User Tag List

Threaded View

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O.N.- (living in Australia) I did not realise that you were getting no sun at all, so in that case and I asume that you are quite big so on your size as pman42 pointed is not really sky high; and I would asume that you may even reduce dosage eventually.

pman- I will change my earlier statement and I would say that 500 IU is high, but not sky high. I agree with your post- as for reasons for not having enough vit d trough sun- I would add that even some bathing chemicals, chlorinated water reduce absorption to zero sometimes, apparently bathing in outdoors swimming pool can prevent absorption for day or two
    We need our natural oil on skin for vit d absorption, adding olive oil is good and it benefits bones more.

As for dosage I was never against multiple 1000, I said from 1000 IU to 3000 IU a day should be enough for "normal" people. Now, there are cases when people dont get sun where they can take bit more, but if they have to take a more than 5000IU- there is some underlying issue, and pumping vit d wont solve the problem. That's all.
    So as conclusion I would say that considering all, I can increase my own recommended dose, somewhere between 1000- 5000 IU, all evidence suggest that adding more than that yields no more benefits, and increase some potential risks.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 02-23-2013 at 04:31 AM.