Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
I appreciate the details. One last thing, did you use anything specifically to wash the fresh produce, or did you just run all of it under cold water before throwing it in the blender? I imagine some kind of natural produce wash would be ideal..idk maybe not.
This is the main reason I recommend organic for feasting purposes. No chemicals and you just have to give them a quick rinse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis View Post
I broke my 2-week cleanse first on orange juice with pulp, then yoghurt and whole fruit, but by the evening I was straight back onto my regular foods (paleo obviously). Probably wasn't wise, but I didn't have any negative effects whatsoever (apart from maybe feeling fuller on a little less food).

The juice cleanse is an excellent opportunity to find out if you've got any food sensitivities though - you may want to wait a couple of weeks before reintroducing dairy, to see if you feel any different when you eventually do. Most people in the Western world probably haven't gone 10 days in their life without consuming dairy in one form or another.

If you've recently been experiencing any recurring digestive issues or autoimmune-like symptoms, you may even want to go the whole hog and try an Autoimmune Protocol-style reintroduction period for various food groups. While juice-feasting, if you're not consuming any nightshades you'll be avoiding all the known trigger-foods, and once you stop blending your fruits and vegetables, and add meat/fish back into your diet, you'll basically be on the strictest version of the AIP diet already. I've never really had any digestive issues that didn't clear up when I went paleo and this was a little too extreme for me, but I know English was big on his gut health and felt it played an instrumental part in his recovery.
They say the gut is the "second brain"