Quote Originally Posted by Rulk View Post
I think Silva underestimated Weidman and paid the price. I have to admit, I was scared for Silva as Weidman worked his ground game. Silva took at least a couple of hard shots on the bottom, but to his credit, fended off 2 leg locks and worked back to his feet. Standing up I thought Weidman was getting the better of the two, and although I was excited to see Silva "clown around", I thought Chris was getting the better of him yet again, and that Silva should have abandoned the antics and fight hard. When he got clipped and then ko'd, I was shocked.

Leading up to the fight, I had to figure out if the UFC was just hyping the crap out of Weidman to really sell this fight, as Weidman is not as recognizable and as bankable a name as others. The high lights of Weidman showed potential for sure, but I was just not that convinced yet. After so many authorities were commenting on how Weidman was "the one", I started to believe the hype, and after watching him take out Silva, I am a firm believer he truly was a terrible match.

If Silva does decide to take the rematch, i'll be rooting for Silva, but other than that, good job to Chris.

Up next for Weidman, i'd like to see Vitor get a crack. Although Vitor's weakness is against wrestlers, I still think he's a good test for Weidman's first defense.

And as for the 10 fights left on Silva's contract, it seems like several potential superfights lost a lot of appeal. I'd like to see Silva go up to 205 and use his superior speed and build up a challenge for the belt.
Vitor will have to get off TRT first as he won't get an exemption in the US since he pissed hot against Hendo back in the Pride days.