Hybrid View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kknd269 View Post
    Hi all,

Hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving.

I recently started doing gym after few weeks of self weight training. I only have time in the morning for it becasue of work. I know for carb backloading you consume carbs only after your training and it should be P.M time.
    Does the training time matter in terms of the effect of carb backloading? I go to gym in the morning and take my protein shake after (no carbs until dinner)
    You will get a better response to backloading if the backload is done an hour and a half after the workout. The more time that passes, the more insulin resistant you become. That being said, you still get results. Just make sure you wait until the end of the day to consume your carbs.

I typically work out late morning to early afternoon and I backload at night. (which is the only time to backload) But there is a definite difference by working out later in the day and then slamming a huge backload at dinner time and beyond for the rest of the night. The closer to the workout the backload is, the more you're going to get funneled directly into your muscles with the least amount of spillover into fat cells.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 12-06-2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"