Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolazice View Post
    How would you anti-gun guys handle things like deer over-population if it wasn't for hunters helping the problem? In a city near me - there is a concentration of 33 deer per square mile. This is the cause of the highest rate of car-deer accidents in Ohio, among other problems.
    Ever heard of a bow and arrow?
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Ever heard of a bow and arrow?
    Yep, I have. A gun provides a quicker and slightly more humane death to the animal, IMO. Also, guns are more likely to actually end the animals life rather than it escaping injured but not fatally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I have. A gun provides a quicker and slightly more humane death to the animal, IMO. Also, guns are more likely to actually end the animals life rather than it escaping injured but not fatally.
    There's nothing humane about arbitrarily killing an animal simply due to inconvenience. Your post made it appear as though your position was that there isn't another method besides a gun, which is far from true.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's nothing humane about arbitrarily killing an animal simply due to inconvenience. Your post made it appear as though your position was that there isn't another method besides a gun, which is far from true.
    It isn't only a matter of inconvenience... people are dying in some of these accidents. My brothers neighbor died last summer in an accident involving hitting a deer.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't only a matter of inconvenience... people are dying in some of these accidents. My brothers neighbor died last summer in an accident involving hitting a deer.
    So you want to remove deer because of the deaths they cause but not guns?

WHAT THE FUCK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    So you want to remove deer because of the deaths they cause but not guns?

WHAT THE FUCK.
    The population needs to be controlled, not eliminated. I thoroughly enjoy seeing wildlife as it was intended to be, but deer can't be running around, in abundance, with the amount of traffic and the dense population of people in certain areas. It's not safe for the deer or us.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The population needs to be controlled, not eliminated. I thoroughly enjoy seeing wildlife as it was intended to be, but deer can't be running around, in abundance, with the amount of traffic and the dense population of people in certain areas. It's not safe for the deer or us.
    if 33 in a sq miles too much then what??? a family of 4
    control and eradicate are not the same to me.......put up a fence

again up here we have way more deer im quite sure

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You missed my point. You see deer running in front of a cars as an issue that must be addressed. In the year 2000 (only statistic I could find) 200 people in the US died in a deer-related car accident. Chicago will top that alone this year in gun homicides. Yet you want to address deer, and think that guns are fine. That was my WHAT THE FUCK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked into the death via automobile accident from deer, but I'm fairly confident that it doesn't begin to approach deaths from guns.

FYI, I live in an area filled with deer (I see them daily in a field adjacent to my residence) and have never been in an accident involving one. I also do not know of anyone that has died as a result of hitting a deer.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't looked into the death via automobile accident from deer, but I'm fairly confident that it doesn't begin to approach deaths from guns.

FYI, I live in an area filled with deer (I see them daily in a field adjacent to my residence) and have never been in an accident involving one. I also do not know of anyone that has died as a result of hitting a deer.
    Glad to hear it! Hope you live your entire life without either of those things occurring!!! I've personally hit deer and a statistically large number of people I know have as well. Heck, my brother hit 2 deer (and totaled both vehicles) in a 10 day period about 15 years ago.