PDA

View Full Version : over the counter drugs

Teresa Clement
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Are there any over the counter cold medicine that can effect peptides?

szary
03-26-2013, 07:22 PM
you can say the may be -there are so called gh boosters they not exactly work for increasing your growth hormone levels above naturally occurring levels but they stabilise your levels making regeneration easier and ageing harder. they main ingredients are dopamine d2 receptor agonists live levodopa or very high levels of NALT, chlorophytum borivilianum (safed musli) Indian herb, and various stimulator and modulators of GABA neurotransmitter - GABA has poor bioavailability (you can mitigate it by dissolving GABA in grapefruit juice from my personal experience) another much more brain affecting derivative of gaba is phenibut, from GABA modulators l-theanine seems to work the best -especially for women(it's reducing adverse effects of stimulants like caffeine , mild antidepresant and helps with sleeping and according to some gossip also with women's libido). There are also some supplements with aminoacids present in peptides but it doen't mean to much as amino acids are abundant in your brain and in the end required in minimal quantities to build your natural peptides. Just wanted to help

Freepressright
03-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Interesting post, but what does it have to do with the underlying question of "Are there any over the counter COLD MEDICINES that can affect peptides?"

I don't know of any, but generally I'm not a huge fan of OTC cold meds anyhow. When things are REALLY extreme, real Sudafed (pseudoephedrine and not that phenylephrine junk that does nothing) is my go to. But I haven't had a cold that severe in years.

Teresa Clement
03-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the info!! This is my first bad sinus infection in years just wanted to check.

O_RYAN_007
04-02-2013, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the info!! This is my first bad sinus infection in years just wanted to check.

I would seriously say that taking peps would help your boost your immune system. I'm taking peps right now and I will say it def helps boost my immune system.

Iopu
04-21-2013, 01:07 AM
Interesting post, but what does it have to do with the underlying question of "Are there any over the counter COLD MEDICINES that can affect peptides?"

I don't know of any, but generally I'm not a huge fan of OTC cold meds anyhow. When things are REALLY extreme, real Sudafed (pseudoephedrine and not that phenylephrine junk that does nothing) is my go to. But I haven't had a cold that severe in years.

Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) is awesome stuff. On two occasions I had a blocked nose for weeks. I took that and it cured me within hours.