User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It shouldn't be an issue if the SP acts locally rather then systemically.
    But if it acts locally, it probably isn't the sp causing the regrowth.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    But if it acts locally, it probably isn't the sp causing the regrowth.
    Can 5ar not be just inhibited in the scalp topically? I know certain tissues have more or less of the enzyme depending on their function. We both know systemically is absolutely not the way to go.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be inhibited locally but its incredibly active all over the body, so I doubt it'd stop dht binding to the receptors in the scalp unless you occupied the receptors with some kinda anti androgen. (Keto, RU, Spiro etc). Personally I don't think its worth the risk really.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    It can be inhibited locally but its incredibly active all over the body, so I doubt it'd stop dht binding to the receptors in the scalp unless you occupied the receptors with some kinda anti androgen. (Keto, RU, Spiro etc). Personally I don't think its worth the risk really.
    I was under the impression that DHT dependent tissues got the hormone from 5ar in those tissues. Such that the conversion happened in the actual area in which it was needed. I'm obviously not an endocrinologist, but this is why blocking 5ar systemically is a bad idea. You starve ALL tissues of DHT. Again, I've been out of the loop on this stuff, happily, for the past couple years.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I was under the impression that DHT dependent tissues got the hormone from 5ar in those tissues. Such that the conversion happened in the actual area in which it was needed. I'm obviously not an endocrinologist, but this is why blocking 5ar systemically is a bad idea. You starve ALL tissues of DHT. Again, I've been out of the loop on this stuff, happily, for the past couple years.
    I think -some- is, but it circulates in the bloodstream anyway, so it would make it to the scalp regardless. Think shedding from a dht prohormone.