PDA

View Full Version : Iron Legion Triumphalis Blog (Sorrow's run)

Sorrow
03-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Received the bottle today! So first off thanks to SoCal-nutrition for the follow through now it my turn to hold up my end and stay consistent and record as much as possible.

My plan is for a solid 4 week run. With 90 caps I see two scenario's
1) 1/2/2/3
This would allow me to make sure no sides for the first week then also test tolerance for 3 caps the last week.
2) 2/2/2/2
This would be an even easy to do 4 week blast. Should also provide consistent feedback for that particular dosage.
Let me know what you guys think would be more informative for the community.

I will be starting this April 1st so should be a nice solid 1 month run. I will take starting pics and final pics as soon as my camera woman is available.

Training is currently a 3 day split, powerlifting oriented.

Additional supplement info on cycle
Creatine (promera health con-crete) 2 scoops every day
Animal pak 1 pak a day

I am on HRT so there is a test injection every 2 weeks (150 test cyph) Also why no listed PCT.

Nutrition is cal oriented I don't focus to heavily on the macro's but I can change that for this cycle. My current daily avg is 3000 - 4000 cal. Relatively dirty cals with high carbs. I do average 100-150g of protein a day. My focus is bulk/power so with strength in mind there will be no restrictions on food.

I will update with some current bests on the basic lifts all current within last 2 weeks and all time pr's. Will retest at the end of the month to provide feedback on overall strength gain.

Scope75
03-28-2013, 03:36 PM
In....

SoCal-Nutrition
03-28-2013, 05:59 PM
SWEET!

Can't wait to get this party started!

- - - Updated - - -

I make ask a mod to move it to the following location:
http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplement-reviews/

h2s
03-28-2013, 06:31 PM
I can move it when I am on a computer. As for the log, glad to see someone I know enough to trust running it. Thanks sorrow and socal.

Sorrow
03-28-2013, 06:33 PM
SWEET!

Can't wait to get this party started!

- - - Updated - - -

I make ask a mod to move it to the following location:
Supplement Reviews (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/supplement-reviews/)

Yeah wasn't sure which location was prefered, I'll ask to move it.

Also I was in a hurry to get to the gym tonight I meant
2/3/3/4 (30 mg / 45 mg / 45 mg / 60 mg )
or
3/3/3/3 (45 mg / 45 mg / 45 mg / 45 mg )

miss counted.. too focused on the deadlift tonight!

BoneDaddy
03-28-2013, 07:33 PM
In, can't wait to see what this does!

3clipsegt
03-28-2013, 08:10 PM
In, can't wait to see what this does!

Same here!

Fat Bill Dwyer
03-29-2013, 10:51 AM
Your PL log is impressive weight and progress-wise, interested to see what adding TRI will do.

Jack O'Neill
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Very interesting log.

I'm in. Rock it Sorrow

milehighguy
03-29-2013, 01:19 PM
very interested and will follow for sure

longBallLima
03-29-2013, 02:28 PM
in!

VayneZ
03-30-2013, 08:46 AM
You have my attention sir!

Sorrow
03-30-2013, 01:45 PM
Ok I promise before pictures are coming! In the mean time starting measurements:
Neck: 17.25
Chest: 47
Shoulders: 54.25
Upper Arm: 16
Lower Arm: 13.5
Waist: 39
Hips: 45.5
Thigh: 27.5
Calves: 17.5

The equipment I use is still a WiThings scale / body fat analyzer. I don't dispute that the BF% is a little on the high side, but as long as I use the same equipment from start to finish we can safely see trends as long as conditions are controlled as best as possible. IE I usually weigh in first thing in the morning bare dry feet, or at night post shower, wet feet. Whatever I record on the first day I will repeat each day so the numbers stay for the most part relevant.

Some bench mark lifts I plan to reattempt towards the end of the cycle:
Squat
raw 490 x 3, 515 x 1
equiped 680 x 1 (metal Jack suit only, no briefs)

Bench
raw 350 x 3, 375 x 1
equiped 522 x 1 (metal jack shirt

Dead lift
Raw 555 x 1
equiped 645 x 1 (metal king pro deadlifter)
I dont really have a solid 3 rep max on dead lift so I'll wind up doing a max attempt probably that last week of the cycle.

I would like to be able to report on gains under the curve such as 3 rep or 5 rep improvements, or overall max attempt gains.

Devastatingdave
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Very interested to see how this treats you. You are already a strong mofo, and its clear you know what you are doing, so I have high hopes for this log. Kill it bro!

Sorrow
03-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks everybody!

I'm thinking I'll go with 3 caps daily. That should leave a few extra on the last week to test at 4 caps. 2 in the am upon waking (approx 6-7 am), and 1 pm (4-5 pm)
Hopefully this stuff plays well with carbs as I have a carb rich diet! I'll do my best to post accurate food intake.
one more day.

BrYmAsTeR
03-30-2013, 10:04 PM
Subscribed. Congratulations on the free bottle.

Sorrow
03-31-2013, 04:34 PM
thanks!
3/31/2013
Happy Easter to all who observe it.
Had roughly 3200 cals today (sticky buns, pop, scaloped potatoes, honey baked ham, pepsi)

prepairing to enter a fast before blood work at the doc first thing in the morning.
Apparently I managed to upset my old lady so she went to her moms house so didnt have the chance to get any starting photos yesterday or today. I guess I'll just have to resort to plan B) good ol mirror pics. I'll take some starting photos tonight. PRobably chest, arms, and leg.
The fun starts tomorrow!

Halogenix
03-31-2013, 05:42 PM
In for this! Happy Easter!

Bucks
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
In for this ride !

Sorrow
04-01-2013, 08:07 AM
As of 3/31/2013

Sorrow
04-01-2013, 10:01 PM
Day 1
Body weight: 247.2
Lean mass:170.1
fat mass: 77.1

Blood pressure: 105/70
Cals: 3200 + (crap load of easter candy)
dose: 2 caps Am, 1 cap pm

Worked a night shift so I'm expecting to be lethargic tomorrow. One thing of note is there is an almost stimulant like effect about an hour after taking the Triumphalis. Kind of like a cup of coffee. Could have been rebound from the fast the night before but still all I had that first hour was gatorade. Will have to see if that was a one time deal. Should be on day shift again the rest of the week. Next training day should be benching on wednesday night, not sure if I'll feel anything being only 3 days in at that point.

Sorrow
04-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Day 2
Body weight: 248.9
Lean mass:174.1
fat mass: 74.8

Blood pressure: N/A didn't test today felt fine all day
Cals: 3400

Again only two days in, so nothing really to post. No sides whatsoever yet. Feeling a little extra hunger but that could be attributed to two long days. I may eat another meal tonight as I'm still hungry and I was expecting to be 250 at the start and hey lets test bulking right!? I'm not afraid to gain a few lbs, or eat! lol Tomorrow I get back to the weight with a bench session. Again, trying to stay real so as long as I get some nice energy I'll be happy. Going to try 1 pill in the morning and 2 about an hour before lifting. See if I can still feel a little boost in energy.

About the bodyweight, I check my weight daily just because its easy for me to do and the app on my phone helps with a nice graph. The lean mass and BF levels are a little off as I have dry feet, its a little closer when my feet are wet. And its been verified against a bod pod, dexa scan, and an ultrasonic tester at the college, all on the same day.

SoCal-Nutrition
04-02-2013, 08:41 PM
Sorry I've been away for some family stuff, I'm back and on board :D

pics look good! excited to see how things go when this kicks in:cool:

BBG
04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Can't wait for day 7+

Sorrow
04-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Day 3
Body weight: 247.4
Lean mass:168.4
fat mass: 79.0

Cals: 4200
dose: 1 cap Am, 2 caps pm (one hour prior to lifting)

Woke up feeling dry, had some cramping this morning. Not sure if thats associated or not. Just wanted to make a note of it
I did try dosing two before the workout, seemed to get more aggressive as the night went on. Worked up to my goal weight of 405 x 3 off some boards followed by band assist with 405 x 3 full range of motion. Not necessarily any extra power tonight but did have some serious pumps for some reason. Its only day three so we shall see, I'm hopeful though. No trouble whatsoever finishing the workout. I will keep the detail of the workout in my training log and just post the highlights here. Also of note is I've been hungry all day. Went ahead and dialed up some extra food early on in the day.

Aside from the cramping possibly being related no negatives sides of note. I'll increase gatorade/water just to be on the safe side.

DJM
04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
in late
good one to be logging, fkn strong

Sorrow
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Day 4
Body weight: 249.9
Lean mass:170
fat mass: 79.9

Cals: 3600
dose: 1 cap Am, 2 caps pm (1.5 hours prior to lifting)

Missed breakfast but covered ground with a big lunch and a pizza for dinner. Had a good solid training session. Seems like an hour and half before training. Had plenty to go. Worked deadlift, went up to 495 doing one and a halfs for three solid reps. Followed that up with some assorted accessory work. Had plenty of power all the way through. Didn't cramp nearly as bad today as yesterday. Of note though the muscles I worked yesterday are still kind of pumped today. So far so good. And still no sides. I'm getting the feeling this may be kind of "dry" compound. But so far I'm liking it!

SoCal-Nutrition
04-05-2013, 12:25 AM
you're a beast!

what kind of pizza? :D

Sorrow
04-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Last night was a hurry up deal so I just grabbed a digorno out of the freezer after lifting. Good ol pepperoni and cheese.

But next week there is a special at one of my favorite pizza shops here, so it will be pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and extra cheese! We call it the heart attack special! If that doesn't give me enough cals to grow nothing will.

Sorrow
04-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Day 5
Body weight: 249.5
Lean mass:172.3
fat mass: 77.2

Cals: 3800

Non training day. I think it's starting to build up in my system though. No sides to report, but I do have this warm feeling. I kinda felt it yesterday. However, today I definitely felt warmth kicking in about a half hour after taking my first dose this morning, stayed rather even all morning. Then took my pm pill and had about the same feeling. Just a good gentle warmth. I still think this is somewhat drying me out, and I think that throwing off the bodyfat measurement of the scale. Around 4000 cals a day seems to be the sweet spot for me.

Sorrow
04-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Day 6
Body weight: 251

Cals: 3400

Another non training day. Did go for an extended walk today much closer to two miles instead of my daily one mile walk with my dog. Had planned on starting the day with a lb of bacon but had some phone calls and things to do. Hence cals being on the low side. But that shouldn't truly affect anything as it was just a rest day.

Still no sides whatsoever. Should be getting close to the point where this stuff really starts showing its worth. Squats on sunday. That should be a real ball buster.

milehighguy
04-07-2013, 09:33 AM
Still no sides whatsoever. Should be getting close to the point where this stuff really starts showing its worth. Squats on Sunday. That should be a real ball buster.

I'm guessing day 8-9 you should start to feel this stuff. Just a guess but that is my experience with some of these orals. Was that your experience with UD? I think I remember you logging a UD run too.

Sorrow
04-07-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm guessing day 8-9 you should start to feel this stuff. Just a guess but that is my experience with some of these orals. Was that your experience with UD? I think I remember you logging a UD run too.

It was a combo of UD and trenazone, I think the trenazone kicked in fast then the UD came roaring to life week 2. So your probably right.

Sorrow
04-07-2013, 06:59 PM
Day 7
Body weight: 252.4

dose: 2 caps Am (prior to training) , 1 cap pm

Not really a good day for me. Was running a few minutes late which normaly I try and be early. I've noticed that I'm still having some cramps, and today my lower back was a complete knot. Didn't help that we did some unfamiliar movements today with the Safety squat bar. I should have backed off on the weight or just not done it but either my ego or just "no guts no glory" kept me from backing off.
Squat:
SSB, with green bands from the bottom, and a low box.
Worked up too 435 in real weight, the bands added approx. +70lbs at the top. Got 1 good rep, and bottomed out on the second. My hips felt loose, and there was a pop from my left hip. I stopped squatting at that point. I should be fine, ice and heat works wonders. I think it was stacking the one and halfs thursday on deadlift with the low box today just was too much low work in a few days.

I did hit the leg press with some close stance to try and keep shear force to the minimum. Everything felt good, worked up too 780 for a set of 8. Had to call it a day and go in to work.

At this point I still think this is a somewhat dry PH. I wake up feeling dry, and theres also been some cramping. Other then that nothing that I could point out. No other sides noted. And the hunger seems to have passed. No loss of general appetite but Im not starving every few hours either.

Keraed
04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Totally late but in!

SoCal-Nutrition
04-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Totally late but in!

nah buddy, you're just in time for the party to get going :cool:

welcome!

Sorrow
04-08-2013, 07:11 PM
Totally late but in!
No worries, welcome!

Day 8
Body weight: 251.9
Blood pressure: 105 / 68

Cals: 3100
dose: 2 caps Am , 1 cap pm

Added Organ shield 1 cap a day

Lower back and hips still tight today. Body temp elevated kinda hoping not getting sick or something. Added the organ shield as a precaution. Missed breakfast and had a smaller lunch then my normal tuna.

None of the normal sides, no acne whatsoever skin not oily. My arm fills my BP cuff so I think I'm actually getting a little higher reading then it is. Regardless its in the safe range. Possibly higher aggression setting in, or could have just been tired at work. We'll see how it goes in the gym wednesday!

milehighguy
04-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Added Organ shield 1 cap a day

Lower back and hips still tight today. Body temp elevated kinda hoping not getting sick or something. Added the organ shield as a precaution.

Probably a good addition to your run.

Taurine might be a good addition too if the back stays tight. I find that I can't drink enough water sometimes so I keep the Gatorade close by to help.

Sorrow
04-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Yeah I added some extra gatorade before bed and that helped with waking up overly dry/dehydrated.

Halogenix
04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Up 4lbs. That's got to be a good sign!

Sorrow
04-09-2013, 09:15 PM
Up 4lbs. That's got to be a good sign!

Yeah I'd say it is, seems as though I'm fairly dry too.

Day 9
Body weight: 250.9
Lean body mass: 179.8
Body fat: 71.1

dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4 pm, 1 cap 9:30pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day
Temp: 99.8

So long day at work, and got a call from my doc. Apparently my bad cholesterol was alarmingly high, and it is his standard practice to redo the blood work first. So monday I'll be getting blood work again, and my test shot. On the good side that means I should have starting, middle, and end bloodwork on this. Which yes I will post once I get my copies. Down side is at the moment I am running hot. That gentle heat I felt last week is close to cold sweats and constant, which could be a sign of a cold (highly possible) or just the climate change here in ohio, from 46 to 83 in a few days. Combined with an erratic sleep schedule. Just making a note. The 99.8 is an average of three thermometer readings. Had one reading 101 that I'm kinda throwing out.

Also notice I'm going with a 3 times a day routine, thinking at this point I'm a week in so it shouldn't be a bad thing, also wondering if that wont provide a more consistent level, and prevent the morning dry out. Thinking it may be levels falling off then catching back up with morning dose. Or I could just be over thinking it.

I will say that with dry feet having a reading of 179.8 on the lean mass was a pleasant surprise today! At this point I should be nearly fully recovered from last weeks work (well maybe not hips just yet) Looking forward to benching tomorrow as long as work doesn't get in the way!

aaronlove
04-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Hmmm That's good blog. I like it. Now I‘m in...

SoCal-Nutrition
04-10-2013, 02:33 AM
hope you get to feeling better, bud...getting sick while ON Sucks!

please let me know if there's anything i can do to help you out.

Sorrow
04-10-2013, 07:10 PM
hope you get to feeling better, bud...getting sick while ON Sucks!

please let me know if there's anything i can do to help you out.

Yeah so far minor symptoms, headache stuffed up head, fever. Nothing I cant drive on through.

Day 10
Body weight: 249.9
Lean body mass: 174.2
Body fat: 75.7

dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 9:00 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

Still feeling a little under the weather, basic symptoms. Suck it up and drive on.
Bench day felt real good though! Felt solid power all the way through the workout. Did 315 for 8 solid reps which is more then I've ever attempted. and really I hadn't planned on doing. Followed that up testing out a different bench shirt worked up to 455. Then on accessory work nailed 275 for 10 with a cambered bar. Good day to move some weight!

Still no sides that I can say are definitely the triumph.. Slight raise in aggression.

Also spacing out the dose to three times a day seems to have reduced the spasms and cramping. Still early but this is starting to shape up. Could also be that its had time to saturate my system.

Sorrow
04-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Day 11
Body weight: 253.1
Lean body mass: 177.6
Body fat: 75.5

Cals: 2800
dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 9:45 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

Feeling much better. Getting into a groove with this stuff. Definitely growing, but had a long day and missed a feeding. Shouldn't be to big a deal. body temp still high. Had a good dead lift session. Endurance and aggression both up. Pulled 635 solid, then made the jump towards my goal weight. Added some hanging green bands to relieve stress on the low start of the lift. Just didn't have enough to get the last inch I needed to really have it locked out. But I didn't loose my grip! So still making progress. Had lots of energy left but I tore open my callous so I decided I'd call it there. Best to let that heal up. Plus still on call for work so needed to get back to the house.

SoCal-Nutrition
04-11-2013, 08:42 PM
That's some beastly weight there...especially on a lower cal day!

Glad you're starting to feel a little better too :cool:

milehighguy
04-11-2013, 09:36 PM
That's some beastly weight there...

Yea nice pull

Sorrow
04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
I usually try and eat a little less on deadlift day, to make me have to fight through it. Because at the meet its the end of the day, your exhausted, but you NEED to finish strong! Just my way of training it!

So question to all who may see this:
Which one is the better value/ product
Aegis
or
liver lock?

I think some of the early issues were due to me not spacing out the dose to three times daily (cramps / dryness) but the feeling ill and body temp very well may have been my liver letting me know I need to take care of it. After looking at the dose I was putting more strain then normal and I do feel better after only a few days with organ shield. But I didn't have to much of that on hand. So I'm thinking one of those two products could help the rest of the way, and probably add in E-Control for PCt with my normal HRT schedule just to play it safe. I do have a higher then recommended body fat % (slightly above 20%) but don't want any issues to arise that I could avoid by checking any extra E post cycle now. (side note I do have some research materials available for emergency WTF use but those were for other test subjects. Literally)

Sorrow
04-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Day 12
Body weight: 251.2
Lean body mass: 176.5
Body fat: 74.7

Cals: 2400 (junk fast food but had to get something in)
dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 9:30 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

Kind of a recoup day. Had a morning meeting at work. Then back to the house and back to bed. Needed to catch up some sleep from the week. Just had some fast food as it was easy and available. No hunger suppression just straight up tired and lazy. Put some tape around my hand and did some simple DB work here at the house
Standing with 30#r's:
Shrugs x 20 x 3
over head press x 20 x 2
Alternating curls x 15 x 3
behind head skull crushers x 20 x 2

All back to back. Just a quick blitz to make me feel better for yesterday.

So far I'm going to say there is extra endurance, added strength, and slight increase in recovery (which says something when you push to max's)
The down sides.. well none really. A few possible nausea rumblings but thats quite possibly actually the flu or something thats been going around. Several guys at work have been ill.

Oh and aggression is up be that a pro or con Ill let you decide.

BrYmAsTeR
04-12-2013, 09:14 PM
So far I'm going to say there is extra endurance, added strength, and slight increase in recovery (which says something when you push to max's)

Good to hear.

The down sides.. well none really. A few possible nausea rumblings but thats quite possibly actually the flu or something thats been going around. Several guys at work have been ill.
Let us hope you can avoid illness.

milehighguy
04-12-2013, 10:29 PM
So question to all who may see this:
Which one is the better value/ product
Aegis
or
liver lock?

Both will run you about $40 for a one month supply. I have used Aegis twice now with good results. Ran Epi with Aegis and bloods came back in range. No experience with liver lock. Per dose it seems like it may give you a higher dose of TUDCA. Aegis also contains B6 and polyenylphosphatidylcholine.

Either way I don't think it would be a bad addition to your run....

markam
04-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Both will run you about $40 for a one month supply. I have used Aegis twice now with good results. Ran Epi with Aegis and bloods came back in range. No experience with liver lock. Per dose it seems like it may give you a higher dose of TUDCA. Aegis also contains B6 and polyenylphosphatidylcholine.

Either way I don't think it would be a bad addition to your run....

I would choose Aegis because I have had good experiences with their products. Although there are other Tudca products out there, I trust Antaeus products. I used Aegis, Talos and Achilles on my recent Mechabol/AB/AH cycle and didn't get any of the sides some people report from Mechabol.

milehighguy
04-13-2013, 07:24 AM
I would choose Aegis because I have had good experiences with their products. Although there are other Tudca products out there, I trust Antaeus products. I used Aegis, Talos and Achilles on my recent Mechabol/AB/AH cycle and didn't get any of the sides some people report from Mechabol.

Agreed

Bucks
04-13-2013, 08:15 AM

I agree with Mark. I used the same stack of Antaeus as he did with my Mech /AM/AH/Trenazone/Ment cycle and they worked great.

Halogenix
04-13-2013, 08:48 AM
Aegis, and AL supplements in general, is the gold standard for cycle support supps. You can't go wrong with it.

Sorrow
04-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Yep, I have to admit AL products have treated me great so far. I also like the idea of taking one smaller dose pill with each of the triumphalis. So I'll place that order here shortly.

All the input is appreciated!

And again this was complete oversight on my part. To anyone who's as new as me or thinking of trying a PH for the first time its better safe then sick. Get some support supps just to be safe, even if its only one compound. This was new and I should have known better. I did have some Organ shield on hand but not enough for the entire run. Each compound will effects us all just a little different based on body chemistry. And I will have the blood work done to make sure I'm not over doing it.

Off soap box, public service announcement over.

Cooking some bacon and thinking about catching the UFC fights tonight so probably some grease bar food to get those cals way up before I squat tomorrow.

Bucks
04-13-2013, 12:57 PM
What's nice is with Talos and Aegis is you don't need to preload. Talos is great for BP control in my cycles.

If I try and calorie up on bar food I get way too many liquid calories in there LOL.

Sorrow
04-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Day 13
Body weight: 249

dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 11 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

Just a rest day. Still nothing severe to note. The cramps are a minor issue at this point. Recovery does seem good. I noticed my weight dropped rather quickly after missing a meal yesterday, but the bright side is it appears to have been all fat loss... I'm getting the impression this could be perfect for someone looking for dry lean gains. Obviously I need to step my feeding up if I want to keep growing, but to be honest I'm enjoying the way this is playing out. 250lbs was my natural limit before and that was with stupid amounts of body fat present. This is a nice smooth solid growth. I don't have a way to test it but I do "feel" like there is increased muscle density.

No sides. Not even acne, and I've eaten wayyy to much sugar and greasy food. So thats good.

Sorrow
04-14-2013, 08:45 PM
Day 14
Body weight: 250.7
lean mass: 176.9
Fat mass: 73.8

Organ shield 1 cap a day

Solid day. Had a good squat day ending with 800 a little lower then the last time I worked with it. Had plenty of energy left over for accessory work. Solid week 2. Starting to show some real good promise here. So far I would say Endurance way up, strength up, recovery up. Half way through and still none of the normal sides you'd watch for.

SoCal-Nutrition
04-14-2013, 09:00 PM
solid update, glad to know this is going well for you!

also, looks like you're feeling better :)

Halogenix
04-15-2013, 08:48 AM
Day 14
lean mass: 176.9
Fat mass: 73.8

Organ shield 1 cap a day

Solid day. Had a good squat day ending with 800 a little lower then the last time I worked with it. Had plenty of energy left over for accessory work. Solid week 2. Starting to show some real good promise here. So far I would say Endurance way up, strength up, recovery up. Half way through and still none of the normal sides you'd watch for.

Holy shit. You can damn near squat a 'smart car.' Keep killing it brother. Seems that Triumph is doing what it should at this point.

Sorrow
04-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Day 15
Body weight: 249.3
lean mass: 172.2
Fat mass: 77.1

Cals: 3500
dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 9 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

So kind of a few surprises today. First and foremost went to my doctors office today for my TRT and to get the results from the starting blood work. Mind you I was under the impression everything was fine but the last set of blood work was prior to my last competition. At that point everything was fine. Well not so much now. Mind you this is all PRIOR to the Triumphalis, but my Cholesterol has done a 180 HDL went down below normal range and LDL went nearly double the high of the nominal range. Also my liver is apparently showing signs of stress. I edited my doc's name off the results below. Also the network I'm using. Also turns out my test was lower then when we started (163) which suppression is expected but its annoying that my doc didn't even want to recognize that I might be better off with weekly self injections. And he didn't test my E levels to see what may be going on with that. So I'm a bit upset at my doc at the moment. The silver lining is that I did get blood work today so there will be midpoint blood work, should know by the end of the week. Also it would explain some of the early issues. And lend credence to the idea that I may have been overloading my body. I will also say that I feel much better on the split dosage and organ shield. Also my order processed and shipped so I'll have some aegis soon to run through.

Again I was under the impression I was good just tired from work changes and possibly sick. But whenever possible get your self tested and consult before starting anything hormonal. At this point I don't see any reason to stop as I am feeling good and I'm past the half way point. No other sides to note, and recovery is great considering what I lifted yesterday.

Sorrow
04-16-2013, 08:18 PM
Day 16
Body weight: 251
lean mass: 172.7
Fat mass: 78.3

dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4 pm, 1 cap 8:30 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day

Since were past the two week mark I figured I'd remeasure, also haven't lifted since sunday so these numbers will be completely cold:
Measurements start / current
Neck: 17.25 / 17.5
Chest: 47 / 47.5
Shoulders: 54.25 / 55
Upper Arm: 16 / 16.5
Lower Arm: 13.5 / 13.5
Waist: 39 / 39
Hips: 45.5 / 46
Thigh: 27.5 / 28
Calves: 17.5 / 18

Fairly uniform growth. I have noticed good "pumps" during and after my workouts. If I had a good way to quantify it Id test muscle hardness but take my word for it I feel denser. I started ramping my cals back up a little at a time. Mostly by adding in a protein shake in the morning hardfast (universal nuitrition) and some Aminotren (promera health) either pre or post workout started that last sunday.

Pros: So far definitely feel a large increase in endurance and "pumps". Good increase in recovery, and strength.

Cons: Cramping has been an issue, (not as severe with increased water and gatorade intake). Also seems to have been some extra hair growth on the clavical area.

VayneZ
04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
Dude, sucks to hear the limited results from your bloodwork, and how complex things are. Let us know by the end of the week how things look. You believe the Triumphalis would aid in balancing things to a certain degree? Does your doc know you're on it?

Halogenix
04-17-2013, 10:49 AM
Damn bro, those cholesterol numbers are not good and frankly when coupled with a powerful methylated steroid which was accounted for In your blood work then it can be outright dangerous.

I also wonder if the high caloric intake is stressing your body to some extent too.

I would seriously consider jumping to pct. Either way ill keep supporting you o your log. Take care buddy.

Sorrow
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Dude, sucks to hear the limited results from your bloodwork, and how complex things are. Let us know by the end of the week how things look. You believe the Triumphalis would aid in balancing things to a certain degree? Does your doc know you're on it?

I think the added androgens floating around may offset the low test at this point giving me some added endurance and strength. Doc knows I use supplements but tends to leave it at that. I am required to inform him of what I take when we discuss adjustments but since this was mostly at my request prior to starting a cycle he didn't really ask what I planned on taking. Again these numbers are all pre-cycle. I informed him I started a 1 month run of a methyl but he's not really up to speed on what that is. Did reorder the liver panel though.

Damn bro, those cholesterol numbers are not good and frankly when coupled with a powerful methylated steroid which was accounted for In your blood work then it can be outright dangerous.

I also wonder if the high caloric intake is stressing your body to some extent too.

I would seriously consider jumping to pct. Either way ill keep supporting you o your log. Take care buddy.

I'm thinking pushing myself to my limits at the meet, followed by a rapid 10 lbs of weight gain that wasn't necessarily good weight was the culprit. I do agree the added food intake is probably not helping, I plan to start easing back a little starting friday. At this point I think I'm about a week away from finishing anyways, so may as well finish it up. I do feel much better right now. Of course if the midpoint bloods come back really bad this weekend I will stop.

On a bright note got my Aegis today and started dosing with that, will continue till the bottle runs out. That should help. And its bench day! So time to go throw some weight around.

Sorrow
04-17-2013, 08:55 PM
Day 17
Body weight: 248.9
lean mass: 172.0
Fat mass: 76.9

Cals: 3900
dose: 1 cap 11 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 10 pm
Organ shield 1 cap a day
Aegis: with 4:50 and 10 pm dose

Continuing to push forward here. Had a great bench night tonight. Hit 375 clean followed by my goal of 405 for a nice raw PR. This is a week ahead of schedule actualy. I hadnt planned on attempting this till next week. But just felt aggressive and ready to go tonight.

I have a trip for work tomorrow so no deadlifting. I'll have to make up the day friday night or saturday.

Think it's safe to say that strength is up!

milehighguy
04-17-2013, 09:10 PM
I think that Aegis will help those liver values...

Nice push at 405! That is a nice raw PR

burlyman30
04-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I think that Aegis will help those liver values...

Nice push at 405! That is a nice raw PR

Nice indeed. Good going, Sorrow. Sounds like the Triumphalis is doing it's job. I think the best I pushed was 315 or 325 at a weight of about 180.... but I was the little guy of the gym, surrounded by monsters who were doing 500+, so I never thought much of it and I certainly didn't catch anyone's interest or attention with that. Lol.

Sorrow
04-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Day 18 - 19
Body weight: 249.8 - 252.3
lean mass: 172.6
Fat mass: 77.2

Cals: 4200 - 4300
dose: 1 cap Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 11 pm both bays
Aegis: with each dose of Triumph

Had a business trip but still got the doses in. Also 3 large meals each day.

Recovery seems good. I know I benched wed night but everything except for the real deep tissue in the triceps has recovered.

Also got a call from the doc today. My liver enzymes have improved but are still elevated. But its a good sign. Will retest cholesterol next week. Think Ill wait till PCT to get full blood-work done for final results. GEtting ready to close out week 3 and everything still great!

Grape Ape
04-19-2013, 10:15 PM
Start taking some ubiqinol or COQ10 if you don't already. Phenomenal on and off support.

Sorrow
04-20-2013, 10:11 AM
I'll look that up right now. Thanks for the suggestion.

Grape Ape
04-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Yeah, It's my first stop for cycle support after something for the liver. Great blood pressure, cholesterol and heart health.

Sorrow
04-21-2013, 07:32 PM
Day 20
lean mass: 167.1
Fat mass: 83.6

Cals: 3000
dose: 1 cap Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 9 pm

Nothing special. Used as a recovery day.
No sides of note.

Day 21
Body weight: 251.3
lean mass: 172.3
Fat mass: 79

Cals: 3500

This is normally my squat day, but my hip was kind of bothering me. So decided to make up my deadlift that I didn't do thursday. This turned into a really good day! We were using black minis doubled over the bar. This was intended to work the lockout portion of the deadlift. Worked up to what was probably close to 620 lbs at the top. This is when I went into overdrive. I decided to go after my raw deadlift PR's today as well. So I called for 575, got it. Then decided I'd go after 605, got that too! At this point my lower back was getting tight and we had some accessory work to do. So I let that be it for the full deadlifts. Followed up with rack pulls, weighted situps, and single arm rows.

At this point I'm kinda surprised. Coming into the final week of this run. Had a bit of a rough start but its been smooth continuos starting at week two.

Pro's: Endurance, strength, and improved recovery. Some added aggression as well.

Con's: cramps, some discomfort when taken too long before a meal. (that could just be me though)

Sorrow
04-23-2013, 05:51 AM
Day 22
Body weight: 250.6
lean mass: 171.8
Fat mass: 78.8

Cals: 4200

Non lifting day. Lower back extremely tight from all the work yesterday but thats to be expected. Felt tired most of the day. Not sure if thats lethargy or Monday back to work blues.

markam
04-23-2013, 06:41 AM
Just wanted to mention that a while ago I asked Jake (Antaeus labs) about Aegis, and he advised not to continue using Aegis after the methyl prohormone cycle finished. I had previously thought it would be helpful to continue running Aegis for a few weeks but Jake said that it wasn't necessary or even desirable to do that. But as you've started Aegis later in your cycle after experiencing sides, I would suggest you email Jake and ask his advice. He's always been very helpful when I've had questions. The email address will be on the Antaeus website.

milehighguy
04-23-2013, 02:08 PM
This is good to know. I usually would try to continue to run liver support a few days past my last PH dose as I assumed the active ingredients would still be floating around for a few days after you stop.

markam
04-23-2013, 04:26 PM
This is good to know. I usually would try to continue to run liver support a few days past my last PH dose as I assumed the active ingredients would still be floating around for a few days after you stop.

I should say that I was specifically referring to Aegis. I also use milk thistle and NAC, and will continue them for a few weeks after the last PH dose.

Sorrow
04-23-2013, 08:54 PM
Day 23
Body weight: 252.5
lean mass: 173.6
Fat mass: 78.9

Still tight in the lower back but its not nearly as bad as yesterday. Some tightness in the hips as well, but that could be over compensating from the lower back. Tomorrow is bench day. Besides the lower back I feel completely healed up which is somewhat surprising considering I hit more then one raw PR over the last 7 days. Time to finish this trial out strong!

Sorrow
04-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Day 24
Body weight: 251.5
lean mass: 173.9
Fat mass: 77.6

Cals: 2200
dose: 1 cap 8 Am , 1 cap 4:30 pm, 1 cap 10 pm

So first off cals were on the low side today, but didn't hinder strength in the gym at all. Also lower back was much better today.

Workout raw bench. So the two highlights from tonight were hitting 315 x 10, and then going heavy. To protect my shoulders a little after maxing out last week went with some hanging green bands. Worked all the way up to 425 for a double. To do 4 working sets following 10 reps with what used to be "heavy" was a great feeling!

At this point I'm more then willing to say there is some serious Strength and Endurance gains on this. Both with max singles and rep work. Its been a progressive gain. Also recovery has probably been halved. The ability to come back week after week has been like clockwork. The only exception being the increased back tightness.

Coolazice
04-24-2013, 09:51 PM
Nothing is more rewarding in the gym than progress and accomplishment!!!

Sorrow
04-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Just wanted to mention that a while ago I asked Jake (Antaeus labs) about Aegis, and he advised not to continue using Aegis after the methyl prohormone cycle finished. I had previously thought it would be helpful to continue running Aegis for a few weeks but Jake said that it wasn't necessary or even desirable to do that. But as you've started Aegis later in your cycle after experiencing sides, I would suggest you email Jake and ask his advice. He's always been very helpful when I've had questions. The email address will be on the Antaeus website.

You sir, are spot on! Here is the reply I got today:
"Hi Tim,

Yeah, that's right. Please don't stay on Aegis for too long; use it only during your cycle, and stop taking Aegis as soon as your cycle is complete.

TUDCA/UDCA protect the liver very well from oral-anabolic-mediated cholestatic damage, but they're not entirely safe to take for extended periods of time. They modulate/suppress immune system function, they may slow down the body's metabolism, they may inhibit Coenzyme-A expression and function, and UDCA has been shown in clinical trials to be clearly toxic at high doses.

500mg/day is a fine dose, and it's healthy and beneficial to run that much TUDCA with your cycle for 4-6 weeks... But I couldn't recommend staying on the the stuff for much longer than that, nor would I ever recommend a dose larger than 750mg/day for 'preventative' purposes.

Thanks very much for the support! I'm happy to see that the product is working well for you! Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more questions, or if there's anything else I might be able to help with.

Best Regards,
Jake"

Its allways a good reflection on a product and a company when they are willing to respond to questions. And rather then try and get you to use up the product they tell you straight up and clearly of risks.

Thanks for pointing this out to me Markam!

Sorrow
04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Day 25
lean mass: 174.1
Fat mass: 76.6

Cals: 2400

Still going good. Didnt sleep real well last night so was kind of dragging today. Wanted to get back in my normal rotation so I deadlifted today. But I used a sumo stance which I very rarely do. Wanted to keep the weight manageable tonight and get some good accessory work in. I wound up pulling 455 with 60lbs of chains added. Followed that up with some good pull throughs and weighted situps. Now to rest up and get ready for what will hopefully be a solid squat day sunday!

Still nothing in the way of major sides, there is cramping. But the trade of is feeling dense. And serious strength gains. At least for me.

milehighguy
04-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Jake seems to be responsive. Good info on aegis.
Thx for sharing

Lifts still look solid

markam
04-26-2013, 07:04 AM
You sir, are spot on! Here is the reply I got today:
"Hi Tim,

Yeah, that's right. Please don't stay on Aegis for too long; use it only during your cycle, and stop taking Aegis as soon as your cycle is complete.

TUDCA/UDCA protect the liver very well from oral-anabolic-mediated cholestatic damage, but they're not entirely safe to take for extended periods of time. They modulate/suppress immune system function, they may slow down the body's metabolism, they may inhibit Coenzyme-A expression and function, and UDCA has been shown in clinical trials to be clearly toxic at high doses.

500mg/day is a fine dose, and it's healthy and beneficial to run that much TUDCA with your cycle for 4-6 weeks... But I couldn't recommend staying on the the stuff for much longer than that, nor would I ever recommend a dose larger than 750mg/day for 'preventative' purposes.

Thanks very much for the support! I'm happy to see that the product is working well for you! Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any more questions, or if there's anything else I might be able to help with.

Best Regards,
Jake"

Its allways a good reflection on a product and a company when they are willing to respond to questions. And rather then try and get you to use up the product they tell you straight up and clearly of risks.

Thanks for pointing this out to me Markam!

Glad to have helped. I have great faith in Antaeus products and Jake is very helpful.

Sorrow
04-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Day 26
Body weight: 250
lean mass: 173
Fat mass: 77

Cals: 2600

Coming to the end of this cycle this weekend. Started looking over everything from the last month, in preparation for my final recommendations and summing everything up. Obviously I'll update post cycle say 1 week out then a final 2 weeks after the fact. To be honest this has been a great run strength wise, but with two days left I don't see myself as being able to say this is a good "bulker" when compared to the likes of ultradrol. But this is much more clean. No bloating at all.

I also think it's throwing off my scale. I honestly think I'm alot leaner then the numbers make it look. In the future I may invest in something a little more accurate for tracking body composition. I've seen some good data on a personal ultrasound device that can truly measure fat/muscle and several key areas. But for now I think when I do final measurements its really going to be a tale of the tape.

Well... that and the several pr's all set over the last few weeks..

No sides to report.

Sorrow
04-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Day 27
Body weight: 249
lean mass: 170
Fat mass: 79

Cals: 3200

No training, although it was an amazing day out do more cardio then normal (walking running with the dog) and lawn mowing etc. Back finally loosened back up. Feeling really good at this point. Took a count have exactly 3 more days left of tri. So as it turns out I'll get one more bench session in. Ordered the UFC fights kicked back with some friends and had a nice 1/2lb burger with colby jack cheese and some baked beans! Also marinated some steaks to get them ready for following my doctor visit monday... and cause they were on sale and were begging me to eat them!

Day 28 (sun 4/28/2013)
Body weight: 250.3
lean mass: 176.3
Fat mass: 74

Cals: 3100

(I can report the cals now as I will be fasting all night prior to a blood draw first thing in the morning.)

Felt recovered and ready to go. Slight head congestion from the season change etc. 176 on the lean mass with dry feet to start the day is a strong indicator that my muscles were hydrated and ready! And I overshot my PR expectations again today. Raw squat is one of those things I'm careful with due to hip tightness and knee pain (long story but my knee is rather torn up so I baby it) My old PR was 515 in competition, I know I can do 525 I did about that prior to starting this cycle. Hitting 530 REALLY easy, followed by jumping to 580 and getting that was an amazing feeling. Again I didn't want to push it so I stopped there but my training partners were calling for at least 600.

So with two days left, I've now basically set 2 new PR's in each of the big 3. Over about a week and half time span with a little left in the tank each time.

So I will solidly say there has been a dramatic increase in strength. I train for max strength, but there's also been several rep records that were all new. I'll remeasure and take final pics, probably tomorrow when I am cold with zero pump. Then I'll do a final review.

Freepressright
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
Libido??

Sorrow
04-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Libido??

at this point no effect at all, neither good or bad. This hasn't really had any kind of a preworkout boost either. At least not in my case. would be interesting to see some other peoples feedback.

Sorrow
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Again this was drawn 2 weeks ago. Improving but was before the Aegis. I'll be paying for a separate independent test in another week or so.

Sorrow
04-30-2013, 10:22 PM
Measurements Start / final
Neck: 17.25 / 18
Chest: 47 / 47.25
Shoulders: 54.25 / 54.75
Lower Arm: 13.5 / 13.75
Calves: 17.5 / 17.5

lifts:
Squat
Before 515 x 1
After 580 x 1 (+65 lbs)

Bench
Before: raw 350 x 3, 375 x 1
After: 315 x 10 , 405 x 1 (+30 lbs)

Dead lift
Raw 555 x 1
Raw 605 x 1 (+50)

Day 1

Day 30
Body weight: 249.0 (+1.8 lbs)
Lean mass:174.5 (+4.4 lbs)
fat mass: 74.5 (-2.6 lbs)

Blood pressure: 105/70 no real change. Measured once a week.
Cals: weekly average of 3400.
dose: Spread out 1 cap 3 times a day.

Sorrow
04-30-2013, 10:37 PM
Support
Animal Pak : 1 pak a day at lunch with food
Organ shield : 1 pill twice a day second week
Aegis: 1 pill with each dose of Triumphalis weeks 3 and 4
Con-crete : 2 scoops a day

(Borrowed the bellow rating scheme from JackO'neil thread)
Notation below is 0 if there's no effect (like I'm not in cycle), 10 if there's a max of effect

Negative Side effects :
Acne : 1/10 (slight blotches but nothing like ultradrol)
Headaches : 0/10
Leathargy : 5/10 (last week only)
Prostate swelling : 0/10
Irritability : 3/10 (slight aggression increase)
Hair loss : 0/10
Cramps : 7/10 (lower back was almost constantly tight weeks 2 and 3, had to increase hydration and drink gatorade before bed to offset waking up and cramping)
Blood pressure: 0/10
Hunger : 2/10 (did not increase appetite however I am not that lean, and also ate heavier then normal sometimes getting to 4000+ cals a day several days in a row)

Positive Side effects :
Strength : 9/10 (PR in every lift weeks 3 and 4)
Fat loss : 3/10 (did seem to provide a gentle warmth starting a few days in and while I didn't gain much weight what I did appears to be lean.)
Muscle mass : 4/10 (gained muscle. NOT overall size like ultradrol)
Recup : 5/10 (ready to go, needed to work through back cramps a few times though.)
Labido : 0/10

Overall GREAT feeling cycle! I did start to get a little sick the first week but I believe that was an actual illness getting passed around where I work. Also my liver enzymes were out of tolerance from the start so its hard for me to comment on toxicity. They did improve however with additional liver support while on cycle. The highlight of this for me was the strength! All kinds of comments about that.

Can not recommend this as a great "bulker" however I can say that it did not suppress my appetite. I never didn't want to eat. Also there was a nice recomp effect even though I was eating well in excess of my maintenance range. I dont feel that this is like ultradrol with regards to glycogen (seemed like no matter what I ate on Ultradrol it was all getting forced into the muscle) not an inflated feeling. But I did feel more muscle firmness. I do believe someone with a higher protein intake then me would have better results more muscle gain.

SoCal-Nutrition
05-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Sorrow, thank you for such a great log...appreciate your feedback on this!

milehighguy
05-01-2013, 07:19 PM

x2

Sorrow
05-01-2013, 07:55 PM

Thank you for this opportunity!

I'll get the rest of the pics up soon. I'll do a final update around 2-3 weeks from now. Also I'll work on getting independent blood work scheduled.

Halogenix
05-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Amazing log brother, it has been an exciting ride watching you progress on here!

BrYmAsTeR
05-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Measurements Start / final
Neck: 17.25 / 18
Chest: 47 / 47.25
Shoulders: 54.25 / 54.75
Lower Arm: 13.5 / 13.75
Calves: 17.5 / 17.5

lifts:
Squat
Before 515 x 1
After 580 x 1 (+65 lbs)

Bench
Before: raw 350 x 3, 375 x 1
After: 315 x 10 , 405 x 1 (+30 lbs)

Dead lift
Raw 555 x 1
Raw 605 x 1 (+50)

Day 1

Day 30

Blood pressure: 105/70 no real change. Measured once a week.
Cals: weekly average of 3400.
dose: Spread out 1 cap 3 times a day.

Insane numbers. Great log.

Sorrow
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Measurements Start / final / 2 weeks post cycle
Neck: 17.25 / 18 / 17.5
Chest: 47 / 47.25 / 47.75
Shoulders: 54.25 / 54.75 / 54.75
Upper Arm: 16 / 16.5 / 16.5
Lower Arm: 13.5 / 13.75 / 13.5
Waist: 39 / 39 / 38.75
Hips: 45.5 / 46 / 45.75
Thigh: 27.5 / 28 / 27.75
Calves: 17.5 / 17.5 / 17.5

Day 1

Day 30

2 weeks post cycle
Body weight: 247.7
Lean Mass: 176.8
Fat Mass: 70.9

I've been stepping my diet towards a leaning out phase. Wouldn't call it a full on cut just yet but trying to keep things more in check. Again the numbers speak for themselves. I really feel like what I gained on cycle was actual solid muscle. I think the lean body mass numbers are on the low side, but based strictly as a trend this is a good sign.

Endurance: first to go unfortunately. Seems as though I just don't have it in me to do all the extra after a workout and I find myself a little more winded during lifting, not any less then I was before mind you. Just normal.

Recovery: Also back to my normal. I feel squat days for 2 or three days after the fact. But thats not new. Again back to normal.

Strength: hard to gauge as I started using my powerlifting equipment again so I've been handling weights well in excess of my raw max. However the warm up sets have been solid, and I'm still able to handle more then I did before. So I'd say this is also another good sign of muscle growth.

Muscle cramps / pumps have subsided.

All around I'd say this was a solid cycle. And realistically this is very promising in that I "only" used the recommended dosage nothing exotic. And there wasn't a ton of extra's thrown in. Currently I'm just using an OTC estrogen blocker, and my normal perscribed TRT dose (150 test cyp EOW)

Sorrow
05-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Oh and due to refinancing my mortgage ordering an outside blood test has to wait for my next payday, and I'd like to do it right before a doc visit so I can get accurate test, and E numbers from an outside source before I talk to him again.

Sorrow
05-15-2013, 08:22 PM
About that whole strength loss.. thing.. rep pr for me.
From 5/14/2013
Bench 365 x 5 raw

Tim B 365 x 5 bench, Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/2VXN4J0durA)

Coolazice
05-15-2013, 08:53 PM
About that whole strength loss.. thing.. rep pr for me.
From 5/14/2013
Bench 365 x 5 raw

Tim B 365 x 5 bench, Dukes Iron Zoo - YouTube (http://youtu.be/2VXN4J0durA)

Nice! Looks like you may have been good for 1 more if you rested for a couple breaths.

burlyman30
05-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Stud. Didn't you just do 405 for a single raw? 365 x 5 seems more like a single at 425.