PDA

View Full Version : Have To Take Allergen Immunotherapy

machdaddy
04-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know if any of the PH(s) or natty products are MAOI or Beta-Blocker? I'm not on cycle right now this is for future reference. I will be taking the allergy shots for 6-12 months every week. Thanks for any input.

pman42
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
what are the shots for? there are many effective natural therapies, such as rosmarinic acid and quercetin. high-dose niacin will eventually deplete the mast cells of histamine and make you less reactive allergically

weekend
04-02-2013, 02:02 PM
pman, I have considered allergen immunotherapy as well. Do you have experience using these things? Does niacin make the immune system less reactive permanently? Is there a rebound?

machdaddy
04-02-2013, 02:44 PM
what are the shots for? there are many effective natural therapies, such as rosmarinic acid and quercetin. high-dose niacin will eventually deplete the mast cells of histamine and make you less reactive allergically

Cedar, Oak, grasses, cats, cockroach, ragweed, and russian thistle. I've been suffering with this since December and nothing OTC works. I've lived in Texas since 2005 and this year all the allergens caught up with me. I couldn't even run my winter cycle.

O_RYAN_007
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
I've lived in tx all my life, but I've never been hit so hard with my allergies these past 2 years.

machdaddy
04-02-2013, 06:47 PM
I've lived in tx all my life, but I've never been hit so hard with my allergies these past 2 years.

It must be this awful drought.

O_RYAN_007
04-02-2013, 07:19 PM
It must be this awful drought.

I would think since its been so dry that it would burn everything up. I live in around houston, so it rains much more over here than deep down south tx.

pman42
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
pman, I have considered allergen immunotherapy as well. Do you have experience using these things? Does niacin make the immune system less reactive permanently? Is there a rebound?
I have never personally used niacin for allergies, but some combination of rosmarinic acid, quercetin, grape seed extract, and vitamin C is virtually guaranteed to at least reduce your allergies.

the niacin info comes from the work of Abram Hoffer. He reported he had a patient who was so allergic to peanuts she was unable to even board an airplane. after high-dose niacin therapy she could fly again, although obviously she could not eat peanuts. it definitely will deplete histamine-- try 1000mg for 7 days in a row and you'll flush less and less each time. of course there's more to allergies than histamine, this is where the leukotriene modulators could come in (pharmaceutical). i've seen protocols combining these with rosmarinic acid.

just a little tidbit for you to consider since i'd imagine all these things i mentioned cost far less $$$ than shots