PDA

View Full Version : Couple questions 'bout All In and PeptoPro

pman42
04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Really enjoying these 2. the questions:
a) I got the unflavored All In, and the label lists "natural and artificial flavoring" and sucralose. I'm assuming that the first 2 are not in there, but is there sucralose in All In? Would it ever be possible to get a totally unflavored one?
b) With PeptoPro, would it ever be possible to get an unflavored one or one that is sweetened with stevia?

also, my creatine HCl seems to be hygroscopic and is developing big clumps. will this affect product quality? I am using a dry measuring scoop and storing it away from moisture.

thanks for the great products. RXWHey customer for life here

h2s
04-08-2013, 10:41 AM
The clumping of the HCL has never caused me any noticeable difference, I just bust it up.

PNMike
04-20-2013, 03:36 AM
Really enjoying these 2. the questions:
a) I got the unflavored All In, and the label lists "natural and artificial flavoring" and sucralose. I'm assuming that the first 2 are not in there, but is there sucralose in All In? Would it ever be possible to get a totally unflavored one?
b) With PeptoPro, would it ever be possible to get an unflavored one or one that is sweetened with stevia?

also, my creatine HCl seems to be hygroscopic and is developing big clumps. will this affect product quality? I am using a dry measuring scoop and storing it away from moisture.

thanks for the great products. RXWHey customer for life here

A) We use sucralose to mask the bitterness. If you really want one sucralose free, pm me or email me at Mike@rxwhey.com. We can do a one-off but we will not change the labeling etc for a one off. You'll taste the difference immediately.

B) Peptopro is going to be available unflavored within the next month. We are also adding another flavor to the mix as well. We will not use stevia for sweetener purposes for peptopro. The unflavored will be free of any flavorings AND sweeteners though, so that may be the option you are looking for.

C) No issues with this what-so-ever. Citrulline will do the same

3clipsegt
04-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I really really really miss the mango flavored CFM whey.

pman42
05-27-2013, 08:23 PM
okay so now I see an unflavored PeptoPro, which is awesome. there is one flavor of All In that is labelled "natural". Does this mean it has NO artificial colors, flavors, or sucralose? thank you very much

WesleyInman
05-29-2013, 05:02 PM
okay so now I see an unflavored PeptoPro, which is awesome. there is one flavor of All In that is labelled "natural". Does this mean it has NO artificial colors, flavors, or sucralose? thank you very much

It contains SUCRALOSE ONLY :)

Thank you!!

Cdsnuts
06-01-2013, 12:59 PM
It contains SUCRALOSE ONLY :)

Thank you!!

I purchased the All-IN "natural" one thinking it was going to be....natural. Sucralose is NOT natural, and shouldn't be listed as such. I love the products, but this is a little deceiving.

burlyman30
06-01-2013, 01:11 PM
I purchased the All-IN "natural" one thinking it was going to be....natural. Sucralose is NOT natural, and shouldn't be listed as such. I love the products, but this is a little deceiving.

True. That being said, I bought the same thing recently and it wasn't too bad tasting. I think the sweetness of the sucralose masked the "natural" flavor. Would be nice to have an unsweetened version, though.

markam
06-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Sucralose that bad for you? Would sugar be better?

D-Ribose is pretty cool, as sugars go.

Cdsnuts
06-01-2013, 03:14 PM
Sucralose that bad for you? Would sugar be better?

D-Ribose is pretty cool, as sugars go.

Apparently too much of it gives me pounding headaches. Too much being a relative term. I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with me the past couple days. I've been off in my head, and then the headaches started a few days back. I never get headaches. I've been using pepto pro 3-4 times a day and All-in every day. All of them have sucralose in them. More then I've ever consumed before. Did some research, and sure enough, alot of people are sensitive to that artificial sweetener and alot of people get splitting headaches from it, me being one of them. Who knew.

I'm just hoping I can take the unsweetened version......there is an unsweetened version, right?

Better question is what the hell am I gonna do with the pepto pro and brand new bags of All in I have sitting around here?

markam
06-01-2013, 03:59 PM
Apparently too much of it gives me pounding headaches. Too much being a relative term. I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong with me the past couple days. I've been off in my head, and then the headaches started a few days back. I never get headaches. I've been using pepto pro 3-4 times a day and All-in every day. All of them have sucralose in them. More then I've ever consumed before. Did some research, and sure enough, alot of people are sensitive to that artificial sweetener and alot of people get splitting headaches from it, me being one of them. Who knew.

I'm just hoping I can take the unsweetened version......there is an unsweetened version, right?

Better question is what the hell am I gonna do with the pepto pro and brand new bags of All in I have sitting around here?

There's so much bad stuff written about 'maybe' bad stuff that you're gonna
get a headache anyway.

I have bulk peptopro and it's unflavoured (and vile). I bought some berry flavouring (with sucralose) and
it worked pretty good. Try Lime or lemon juice. I found lime juice worked best.

markam
06-01-2013, 04:02 PM

As long as you cover shipping, they should take them back, or suffer the full wrath of SwoleSauce, Bhahaha...........

Grape Ape
06-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Send em to me.

Cdsnuts
06-01-2013, 06:45 PM
There's so much bad stuff written about 'maybe' bad stuff that you're gonna
get a headache anyway.

True...but I definitely noticed a difference soon after taking in more then I ever did. You can't ignore an annoying behind the eye headache.

Migraine triggered by sucralose--a case report. [Headache. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16618274)

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/545187_4

weekend
06-01-2013, 07:07 PM
I've honestly been getting a shitty feeling any time I take a PN product that isn't labelled
Natural. Wouldn't call it a migraine but I'm not buying anything with sucralose anymkre

Cdsnuts
06-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I've honestly been getting a shitty feeling any time I take a PN product that isn't labelled
Natural. Wouldn't call it a migraine but I'm not buying anything with sucralose anymkre

I think I'm just gonna stick to the Hydrowhey Natural for awhile and see how I feel.

USN HM 350Z
06-01-2013, 09:05 PM
just put your peptopro for sale in the classifieds. I am sure it would sell quickly if you put a good price.

pman42
06-01-2013, 09:31 PM
I agree that calling it "natural" is misleading. PM Mike, he is really good and will take care of you I'm sure. to me the risk of sucralose seems minimal (there are studies suggesting reproductive toxicity of stevia even) but i just think, why take a chance? much better to ingest tons of exogenous testosterone many times the natural limit, liver-toxic methylated prohormones and prosteroids, harsh research-grade chemicals synthesized in china with a 50% (liberal estimate) quality control rate with god knows what else in them, and pills from underground labs made with indian or backyard chemist raws.

If you look toward the beginning of this thread mike also said he can do a one-off of totally unsweetened/unflavored All In, so that is an option for those of us who want to avoid sucralose

Cdsnuts
06-02-2013, 07:27 AM
I agree that calling it "natural" is misleading. PM Mike, he is really good and will take care of you I'm sure. to me the risk of sucralose seems minimal (there are studies suggesting reproductive toxicity of stevia even) but i just think, why take a chance? much better to ingest tons of exogenous testosterone many times the natural limit, liver-toxic methylated prohormones and prosteroids, harsh research-grade chemicals synthesized in china with a 50% (liberal estimate) quality control rate with god knows what else in them, and pills from underground labs made with indian or backyard chemist raws.

If you look toward the beginning of this thread mike also said he can do a one-off of totally unsweetened/unflavored All In, so that is an option for those of us who want to avoid sucralose

It seemed minimal to me too, until my head started pounding. That was enough for me. To each their own.

WesleyInman
06-02-2013, 10:08 AM
It seemed minimal to me too, until my head started pounding. That was enough for me. To each their own.

What other products are you using in conjunction with Pepto Pro and All In?? And have you used other PN products in the past??
If so did you have a similar experience to this??

Cdsnuts
06-02-2013, 01:10 PM
What other products are you using in conjunction with Pepto Pro and All In?? And have you used other PN products in the past??
If so did you have a similar experience to this??

Brand new to PN. I did use pepto pro back when PP had it, but they used a different sweetener. I had no issues there.

I'm running AH V3 with Dermacrine right now, about a week in. Both products I'm very familiar with. I'm also using GLPC....again, I've used that before as well. Aside from that, nothing else to mention.

I should say that I've just used the Hydrowhey Natural today and I have no headaches and am starting to feel like I should.

How bad would the All IN taste without sweetener, in your opinion?

WesleyInman
06-02-2013, 03:35 PM
It's a very odd reaction...can't say I have ever heard of it before...but I'm not saying that anything is not possible.

The ALL IN unflavored I use all the time. I actually beta tested it before it came out..and gave it a thumbs up. It's very bitter but sour at the same time...but that's the ingredients...stuff works so well for me, I personally don't care..but of course alot of people want it to be within reason :)

Let me look into this and get back to you.

Sperwer
06-03-2013, 05:45 AM
I'm probably just not seeing this - my need for LARGE TYPE problem :p - but how many servings are in each bag of All-In?

Cdsnuts
06-03-2013, 05:47 AM
It's a very odd reaction...can't say I have ever heard of it before...but I'm not saying that anything is not possible.

The ALL IN unflavored I use all the time. I actually beta tested it before it came out..and gave it a thumbs up. It's very bitter but sour at the same time...but that's the ingredients...stuff works so well for me, I personally don't care..but of course alot of people want it to be within reason :)

Let me look into this and get back to you.

I appreciated it Wesely. But unless others report the same thing, it's probably just too much sucralose for MY system. Until last week, the only sucralose I would get would be in the odd five hour energy here or there. I went from that, to having it 5 times a day for a week. I'm still gonna buy PN products....just not ones that are artificially flavored.

Cdsnuts
06-03-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm probably just not seeing this - my need for LARGE TYPE problem :p - but how many servings are in each bag of All-In?

Off hand, I believe it's 20-22 servings per 1lb bag.

Sperwer
06-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Thanks.

Cdsnuts
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
Just wanted to say that Mike and Wes have been going back and forth with me on this since I posted my reaction to these two products a few days back. My only reason for posting in the first place was to share with the group as an FYI, that's it. I was actually surprised at the reaction to my post, and certainly didn't expect anything to come of it. Both these guys went over and above what I'd expect any company to do in as far as trying to making me whole again on these purchases.

For those of you that don't already know, Mike and Wes are both stand up guys, and I'm glad to be doing business with them. Thanks again Guys.

Cdsnuts
06-17-2013, 02:18 PM
I got these two products in the unflavored variety the other day. I have to say I was a little concerned with how they were going to taste. I mixed up a dose of All-In and a few tsp of pepto pro with O.J. To my surprise, it wasn't bad at all.

Has anyone else used the unflavored products? If so, what do you mix them with?

WesleyInman
06-17-2013, 03:09 PM
I got these two products in the unflavored variety the other day. I have to say I was a little concerned with how they were going to taste. I mixed up a dose of All-In and a few tsp of pepto pro with O.J. To my surprise, it wasn't bad at all.

Has anyone else used the unflavored products? If so, what do you mix them with?

I take the unflavored ALL in though I also have fruit punch. I for one don't care how my preworkout tastes..

My protein shakes have to be like milkshakes though, so I use the Blueberry Muffin and I am seriously in love with that flavor as is everyone I know who has tried it.

Back to the unflavored. I have several clients who add Crystal light lemonade packets and say its excellent like that.

pman42
10-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Bump for one more question. the flavors labelled "natural"-- do they have NO artificial colors or flavors?? thanks

WesleyInman
10-27-2013, 11:39 AM
Bump for one more question. the flavors labelled "natural"-- do they have NO artificial colors or flavors?? thanks

The flavors that say "NATURAL" are 100% natural flavors and 100% natural colors. :)

BBG
10-27-2013, 12:36 PM

Ingredients in NATURAL Strawberry Whey:
Whey Protein Isolate,
Whey Protein Concentrate,
Artificial and/or Natural Flavoring,
Stevia,
Sucralose,
Soy Lecithin

pman42
10-27-2013, 04:52 PM
My question, and I should have been more clear, was about All In.

If the list above really are the ingredients for all natural strawberry whey, that is the most misleading product labeling I've seen in a while.

WesleyInman
10-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Ingredients in NATURAL Strawberry Whey:
Whey Protein Isolate,
Whey Protein Concentrate,
Artificial and/or Natural Flavoring,
Stevia,
Sucralose,
Soy Lecithin

My question, and I should have been more clear, was about All In.

If the list above really are the ingredients for all natural strawberry whey, that is the most misleading product labeling I've seen in a while.

Let me clarify..this always confuses people because the labels and online descriptions show OPTIONS. Unfortunately, there is no way to show a description for the product with each individual flavor. You also cannot print an individual label for each and every flavor!!! You print one label for each specific PROTEIN VERSION or BLEND. and then you list all options. SO PROBLEND...ONE LABEL..the protein content and carbs and fats for all PROBLEND are the same...the flavors change. It is unrealistic to print a PROBLEND label for every flavor, rather you give the OPTIONS..which is what you are seeing.

So for example, if you look at the description for WHEY BLEND..it will show artificial AND/OR natural flavors this is because depending on WHAT OPTION YOU CHOOSE, is dependent on whether it is artificial or Natural. So if you choose NATURAL it is 100% natural. If you choose something else Sucralose may be an ingredient, so that is not natural. There is no way possible to have a listing for every single flavor, you simply go by whether it says NATURAL OR NOT.

All in..same thing. There are a few that say NATURAL and i think blue raspberry and sour apple do not come in this option. So it is very simple. Every product that says NATURAL is NATURAL. If it doesn't say NATURAL then it may have something like an artificial dye or sweetner. All the ALL IN products say DYE FREE. So they are all DYE FREE. But sour apple and raspberry clearly have a sweetner in them.

It really comes down to people not understanding that when you operate a website, and you offer 20 flavors, there is NO WAY to list every single flavor for sale individually. There is a drop down list. ANYTHING that says NATURAL is NATURAL. ANYTHING that is not listed, might include sucralose or an artificial coloring...and I don't blame you guys bc I used to not know, but trust me when I tell you that as it is doing a drop down menu and offering different flavors in each product is very tedious as is...it is to be understood if it says NATURAL..it is NATURAL.

Nothing misleading on the label, it simply lists the options. Hope this clears the confusion.

Thanks again for all the support on the Prescription Nutrition Line!!!! :)

Cdsnuts
10-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Let me clarify..this always confuses people because the labels and online descriptions show OPTIONS. Unfortunately, there is no way to show a description for the product with each individual flavor. You also cannot print an individual label for each and every flavor!!! You print one label for each specific PROTEIN VERSION or BLEND. and then you list all options. SO PROBLEND...ONE LABEL..the protein content and carbs and fats for all PROBLEND are the same...the flavors change. It is unrealistic to print a PROBLEND label for every flavor, rather you give the OPTIONS..which is what you are seeing.

So for example, if you look at the description for WHEY BLEND..it will show artificial AND/OR natural flavors this is because depending on WHAT OPTION YOU CHOOSE, is dependent on whether it is artificial or Natural. So if you choose NATURAL it is 100% natural. If you choose something else Sucralose may be an ingredient, so that is not natural. There is no way possible to have a listing for every single flavor, you simply go by whether it says NATURAL OR NOT.

All in..same thing. There are a few that say NATURAL and i think blue raspberry and sour apple do not come in this option. So it is very simple. Every product that says NATURAL is NATURAL. If it doesn't say NATURAL then it may have something like an artificial dye or sweetner. All the ALL IN products say DYE FREE. So they are all DYE FREE. But sour apple and raspberry clearly have a sweetner in them.

It really comes down to people not understanding that when you operate a website, and you offer 20 flavors, there is NO WAY to list every single flavor for sale individually. There is a drop down list. ANYTHING that says NATURAL is NATURAL. ANYTHING that is not listed, might include sucralose or an artificial coloring...and I don't blame you guys bc I used to not know, but trust me when I tell you that as it is doing a drop down menu and offering different flavors in each product is very tedious as is...it is to be understood if it says NATURAL..it is NATURAL.

Nothing misleading on the label, it simply lists the options. Hope this clears the confusion.

Thanks again for all the support on the Prescription Nutrition Line!!!! :)

Thanks for this clarification Wes.

pman42
10-27-2013, 08:24 PM
thanks. i didn't think that that label made sense anyway, with stevia and sucralose. didn't mean to take a snipe at PN's products, they are really solid. and a good dudes to deal with as well

BBG
10-27-2013, 09:07 PM
thanks. i didn't think that that label made sense anyway, with stevia and sucralose. didn't mean to take a snipe at PN's products, they are really solid. and a good dudes to deal with as well

That's just what the back of my bag of natural strawberry whey says. Glad it was all cleared up.

Cdsnuts
10-28-2013, 05:30 AM

They don't make sense. I was wondering the same thing.