems.
If in your early 20-is you cant exercise without stimulants/AAS or whatever, sleep without weed/sleeping pils or whatever etc... Than what will happen in 20 years time?
Rely on your own resources. You have all you need, make most of it, use it wisely. Build strong foundations for future... Be your own man, most of all be man, you have all you need to be man.

DJM
03-25-2013, 02:19 PM
You should try to fix insomnia, treating symptoms is not long term solution, fix the source of problems. You are too young to have these problems.
If in your early 20-is you cant exercise without stimulants/AAS or whatever, sleep without weed/sleeping pils or whatever etc... Than what will happen in 20 years time?
Rely on your own resources. You have all you need, make most of it, use it wisely. Build strong foundations for future... Be your own man, most of all be man, you have all you need to be man.

i think he was referring to trenbolone induced insomnia, which would go once the tren leaves, its the dealing with it while on.......i get it every few nights, and nothing has ever consistently worked to alleviate it

longBallLima
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
from what i hear heroin makes you sleep like a champ :)

lol all kidding aside, you guys ever research with DSIP? did the rats sleep?

and i agree with jelisej, if DC's insomnia is not related to tren, he oughta check what's causing it and smoke weed for the same reason 90% of pot smokers do: cuz they want to.

Dcabedo
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Nope, don't take tren.

I've already cut out my preworkout cause it's way worse when i take it. So what i've been doing the past few nights is i'd smoke a bowl, chow down some munchies, and i'd pass out...usually within an hour. And if i dont chief, I end up tossing and turning until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Could me working out at night be the problem?

KAB111
03-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Working out at night has always made me have sleeping problems. Not because I dont eventually get to sleep but I catch my second wind, get a little jacked and it takes me too long to unwind. I switched to early mornings because of this and it worked for me. No I end up going to bed around 930-10 and sleep like a champ.
When I was hitting the night time, smoking helped slow me down but it still took to long to sleep.... just made me hungry as hell.

Nope, don't take tren.

I've already cut out my preworkout cause it's way worse when i take it. So what i've been doing the past few nights is i'd smoke a bowl, chow down some munchies, and i'd pass out...usually within an hour. And if i dont chief, I end up tossing and turning until 3 or 4 in the morning.

Could me working out at night be the problem?

Dcabedo
03-25-2013, 04:53 PM
It's just not the same for me if I lift in the morning time...I don't feel as motivated and I gas out alot quicker for some reason.

Scope75
03-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Pre workout=Sativa
Appetite Enhancer=Indica

I can lift sober but I rarely do, but cardio I can't to any of it with out my Sativa.

Munchies are all in your head, and if you have control it won't cause you to do anything you don't want to do. Lol

milehighguy
03-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Pre workout=Sativa
Appetite Enhancer=Indica

I can lift sober but I rarely do, but cardio I can't to any of it with out my Sativa.

What happens if you accidentally smoke the Indica before the gym?... Not so motivated to push big weights? :)

Rodja
03-25-2013, 08:36 PM
Having some edible treats has been great to combat the tren insomnia plus the orgasms are FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!

h2s
03-25-2013, 08:42 PM
Having some edible treats has been great to combat the tren insomnia plus the orgasms are FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!

Fucking a they are. It is almost too much sometimes lol.

Rodja
03-25-2013, 08:44 PM

No such thing, kind sir.

O_RYAN_007
03-25-2013, 09:14 PM
psychotic? xplain? thats interesting

I think his E2 levels are out of whack and his adrenals need to be checked! ASAP!

O_RYAN_007
03-25-2013, 09:16 PM
I think weed can be totally not at all dangerous. Extremely, extremely not even close to dangerous.

Actually, I think weed can be harmful if someone is inclined to laziness. Then they just sink into super laziness if they smoke weed all the time.

Why you calling me out broseph???

O_RYAN_007
03-25-2013, 09:20 PM
I just need to get a new job already so I can start smoking again, I mean dog gawn!

Scope75
03-25-2013, 10:06 PM
What happens if you accidentally smoke the Indica before the gym?... Not so motivated to push big weights? :)
No its the other way around when I'm too high I'd rather go heavy and less reps and get it done and get my dinner started.

Scope75
03-25-2013, 10:10 PM
X2....

Glad the almost is there.
I think I stop breathing sometimes!!!

Macdon1588
03-26-2013, 04:22 AM
I had a perfect summer in college where all I did was smoke, workout and get laid. In the perfect world, at the end of the day, I'd eat a brownie or roll a joint, lift heavy, come home eat a steak, fuck the old lady doggy style, then pass right the fuck out.

Jelisej
03-26-2013, 08:42 AM
I think his E2 levels are out of whack and his adrenals need to be checked! ASAP!

I did not even enjoying writing same ol' stuff about adrenals and E2, I've done it for people's sake. Same as I answer to your questions and personal messages. All threads I started for benefits of others, I dont even recall if I asked questions anyone.
For once I have a different opinion to question- and question was: Do weiglifting and smoking marijuana go together- and IMO it does not. Wheter you use it or not and for which reasons thats completely different.
Wish you luck guys.
Farewell.

rockstarjacked
03-26-2013, 11:43 AM
I personally can lift sober or high. Sometimes I can use my high to really tap into a heightened state of focus and have a great workout. The key here is to not get TOO STONED. Easier said than done though. In terms of smoking just for the sake of eating more, don't make excuses for getting high other than to get high. It's an awesome herb, no reason to hide how you really feel about it.

Dcabedo
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
I personally can lift sober or high. Sometimes I can use my high to really tap into a heightened state of focus and have a great workout. The key here is to not get TOO STONED. Easier said than done though.

Exactly what happened to me last time I lifted while I was high. I had thought I was doing some heavy ass weight but apparently I was using bitch weight on top of crappy form! haha

But of course that was back when I didn't know much about the weights...

weekend
03-26-2013, 09:42 PM
i find that high (lol) rep stuff like mountain dog shoulders is way easier if i smoke right before. that stuff is all in your head, and weed numbs the pain a bit for me.

squats and deads on the other hand are not fun when high.

cardio when high is good too.

O_RYAN_007
03-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I did not even enjoying writing same ol' stuff about adrenals and E2, I've done it for people's sake. Same as I answer to your questions and personal messages. All threads I started for benefits of others, I dont even recall if I asked questions anyone.
For once I have a different opinion to question- and question was: Do weiglifting and smoking marijuana go together- and IMO it does not. Wheter you use it or not and for which reasons thats completely different.
Wish you luck guys.
Farewell.

Come on man, ease up a bit... I was just Jonsin you up.

Dcabedo
03-26-2013, 11:24 PM
i find that high (lol) rep stuff like mountain dog shoulders is way easier if i smoke right before. that stuff is all in your head, and weed numbs the pain a bit for me.

squats and deads on the other hand are not fun when high.

cardio when high is good too.

Man cardio when high is nothing, I feel like I can run forever when i'm blown..haha
It's different with weights for me. I get to paranoid thinking i'm gonna drop some weight on my head or something.