User Tag List

Threaded View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swill View Post
    I undertook a medically supervised water fast in California at the same place as CD, and there they militantly push an SOS (salt oil sugar) free vegan diet. They lecture you on it, and refer to eating meat as 'decaying animal flesh,' milk as 'coagulated cow puss' etc... you get the picture.

My take is that there are certainly worse diets out there... the doc specifically looking after me was in his 70's and bounding up and down stairs like a 20 year old, but I don't consider it to be optimal, particularly from a hormonal perspective, which is a large part of what we are looking to correct. These people dont 'look' the healthiest, they looked 'pasty' and like they lacked strength, and the healthiest looking guy working there with a little muscle mass admitted to me that he eats meat on occasion when nobody else was around (they want all their staff to subscribe to that lifestyle).

As I say, i think theres far worse (the 'standard american diet', etc) but if you're talking optimal there is no need to be that restrictive.
    Interesting, do those people eat or avoid grains, beans etc? Do they cook their food?

People trying to get me to go Vegan "for the animals" never really appealed to me, I care a lot more about my health. But if there's a possiblility of it being healthier, that makes me think about it.
    I certainly understand why we would need meat for the hormonal reasons in our situation, but once we are out of that, Paleo still the way to go for you?
    Last edited by Benq123; 05-07-2017 at 09:10 AM.