PDA

View Full Version : Will a mild head cold affect androgens?

pman42
04-09-2013, 10:14 PM
I am scheduled for a blood test tomorrow but came down with a mild cold. mostly nasal congestion, no fever. i feel a bit rundown but not full-on sick.

wondering if I should postpone, thanks guys

burlyman30
04-09-2013, 10:31 PM
Should be fine. It's just a head cold. Your testosterone levels won't suddenly plummet because of that.

pman42
04-10-2013, 08:15 AM
well my nose was so stuffed up that i found it hard to drift off. I'm still going in for the test today, hopefully one night's crappy sleep AND a mild cold won't throw off the test test too much.

olddawg
04-10-2013, 08:40 AM
you'll be fine as burly said pman, your post jarred my memory of phoenix gamer

weekend
04-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I slept like only 4 hours before my last blood test and I had a cold and gyno was flaring hard.. Test was 1300+ and estrogen was 20 lol

pman42
04-10-2013, 08:33 PM
But I am making the really hard decision (still not 100% sure) to never use any DSs, PHs, or AAS ever again, so I want my test levels when I check them to be totally at the max range of what I can achieve naturally (then I will know if I need to do some SERM-based reboot). i was a little unsure but you guys helped out, thanks.

pman42
04-10-2013, 08:43 PM
aRRRHGH, just got the results back for testosterone and it is LOWER than last time. after 1.5 months of bulbine I was at least hoping for a tiny boost.

I guess my next course of action is an endo and some serious monitoring. this is very, very frustrating. i almost feel like crying.

Here's a question: can I build muscle with androgen levels near the bottom of the reference range? i feel like with all the healthy shit I do, not too many cycles done, that my levels should be a lot higher

olddawg
04-10-2013, 09:00 PM
you will be able to build/keep some muscle, but depending on how big you are now it might (won't it sounds like) be what you are looking for. Sorry to hear that for you bud, but you know it happens to all of us. I began the endo route for trt then found out there wasn't one in my area for an hour and a half drive so I'm fumbling through it myself. Still alive so far lol. if I were you, I'd ask for a referral straight away, lift to only maintain muscle as broken down muscle will be harder to grow back with lower test levels. At least you know now. How old are you?

burlyman30
04-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Sorry to hear the results were not what you were hoping for. Been there... for many many years. And it only got worse. I wish I could shine a more positive light on your situation, but what you've been trying is what I did for several years. I used test boosters to bump my testosterone level to still under 400.

On building muscle: everyone is different, but even with muscle memory on my side, every time I came back from "time off" from the gym, it seemed to take longer to get back in the groove. Between age and low hormonal levels, I found that periods of bulking would be accompanied by more fat than muscle, though muscle would build. It just wouldn't approach the size or strength of my younger years.