Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Differences between R-DHEA and Super Epi DHEA

  1. #11
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    389
    There isn't much info on 5b-DHT but I also found this. It seems to be the easiest to understand.

    5b or not 5b? - Total Flex BlogTotal Flex Blog

    "The conformational change involved in 5b-reduction makes the steroid anything but flat, and an extremely poor fit for the receptor. By way of an example, 5a-DHT has 173 times stronger binding affinity than 5b-DHT. [3] 5b-reduced steroids are effectively inactive."

    "The upshot being, if any superdrol clone was using a 5b-isomer of the methasteron molecule, it wouldn’t be “weaker”, it quite simply wouldn’t work."

    "A few years ago people began to notice that certain brands of superdrol clones list the active ingredient as 2a,17a-dimethyl-etiocholan-3-one-17b-ol, believing this to indicate that the steroid inside is 5-b reduced version, or a “b-isomer” of superdrol. Many even go so far as to use this as an explanation for cycles with these drugs that do not meet the expectations of the user, citing the “weaker b-isomer” as the excuse for the poor results."
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-20-2017 at 05:47 PM.

  2. #12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Yup....you're right....doesn't answer my question....lol

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I don't want to give you the wrong answer haha. My guess is that since 5b-DHT is the "inactive androgen form" it could bind to the estrogen receptor beta much easier. I don't think he is saying "estrogenic" like gyno etc. (even though it is an agonist of ERb) just saying it is a much weaker version compared to androsterone. My post above mentions how much stronger 5a-DHT is compared to 5b-DHT in terms of binding (way way stronger). So 5b-DHT could just be a "by product" of the during the production of DHT which is why it is considered inactive, with weaker traits. It basically just assists in the conversion and deactivates afterwards.
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-20-2017 at 06:02 PM.

  3. #13
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,464

    Differences between R-DHEA and Super Epi DHEA

    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    I don't want to give you the wrong answer haha. My guess is that since 5b-DHT is the "inactive androgen form" it could bind to the estrogen receptor beta much easier. I don't think he is saying "estrogenic" like gyno etc. (even though it is an agonist of ERb) just saying it is a much weaker version compared to androsterone. My post above mentions how much stronger 5a-DHT is compared to 5b-DHT in terms of binding (way way stronger). So 5b-DHT could just be a "by product" of the during the production of DHT which is why it is considered inactive, with weaker traits. It basically just assists in the conversion and deactivates afterwards.
    I find it interesting that it would bind to the estrogen receptor at all.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.

  4. #14
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I find it interesting that it would bind to the estrogen receptor at all.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    It is not that uncommon really. DHEA can also bind to ERb as well yet is androgenic (and a precursor to DHT as well) and stimulates 5AR. A lot of variables are in play like how strongly it binds, dosage etc.

    DHEA metabolites activate estrogen receptors alpha and beta


    One of your herbs does as well (schizandra)

    Extracts from Schizandra chinensis fruit activate estrogen receptors: a possible clue to its effects on nitric oxide-mediated vasorelaxation. - PubMed - NCBI
    Last edited by TubZy; 03-20-2017 at 06:47 PM.

  5. #15
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    It is not that uncommon really. DHEA can also bind to ERb as well yet is androgenic (and a precursor to DHT as well) and stimulates 5AR. A lot of variables are in play like how strongly it binds, dosage etc.

    DHEA metabolites activate estrogen receptors alpha and beta


    One of your herbs does as well (schizandra)

    Extracts from Schizandra chinensis fruit activate estrogen receptors: a possible clue to its effects on nitric oxide-mediated vasorelaxation. - PubMed - NCBI
    Hopefully Nostrum chimes in here soon. This has been a great discussion.

    I guess when I think estrogen receptor, I think that only estrogen or estrogen like hormones/substances would bind to and activate it. It seems counter intuitive that an androgen would bind to an estrogen receptor. I wonder what the biological purpose of this would be?

    But, back to my original question, which is do the DHT precusor's actually get "used" prior to becoming DHT? If the differences in isomers are "felt" prior to becoming DHT, this would lead one to believe that they are actually being utilized in some way before becoming the target hormone. Otherwise we would just strictly feel the action of DHT, not the isomers.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.
    If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.

  6. #16
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Well damn...aren't you handy to have around....lol.

    It seems have you been extremely under utilized over here?

    Okay, so then regardless of the isomer, the end result is DHT, but differences in the isomer account for the different feel of the hormone. So then actually does that mean that the hormone is being utilized before it turns into DHT because of the feelings given by the different isomers? Because if we would just feel the end result, or the target hormone, then we would just be feeling DHT, not the differences caused by the alpha or beta isomer, correct?
    Essentially, yes, there is some binding to androgen receptors in the brain by the unconverted hormones.
    Cdsnuts and delsolrob like this.

  7. #17
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostrum420 View Post
    Essentially, yes, there is some binding to androgen receptors in the brain by the unconverted hormones.
    Okay....that makes perfect sense as there would be no other way for those difference to be felt otherwise.

    I'm now curious as to what happens to them after they bind and illicit their effects in the cells? Do they then get used again as they continue on the chain of transformation? Or once it's bound, it's used as is and then that's it?
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-21-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.

  8. #18
    Board Admin Feedback Score 0 delsolrob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    55
    good thread here! Thanks Nos and CD!
    Swill likes this.

  9. #19
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by delsolrob View Post
    good thread here! Thanks Nos and CD!
    Wow....you're alive Rob.

    Would still love to know the answer to this question here.
    If you are persistent, you will get it. If you are consistent, you will keep it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •