PDA

View Full Version : AH v3 vs. Anavar, experienced users wanted! (of both perferrably)

AestheticOne
11-08-2012, 08:13 AM
it seems lots of guys rave about the effects of var and very few have anything bad to say about it. So how does 6 caps a day of AHv3 compare to 40-50mg of var a day in your experience? more strength with the AH? better fat loss with the var? If you had to choose between 8-12 weeks of AHv3, and 8-12 weeks of Var, which would you choose and why? Weighing the pro's and con's of each supplement, including suppresion, overall gains, and ease of maintaining gains. All opinions are wanted!

DJM
11-08-2012, 08:19 AM
VAR all day everyday, and with the cost of hard it makes it that much easier a choice
the anavar has to be legit tho.....if you find it cheap or a great deal, odds are its not real

Rodja
11-08-2012, 08:24 AM
No comparison between Var and AH even at 9 caps per day.

h2s
11-08-2012, 08:25 AM
I have never heard a single person with real var that ran it at an adequate dose that doesn't praise it. Hard is good, but var is var.

burlyman30
11-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Can't really compare the two. They are so different that they really aren't in the same class or (in my mind) even used for the same purposes. Var is an anabolic. Androhard is pure androgen. Two distinct effects. Two entirely different results.

If you are wanting size and strength, var wins in both regards. Androhard is one of those extremely versatile "add ons". It's great to add to a cutting cycle, along other anabolics and great to add along a bulking cycle, as well. I even use it in PCT at a lower dose to replace androgens that are conspicuously missing immediately after a cycle in order to prevent post-cycle gyno.

As great as it is, I don't think I would use AH as a solo product. It doesn't do enough on it's own, in my opinion.

AestheticOne
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Can't really compare the two. They are so different that they really aren't in the same class or (in my mind) even used for the same purposes. Var is an anabolic. Androhard is pure androgen. Two distinct effects. Two entirely different results.

If you are wanting size and strength, var wins in both regards. Androhard is one of those extremely versatile "add ons". It's great to add to a cutting cycle, along other anabolics and great to add along a bulking cycle, as well. I even use it in PCT at a lower dose to replace androgens that are conspicuously missing immediately after a cycle in order to prevent post-cycle gyno.

As great as it is, I don't think I would use AH as a solo product. It doesn't do enough on it's own, in my opinion.

i havent learned how to quote you all at once lol, but seems everyone here agrees var is head and shoulders above AH, good to know, i'm guessing stacking the two would provide a few added benefits, but like you said DJM, real var is hard to come by sometimes xD

h2s
11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
i havent learned how to quote you all at once lol, but seems everyone here agrees var is head and shoulders above AH, good to know, i'm guessing stacking the two would provide a few added benefits, but like you said DJM, real var is hard to come by sometimes xD

Off topic, but:

http://i.imgur.com/ar8dj.png

AresTS
11-08-2012, 09:45 AM
Or...

- Valdez

AresTS
11-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Also, aren't you 18? I highly doubt you're at a level strength or physique wise (not discrediting you) that you should be messing with aas already man. If you have aspirations for bodybuilding one day with freak genetics like Arnold maybe but playing with your endocrine system can have lasting consequences.

You're young and will do what you want and a lot of the times people cycle young with no repercussions BUT you may be the one that does.

My 2 cents, I'll leave it alone now...

- Valdez

AestheticOne
11-08-2012, 11:56 AM
Off topic, but:

http://i.imgur.com/ar8dj.png

Or...

- Valdez

Also, aren't you 18? I highly doubt you're at a level strength or physique wise (not discrediting you) that you should be messing with aas already man. If you have aspirations for bodybuilding one day with freak genetics like Arnold maybe but playing with your endocrine system can have lasting consequences.

You're young and will do what you want and a lot of the times people cycle young with no repercussions BUT you may be the one that does.

My 2 cents, I'll leave it alone now...

- Valdez

thanks for the quick lesson guys, and Valdez your concern is valid.... i've been training 3 years consistently with good results, but they slowed a lottt in the last year, been floating around 160-170lbs for quite some time now with little improvements in strength or size, mind you i've pretty much exhausted all my routes to make this shit other then AAS, not saying i've hit my genetic limit by any means, but i feel i have enough knowledge now to perhaps do light cycles without and real issues... i'll post up a pic of my transformation since i've been lifting and i'll let you guys be the judges. keep in mind im an extreme ectomorph, hence why i'm 5'11 and only weigh 165 but my bf% has always remained low

weekend
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
GOMAD until you hit 200 lb first. Then cut super slow. Then reconsider.

AestheticOne
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM
GOMAD until you hit 200 lb first. Then cut super slow. Then reconsider.

i dont think i could ever hit 200lb naturally without getting fat as fuck.. and in my profession that is a big no no... btw posted a thread with pics of my transformation here Rate my transformation/10 (Valdez enter) (http://www.swolesource.com/forum/general-discussion/102-rate-my-transformation-10-valdez-enter.html#post1060)

BBG
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
AH = proviron or masteron
High, high doses of 11-kt/11-oxo (Androlean, anyone?) = Anavar

Rodja
11-08-2012, 05:15 PM
thanks for the quick lesson guys, and Valdez your concern is valid.... i've been training 3 years consistently with good results, but they slowed a lottt in the last year, been floating around 160-170lbs for quite some time now with little improvements in strength or size, mind you i've pretty much exhausted all my routes to make this shit other then AAS, not saying i've hit my genetic limit by any means, but i feel i have enough knowledge now to perhaps do light cycles without and real issues... i'll post up a pic of my transformation since i've been lifting and i'll let you guys be the judges. keep in mind im an extreme ectomorph, hence why i'm 5'11 and only weigh 165 but my bf% has always remained low

You're not even done maturing and you think you can't get any bigger or stronger without AAS? Bullshit, kid. With only three years of training, you're far from even being experienced enough on which systems and template work best for you and how you react to certain nutrition plans. If you're results have slowed, why haven't you changed to accomodate for the stagnation in both diet and training?

O_RYAN_007
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM

Could you give us an idea on your diet?

AestheticOne
11-08-2012, 08:39 PM
You're not even done maturing and you think you can't get any bigger or stronger without AAS? Bullshit, kid. With only three years of training, you're far from even being experienced enough on which systems and template work best for you and how you react to certain nutrition plans. If you're results have slowed, why haven't you changed to accomodate for the stagnation in both diet and training?
where did i ever say i haven't adjusted my diet and training? In fact i said the opposite, i've EXHAUSTED most other routes other then AAS, i.e changing diet and training. First of all, i CAN'T get bigger, i'm already at my size limit as far as my profession goes, any bigger and i start losing jobs. As far as my diet goes I'm pretty sure that's on point considering the fact that i maintain 6-8% bodyfat year round and once again, i can't gain fat, i'm trying to get stronger here without putting on any more size. As far as my training goes? i've done 5 day isolation splits, legs push pull routine lifting 6x a week, upper lower routine 8 sets with 30 second rests.

Could you give us an idea on your diet?

200g's of protein a day, 100g carbs ( pre workout and post ) and fats i dont really keep track of, never really needed to as ive maintained my leanness with this diet for awhile now, i get around 2200-2500 cals a day.

Anonymous
11-09-2012, 01:32 AM
I never did either, but my opinion about age is to keep things strictly based on real hormones and not derivatives and preferably DHT, your endocrine system and CNS will thank you later. However you may want to utilize anavar at your age, you can grow taller with Anavar if your still growing of course. Dose it at 2.5-10mg for this, problem is it's not going to yield muscle gains being that low.

Differences in the two now. Var has a high anabolic to androgenic ratio since it's androgenic activity is very minimal and low enough that women can use it. DHT is fully androgenic and slightly anabolic. I could be wrong but each may be around equally anabolic

Rodja
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
where did i ever say i haven't adjusted my diet and training? In fact i said the opposite, i've EXHAUSTED most other routes other then AAS, i.e changing diet and training. First of all, i CAN'T get bigger, i'm already at my size limit as far as my profession goes, any bigger and i start losing jobs. As far as my diet goes I'm pretty sure that's on point considering the fact that i maintain 6-8% bodyfat year round and once again, i can't gain fat, i'm trying to get stronger here without putting on any more size. As far as my training goes? i've done 5 day isolation splits, legs push pull routine lifting 6x a week, upper lower routine 8 sets with 30 second rests.

200g's of protein a day, 100g carbs ( pre workout and post ) and fats i dont really keep track of, never really needed to as ive maintained my leanness with this diet for awhile now, i get around 2200-2500 cals a day.

You've been training for THREE FUCKING YEARS!! Don't give any of that you've exhausted any other route bullshit. You problem is simple: you refuse to give your body the nutrients that it needs to grow and any additional LBM that you gain from AAS will be temporary and quickly lost following cessation of dosing. Your diet may be on point to maintain a certain of BF%, but that does not mean that it is going to lend itself to adding LBM. It's simple physics: you can't create what doesn't already exist. Your mentality is the first problem as you've already set arbitrary limits on yourself by not thinking you can get to a certain weight even though you have limited experience.

Here's the real question, though: if you're already that lean and can't any bigger, then why even use AAS in the first place?

burlyman30
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM
...any additional LBM that you gain from AAS will be temporary and quickly lost following cessation of dosing.

^^^ This. You have pigeon-holed yourself into a corner by deciding that you cannot/will not increase your intake. If that's what you've decided, then that is fine, but you have to realize that other sacrifices come with that decision. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Rodja's point about you saying you can't get bigger because of your industry and then saying you want to use AAS seems to contradict itself. I did see you refer above, though, more specifically to strength gains. However, strength is not simply a function of muscle, it is an accommodation of the CNS as well. You can get stronger without getting any bigger. If you cannot gain strength, then you are not strength training properly and you have not exhausted all routes. Have you ever looked into periodization?

AresTS
11-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Have you guys seen his other thread by chance? He decided days ago not to take aas... He agreed he didn't need them.

- Valdez

AestheticOne
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
^^^ This. You have pigeon-holed yourself into a corner by deciding that you cannot/will not increase your intake. If that's what you've decided, then that is fine, but you have to realize that other sacrifices come with that decision. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Rodja's point about you saying you can't get bigger because of your industry and then saying you want to use AAS seems to contradict itself. I did see you refer above, though, more specifically to strength gains. However, strength is not simply a function of muscle, it is an accommodation of the CNS as well. You can get stronger without getting any bigger. If you cannot gain strength, then you are not strength training properly and you have not exhausted all routes. Have you ever looked into periodization?

Okay it seems you guys are missing my point, i'm going to say this as simply as i can. I want to gain strength, i cant gain fat or size, How do i do this? That is my dilemma. Burlyman i havent looked into periodization training, can you enlighten me?

***I completley realize i can't have my cake and eat it to as you said, hence why if theres no way for me to get stronger without getting bigger or eating more then fuck it looks like im maintaining what i have untill i find a different career.

Rodja
11-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Okay it seems you guys are missing my point, i'm going to say this as simply as i can. I want to gain strength, i cant gain fat or size, How do i do this? That is my dilemma. Burlyman i havent looked into periodization training, can you enlighten me?

***I completley realize i can't have my cake and eat it to as you said, hence why if theres no way for me to get stronger without getting bigger or eating more then fuck it looks like im maintaining what i have untill i find a different career.

Look into conjugate or block periodization and be prepared to read for HOURS. Strength is a fickly mistress and everything you think you know about strength and technique will more than likely be thrown out after reading up on either of these methods.

burlyman30
11-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Look into conjugate or block periodization and be prepared to read for HOURS. Strength is a fickly mistress and everything you think you know about strength and technique will more than likely be thrown out after reading up on either of these methods.

Rodja speaks truth.

And AestheticOne, you misread something I said above. I said you CAN get stronger without getting bigger. At least to a point. Look at the example of some powerlifters who stay in their weight class for years, but continue to increase their totals. Strength and size do have a correlation, but HOW you train and eat also determines some of this.

weekend
11-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I think if you go all out with your planning and strategy and intensify your lifting, you can get bigger and stronger without gaining fat using intermittent fasting.

Tough though. Easier to just bump calories by 500 then cut a little before each photo shoot.

Eden
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm no expert, but I have heard there is a specific way to train the CNS system to increase strength, I heard that a lot of Olympic lifters who are confined to a weight class often train this way.

Rodja
11-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm no expert, but I have heard there is a specific way to train the CNS system to increase strength, I heard that a lot of Olympic lifters who are confined to a weight class often train this way.

Oly lifting is dominated moreso by technique reinforcement than the CNS. You have to remember that there is no eccentric portion of an Oly lift, which is the CNS killer. The CNS is trained through two primary components: strength-speed and speed-strength aka the max effort and dynamic effort. Doing them properly, though, is an entirely different discussion.

AestheticOne
11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
okay, thanks for the info guys, i'll start reading up on whats posted above