PDA

View Full Version : Citrulline Malate and Agmatine Sulfate: An inside look by Freepressright

Freepressright
04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good pump.

Blessed with the ability to get better-than-average pumps on my own, I can generally feel very pronounced effects from supplements that aim to increase nitric oxide. From regular L-arginine and AAKG to ornithine and icariin, I feel like I've tried it all when it comes to NO donors.

But there was a serious void in my chest of treasures. I'm one of those who had read the many good reviews on agmatine sulfate, but not yet sampled it for myself.

Before I extol the virtues of ag sulfate, let me back up a bit.

I have sensitive lower GI and have found L-arginine and AAKG to cause diarrhea if taken in large doses. Fortunately, there's citrulline malate, a precursor to arginine and somewhat of a longer-acting NO donor. I respond well to it and don't get the diarrhea. Most of the authors of material on CM claim it's fairly easy on the gut.

The fast, intense punch of agmatine sulfate only seemed like the perfect compliment to citrulline malate, so last week I placed an order at Prescription Nutrition for both. You simply cannot beat their prices.

Friday, my order arrived, and I decided to kick things off at around 10:30 a.m. with a 3g dose of citrulline malate and 750 mg of ag sulfate, so as to get the blood levels flowing several hours before my 4:30 p.m. workout.

One thing I would note about the ag sulfate is that although it smells of rancid, decaying garbage, the powder has virtually no taste at all. I used some sugar-free fruit-punch flavored water enhancer (sucralose-sweetened) in 8 ounces of water and added a teaspoon (5 cc) of citrulline and some ag sulfate. The end result was a sour punch, reminiscent of Tropicana Twister's orange cranberry punch flavor that was popular when I was a kid.

I had no GI upset from either compound.

I did the same thing at around 3:30 p.m. before leaving work. Still no gastric upset.

I went home to hit the P90x arms and shoulders training DVD. I did notice enhancement in pump and a definite push in endurance. It wasn't anything I hadn't felt before, but I could tell I had taken something.

I did the same thing before my workout on Saturday and it seemed to be slightly better than the day before. But the one thing I noticed by Saturday afternoon, and not to give too much information, was that my junk was starting to feel "heavier" and I was experiencing a somewhat more meaty 'hang.'

By late afternoon, my girlfriend was getting out of the shower and I went upstairs to my bedroom. I walked in and she was wrapped in a towel, lying on my bed texting. Within seconds I was feeling a very aggressive growth going on down below. Not long thereafter, I had a full-on, raging erection that I couldn't contain.

Sparing you the details, I opted to put it to immediate use.

Sunday I had an extremely long day. I drove out of town twice and was out extremely late. I got to bed around 1 a.m. and had every intention of going straight to sleep. But my girlfriend was undressing, and I became aroused. This was very similar to the day before, but the response was even more intense.

By the time I crawled into bed, things were so hard that a cat couldn't scratch it. And when I tell you I put it to use, I think I might have damaged her kidney in the process. And as if that weren't enough, I awoke this morning with a fierce case of the morning wood that was far more intense than normal.

Tonight I will be resuming tests on the athletic endurance and pump elements of both, but I've drawn a few conclusions thus far:

Although I have used citrulline malate before and regard it as an effective maintenance protocol for sexual function, I don't recall it ever being as 'in your face' in feel as before. I think the agmatine sulfate is adding fuel to citrulline's fire, and it appears to be improving more every day.

My goal of getting these was not sexual enhancement. I'm loving P90x and I just wanted some extra pump. But I'm getting more than I bargained for and am certainly not complaining.

I'm going to gradually up my dose of ag sulfate. It appears as though you can take up to 3g without any major gastric disturbance. But all in all, this has been a fun acquisition, and I'll keep everyone posted as to what I encounter.

milehighguy
04-15-2013, 01:23 PM
meaty hang? LOL

:D

Freepressright
04-15-2013, 01:35 PM
I didn't know what else to call it :D

olddawg
04-15-2013, 03:19 PM
FP, you don't need a full time woman man, a dick that could cut diamonds, in shape, guitar player, all you need is to buy shares in Trojan, and have at her!

nate3993
04-15-2013, 04:13 PM
what's your dose of agmatine exactly?

USN HM 350Z
04-15-2013, 07:59 PM
very nice review. I have been using the Citruline with my Creatine HCL and have really liked it. I have been thinking of adding in Agmatine Sulfate and now I think I will.

O_RYAN_007
04-15-2013, 08:59 PM
I take 6g citrulline malate, 1.5-3 g of Ag sulfate, and 3 g of creatine hcl pre workout and things are amazing! And I can attest to the massive bone action as well. I like taking the dose prior to go time on sundays as an extra kicker! :)

nate3993
04-15-2013, 09:35 PM
very nice review. I have been using the Citruline with my Creatine HCL and have really liked it. I have been thinking of adding in Agmatine Sulfate and now I think I will.

this is my preworkout

burlyman30
04-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Interesting. I've taken 1.5 to 3 g of agmatine both solo and with 6-7 g of citrulline malate and also the same amount of citrulline malate solo. I don't notice any difference with the agmatine. At all.

Citrulline does improve my pumps in the gym and I like it for that, but has zero advantage to me in the erectile department.

I have been mixing 3g creatine HCl with 1.5g agmatine, 7g citrulline, and a teaspoon of beet root powder in my peptopro. When its all gone, I'll probably go without all but the peptopro for a while. I may bring back the citrulline and the creatine HCl later, though, as I could tell a difference from both of these.

Freepressright
04-16-2013, 06:35 AM
what's your dose of agmatine exactly?

The first day it was two divided doses of 750mg. Lately it's been 1.5 mg along with 3g of citrulline malate 45 minutes pre-workout.

VaughnTrue
04-17-2013, 08:23 AM
if you want to try out some hemavol(contains agmatine + cit malate) to compare to the bulks, let me know man :)

Freepressright
04-17-2013, 08:55 AM
I'd love to. How do we make this happen?

DJM
04-17-2013, 09:21 AM
was gonna grab hemavol when bb.com had it on sale with compete, then missed the sale haha
i like its not a prop blend and good amounts in it

Fat Bill Dwyer
04-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Interesting. I've taken 1.5 to 3 g of agmatine both solo and with 6-7 g of citrulline malate and also the same amount of citrulline malate solo. I don't notice any difference with the agmatine. At all.

Citrulline does improve my pumps in the gym and I like it for that, but has zero advantage to me in the erectile department.

I have been mixing 3g creatine HCl with 1.5g agmatine, 7g citrulline, and a teaspoon of beet root powder in my peptopro. When its all gone, I'll probably go without all but the peptopro for a while. I may bring back the citrulline and the creatine HCl later, though, as I could tell a difference from both of these.

For what it's worth I've had issues with solo agmatine when taking it on a full stomach. When I take it empty I get the "itchies" that I use as a marker for vasodilation.

longBallLima
04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
if you want to try out some hemavol(contains agmatine + cit malate) to compare to the bulks, let me know man :)

Me wants some :D

VaughnTrue
04-17-2013, 01:41 PM
I'd love to. How do we make this happen?

shoot me a PM with your full name + address :)

JM1000
04-17-2013, 08:52 PM
In my case, agmantine sulf resuslted in pretty much the same thing as arginine at a 2g dose, decent pump obviously but with all the hype around this new "must have" supp. Gotta say i was expecting more... Maybe it takes a couple days to really feel it?

DJM
04-17-2013, 09:15 PM
best pump is carbs n creatine

h2s
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
best pump is carbs n creatine
Which is why most pump products advocate taking a shit ton of carbs with it. "Yeah bro, take this powder, and 200g of carbs, you will be a beast in the gym..."

h2s
04-17-2013, 09:55 PM
The above comment is not a knock on agmatine, or any mentioned product, just a simple observation.

DJM
04-18-2013, 05:56 AM
The above comment is not a knock on agmatine, or any mentioned product, just a simple observation.

as i started to spend on 'other' stuff, i greatly reduced the supps purchasing, which i still grab stuff, like enhanced recently, but most isnt needed....agmatine i guess is good, but at this point personally im so de sensitized to pumps because of the ones brought on by certain compounds, meh i dont bother.......however 30-50g gatorade powder + creatine hcl and a caff tab works great and is a ton cheaper, replace the gatorade with karbolyn which i like alot, but sadly only comes in grape, but grape is amazing at masking the hcl taste

BoneDaddy
04-18-2013, 06:23 AM
as i started to spend on 'other' stuff, i greatly reduced the supps purchasing, which i still grab stuff, like enhanced recently, but most isnt needed....agmatine i guess is good, but at this point personally im so de sensitized to pumps because of the ones brought on by certain compounds, meh i dont bother.......however 30-50g gatorade powder + creatine hcl and a caff tab works great and is a ton cheaper, replace the gatorade with karbolyn which i like alot, but sadly only comes in grape, but grape is amazing at masking the hcl taste

Karbolyn is good shyt, but the price just kills it for me.

DJM
04-18-2013, 06:28 AM

yeah $1 a sv for carbs, hence i go back to the gatorade alot
even 2 packets of those flavored quaker oatmeal 1hr prewo works nice and easily digests, 70g carbs and simple sugars and pretty cheap

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 07:39 AM

Look into carboslin by PN; its cheap as hell and its very similar to Karbolyn. I use the stuff like DJ talks about, or I'll even use it intra with 20 g of peptopro. I like using it with my creatine pre workout better though.

DJM
04-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Look into carboslin by PN; its cheap as hell and its very similar to Karbolyn. I use the stuff like DJ talks about, or I'll even use it intra with 20 g of peptopro. I like using it with my creatine pre workout better though.

ill second the carbo slin, i have it here too, if it wasnt for sh being so rough id use pn exclusively

O_RYAN_007
04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
ill second the carbo slin, i have it here too, if it wasnt for sh being so rough id use pn exclusively

I'm sure the shipping costs are pretty damn rough. I've never taken Karbolyn, but once I saw PN come out with Carboslin, I figure I'd give it a try. The stuff tastes great, mixes easy, and is easy on the pocketbook. I can actually say that for all of PN's stuff.

DJM
04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
I'm sure the shipping costs are pretty damn rough. I've never taken Karbolyn, but once I saw PN come out with Carboslin, I figure I'd give it a try. The stuff tastes great, mixes easy, and is easy on the pocketbook. I can actually say that for all of PN's stuff.

agree 100%

JM1000
04-18-2013, 08:58 AM
Cost me 50$ to ship up here... Had a total of 7 pounds. For 150$ it's cheaper to buy here. Think their shipping went up in the past month or so

VaughnTrue
04-22-2013, 08:14 AM

Hemavol is actually suggested to be taken on a totally empty stomach with 20oz of water...no carb lies here :)

h2s
04-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Hemavol is actually suggested to be taken on a totally empty stomach with 20oz of water...no carb lies here :)

Yeah, I haven't had any complaints about iForce, it was an industry observation, not specific. There are always companies that choose to rise above.

VaughnTrue
04-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Yeah, I haven't had any complaints about iForce, it was an industry observation, not specific. There are always companies that choose to rise above.

many thanks for the kind words :)

VaughnTrue
04-25-2013, 10:55 AM
let me know when u get the samples OP!

Freepressright
04-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Got 'em. I will be busting them out before tonight's workout. I will report results. Thanks again! :)

VaughnTrue
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM
Got 'em. I will be busting them out before tonight's workout. I will report results. Thanks again! :)

for best results, take samples on totally empty stomach, with 20oz water per serving!

Freepressright
04-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Will I need one packet or two?

VaughnTrue
04-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Will I need one packet or two?

you got 20 total right?

i'd start with 1, but dose it how I suggested above...see how that goes for you, then try 2 the next time if desired :)

Freepressright
04-26-2013, 07:13 AM
Tore into one packet of Hemavol for the first time last night not knowing exactly what to expect. Having tried a couple of the crucial raw ingredients in large doses, I wasn't sure how extreme the results of one packet would be.

I threw some in a shaker cup with about 12 ounces of water. I would have done 20, but my acid reflux was acting up and I didn't want to load 20 ounces of liquid into my gut 30 to 40 minutes before a hard workout.

Nothing gauges a pump better than a good bicep workout. I popped in my P90x arms and shoulders DVD and waited about 35 minutes for the Hemavol to start circulating before I pressed play.

The taste of the Hemavol is good - very lemony but not overly sour like you'd expect. The flavor is very similar to some Gaspari Size On that I tried about four years ago. It was definitely palatable.

This product definitely went to work and produced a good pump. It wasn't skin tearing, but I suspect that's because I had been taking pretty high doses of NO boosters as raws. Maybe I'm a candidate for two packets.

Make no mistake, though, my arms were inflated pretty nicely and I had veins sticking out more so than usual. However, where I really FELT the effects of the single serving of Hemavol was in the endurance. Even though this product does not contain stimulants, it gave me a notable increase in clean energy that helped me push through the workout. Even stimulants don't do this as well, sometimes.

I think Hemavol also kept me from going flat an hour after the workout. I still looked and felt a bit inflated - nothing too extreme, but it was noticeable.

Next time I'm going to try two packets, which would be the same as using two scoops of Hemavol, which can be done per the label. I will report back on what it produces.

VaughnTrue
04-26-2013, 08:45 AM
awesome initial response!

again, try it with at least 20oz of water(it does make a huge difference on effects as well as taste).

2 scoops will have your pumps at insane levels.

nate3993
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Man. I wish I repsonded to supps like you do. If it's supposed to give u a libido boost, u wake up with wood in the middle of the night. And now ur getting great endurance from Hemavol.

Freepressright
04-26-2013, 01:09 PM
That's not entirely true. Intimidate starts off giving me a libido boost, but then my prolactin elevates and it dies on the vine. Next time I run Intimidate, I'll pre-load Prolactrone by Black Lion Supplements for a week. It's a fairly new product but the logs are very impressive.

Hopefully that'll fix it, because I get more strength and stability enhancement out of Intimidate than any PH I've ever taken, but my interest in sex goes way down after the first week.

DJM
04-26-2013, 01:29 PM
Man. I wish I repsonded to supps like you do. If it's supposed to give u a libido boost, u wake up with wood in the middle of the night. And now ur getting great endurance from Hemavol.

haha

VaughnTrue
04-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Hemavol should give users great endurance...

I take it everyday since I bought it a few weeks ago. I don't hit the gym everyday, but I do run or bike on my off days. I've had no decrease in pumps or fullness on my gym days and it only serves to help endurance on my rides or runs. I have no plans to stop taking it and I am basically addicted to the lemon flavor at this point. lol

In fact, I am drinking a glass right now.

many more reports out there showing people love Hemavol for both it's pump AND endurance benefits.

nate3993
04-26-2013, 04:27 PM
That's not entirely true. Intimidate starts off giving me a libido boost, but then my prolactin elevates and it dies on the vine. Next time I run Intimidate, I'll pre-load Prolactrone by Black Lion Supplements for a week. It's a fairly new product but the logs are very impressive.

Hopefully that'll fix it, because I get more strength and stability enhancement out of Intimidate than any PH I've ever taken, but my interest in sex goes way down after the first week.

hgh dopa at vitamin shoppe will do just fine. 6-8 at night will do it. cheaper too. ur first run of intimidate though i thought u didnt have any libido issues.

and to vaughn. i wasnt knocking hemavol. i've used it, and thought it was very good. havent tried the newer version with the glycerine. and im curious. are you the same vaughn that's on iforce's website?

VaughnTrue
04-27-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm the same Vaughn/VaughnTrue everywhere associated with iforce. Hemavol a formula has never changed, just that it started as caplets, but is now available in powder form as well

Freepressright
04-29-2013, 01:54 PM
hgh dopa at vitamin shoppe will do just fine. 6-8 at night will do it. cheaper too. ur first run of intimidate though i thought u didnt have any libido issues.

and to vaughn. i wasnt knocking hemavol. i've used it, and thought it was very good. havent tried the newer version with the glycerine. and im curious. are you the same vaughn that's on iforce's website?

The first time I ran it I had an initial libido and wood spike that was great and leveled off at the end. But the last couple of runs with it, it's started out great on the libido and then it's tanked. Strange, I know.

I just got done mixing up some Hemavol in 20 ounces of water and downed it. Let's see what happens. I'll report back.

VaughnTrue
04-29-2013, 03:04 PM
The first time I ran it I had an initial libido and wood spike that was great and leveled off at the end. But the last couple of runs with it, it's started out great on the libido and then it's tanked. Strange, I know.

I just got done mixing up some Hemavol in 20 ounces of water and downed it. Let's see what happens. I'll report back.

empty stomach i hope? :D

Freepressright
04-29-2013, 03:56 PM
empty stomach i hope? :D

I ate lunch at 12:30, took the Hemavol at a little past 3 p.m. So yeah, basically an empty stomach.

As for the effects? Well, I did P90x chest and back, and let's just say that I was so inflated that it almost hampered range of motion on dive bombers and a couple other exercises.

This stuff works. Chest pumps were sick. Secondary bicep pumps were damn good. Even my upper back inflated.

I'm about 25 minutes post workout and still pumped. My cheeks are warm and I have a flushed feeling, almost like I took niacin. My head also has the nitric oxide kind of feeling (pressure).

I'm sold. This is a great product.

I mixed it in 20 ounces of water and added some sugar-free Kool Aid liquid water enhancer (tropical punch flavor) to go along with the lemon drop. It was so delicious it was like a Life Savers candy.

I'm happy.

Now all I need is more Tropinol XP and Intimidate :)

Say, I wonder if your Lights Out product will help keep the prolactin and related sides at bay. That's food for thought.

Thanks again, Vaughn. I will continue to provide updates on my Hemavol experience.

VaughnTrue
04-30-2013, 06:44 AM
I ate lunch at 12:30, took the Hemavol at a little past 3 p.m. So yeah, basically an empty stomach.

As for the effects? Well, I did P90x chest and back, and let's just say that I was so inflated that it almost hampered range of motion on dive bombers and a couple other exercises.

This stuff works. Chest pumps were sick. Secondary bicep pumps were damn good. Even my upper back inflated.

I'm about 25 minutes post workout and still pumped. My cheeks are warm and I have a flushed feeling, almost like I took niacin. My head also has the nitric oxide kind of feeling (pressure).

I'm sold. This is a great product.

I mixed it in 20 ounces of water and added some sugar-free Kool Aid liquid water enhancer (tropical punch flavor) to go along with the lemon drop. It was so delicious it was like a Life Savers candy.

I'm happy.

Now all I need is more Tropinol XP and Intimidate :)

Say, I wonder if your Lights Out product will help keep the prolactin and related sides at bay. That's food for thought.

Thanks again, Vaughn. I will continue to provide updates on my Hemavol experience.

bingo bango bongo.

This is why I try to tell people Hemavol is so much more than just Agmatine + Citrulline...now that you've had the best, you'll never go back :D!

appreciate the reviews for me man

Freepressright
04-30-2013, 08:37 AM
It's a solid product. I haven't tried a single iForce product that didn't deliver.

I said in an earlier thread that the strength and stability enhancement of Intimidate is better than any PH I've ever used. The Tropinol XP is definitely a product you can feel as well.

I was going to grab some Lights Out but it's out of stock at Nutraplanet. Any idea when it'll be back?

BoneDaddy
04-30-2013, 09:03 AM
It's a solid product. I haven't tried a single iForce product that didn't deliver.

This. Vaughn is a damn good stand up dude as well. I remember a bit back there was a tiny snafu with a product but instead of hiding out like I've seen a lot of other companies do, Vaughn replaced every single order with the corrected product, free. Dude always has my respect.

VaughnTrue
04-30-2013, 11:27 AM

I said in an earlier thread that the strength and stability enhancement of Intimidate is better than any PH I've ever used. The Tropinol XP is definitely a product you can feel as well.

I was going to grab some Lights Out but it's out of stock at Nutraplanet. Any idea when it'll be back?

I believe theyre waiting on us to finish the run of Intimidate SRT before they rebuy. There should be some websites with Intimidate in stock though.

This. Vaughn is a damn good stand up dude as well. I remember a bit back there was a tiny snafu with a product but instead of hiding out like I've seen a lot of other companies do, Vaughn replaced every single order with the corrected product, free. Dude always has my respect.

iForce aims to do the best we can in every single instance. If you guys aren't happy, we aren't happy ;)

VaughnTrue
05-10-2013, 09:58 AM
any updates OP? how have the samples been going since your initial update

ReNude1
08-16-2014, 05:27 AM
I've been following your posts especially on the agmatine and citrulline malate for endurance, pump, and that extra health benefits that men are fond off namely a hard throbbing dick when needed. I decided to go with Hemavol only, I wanted to try it because of the ingredient profile and that it had the Agmatine and citrulline already with flavoring. I am glad I did although it took about a week and half before I started really noticing a difference. I have also added Potassium Nitrate or Kno3 because I hear nitrates can do wonders in that department as well. I am so impressed with the citrulline malate and agmatine combo I ordered some bulk to add to the hemavol to extend servings of hemavol and use it as flavoring going a little heavier on the citrulline and agmatine portion of the ingredient profile. I have also ordered bulk L-Norvaline as it extends NO pathway and blocks arginase . I also might add some Esters of Arginine and Orthinine for a complete profile of No pathway. So bottom line My stack is now Hemavol, Kno3, bulk citrulline, agmatine and L-Norvaline with SNS E2 Arginine Matrix coming soon. My workouts which consisted of Pushups and Squats have vastly improved and I am now looking at local gyms to acutally start lifting again. But the best benefit is definitely that meaty hang you talked about with this stack I switched to Tighty whitey underware and I feel my dick just wanting to spring out of them ready for action I love it. I don't know what else I could add to this stack but I feel it works any thoughts

ReNude1
08-17-2014, 08:09 AM
I am going to try a run with just sns citrulline malate and agmatine for a couple of weeks and see how it compares with hemavol but so far I been very pleased with results from hemavol