PDA

View Full Version : Heavy Cream?

rockstarjacked
03-31-2013, 04:10 PM
How do you guys feel about consuming "heavy whipping cream" for bulking up? A 16-ounce container costs $4.00 and contains roughly 1600 calories (mostly from saturated fat). Here is a link to a more precise nutritional facts breakdown for heavy cream... <http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/generic/cream-heavy-fluid>... I would not consider this for a "clean" bulk, but in terms of putting on as much weight as possible as quick as possible, do you feel this would be a viable method?

h2s
03-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Most weight possible - it will work.

But I have no idea why someone would want to bulk up primarily on fats.

USN HM 350Z
03-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Better off just drinking a glass of whole milk at each meal. Plus milk costs less per gallon than 16oz of Heavy cream

olddawg
03-31-2013, 05:59 PM
I could see if you are burning a ton of cals in your daily job and your maint cals were really high, fats would boost your cals the quickest, liquid all that much better.

pman42
03-31-2013, 08:22 PM
it would be "clean" if you were doing something like the Anabolic Diet. I tried that and it just made me nauseous. But if it's good quality dairy it would be some decent food.

Scope75
03-31-2013, 08:29 PM
HWC is great is coffee and scrambled eggs.

rockstarjacked
03-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Thanks for replies guys. Much appreciated as always.

burlyman30
03-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Better off just drinking a glass of whole milk at each meal. Plus milk costs less per gallon than 16oz of Heavy cream

Agree with this. Unless there is a reason you need to add in 1600 cals of fat, get some protein with each sip. A gallon of whole milk is 2500 calories and has a lot of protein in it. There is a reason that the GOMAD ("gallon of milk a day" for those unfamiliar) has such a following for bulking up. I did it in my teens when there seemed not enough calories in the world for me to gain weight and it definitely worked. I can probably credit 20 lbs of muscle growth in my teens to that dietary strategy alone.

You may not need a whole gallon a day, but start with 16 ounces at 4 meals a day... that's a half gallon. It's also an additional 64 grams of protein along with the 1250 calories (whole milk).

markam
04-01-2013, 04:45 AM
When I've been on a strict Keto diet, I treat myself to the occasional tub of clotted cream. Milk does not agree with me but I'm fine with yogurt, cheese and cream. Trouble is that I have a tendency to eat the whole tub in one go. Lol.

I should add that I wouldn't do this if I was having any sugar or carbs in my diet.

Fat Bill Dwyer
04-01-2013, 04:54 AM
Heavy cream is a godsend for keto because of the fats, but otherwise whole milk is a better option.

On a keto diet heavy cream + unflavored almond milk + whey isolate + stevia = Keto delight icecream.

rockstarjacked
04-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Well there really isn't a reason in particular. I just have a tendency to use myself as a sort of guinea pig / lab rat for different things to see the response elicited in the body. This heavy cream topic is of interest to me at the moment because i'm going to throw myself into a (imo) ridiculously strenuous workout routine for the next few weeks. I am not assisted in any hormonal way. Though i do use a decent amount of supplements: whey protein, creatine, beta alanine, glutamine, taurine, multi, vitamin c/b's/e/d3/k2, dmg, cla, greens powder, inulin fiber, cal/mag, and digestive enzymes. I've always followed a very clean, very "normal" nutritional approach with a roughly 40/40/20 split of carbs, protein, fats. With this routine i am going to cut all carbs from my diet except for the sugar in ice cream which i will only be eating immediately post workout. I'm sure something like this has been done before, like a balls to the walls month of working out combined with high fat, high protein diet. Though i'd like to experiment this myself since i created a routine specifically for the purpose of needing an insane amount of calories to fuel the strength, muscle, and cardiovascular gains. I can see why the hwc topic may have seemed silly without some sort of explanation.