User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Recovery Journey

Hello everyone, after silently reading this forum for a few months I feel that it is time I finally post myself. I got hit with sides after taking saw palmetto for 3 weeks back in September. After stopping the sides continued and got worse due to constant stress and reading of horror stories online. In November I started on a paleo diet and in late January I jumped on the protocol.

My routine since then which is CDs with a few things added from Maxouts:
    Wim Hof breathing
    Skin Brushing
    Getting at least 30 minutes of sun on sunny days
    Cold showers
    Paleo with gluten free carbs at night (mainly sweet potatoes and sorghum pancakes)
    Lift 4 days a week sometimes more with HIIT sprints 1 to 2 times a week
    Herb rotation from CDs list (Pine Pollen, Tongkat Ali, Eulethro, Ant, Mucuna, Horny Goat Weed, Pine Pollen Tincture, Ashwaganda, Cistanche, Schisandra Berry, Rhodiola, and Cordyceps) all herbs are from lost empire and the only one taken daily is Pine Pollen (3 tablespoons)
    Supplements: Magnesium Glycinate at night, Chorella or Spirulina, Vitamin D 10,000 IU, Boron 6mg, Tyrosine and Citrulline daily from nutrabio, ltheanine with coffee

I have made great progress physically since I started this. Also have put on some muscle. Still have brain fog, depression, and not much libido but it is inconsistent and some days I feel really good. If I could just get this brainfog gone for good this wouldn't really even effect my life much. It seems to come and go randomly and I get pretty down when it’s there.

Also before starting I did 14 days of only green smoothies, after some more reading on CDs site I see that they were supposed to be juices. Should I do it again except the correct way with green juices this time? What do you guys think? I will do it if neccesary just worried about losing some of my physical progress. Before I did the green smoothies I had been on a strict paleo diet for 2 months and did a 3 day water fast before that)

Thanks for reading everyone, any advice would be appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason my original post got deleted but CD saw you responded this "I would say that you can probably get away with a green smoothie cleanse if that is all that you were taking in. How many a day (quarts) and aside from the greens, what other fruits did you include in them? For someone who's never cleansed before, that will still be a very cleansing period. You're just not shutting down the digestion as much seeing as your body still has to process all of that roughage."

I took in about 5 or 6 quarts a day, I don't remember the exact amount but enough so that I was never really hungry. Other fruits included were mainly apples and grapes with the occasional kiwi, pear or watermelon.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MickMan View Post
    For some reason my original post got deleted but CD saw you responded this "I would say that you can probably get away with a green smoothie cleanse if that is all that you were taking in. How many a day (quarts) and aside from the greens, what other fruits did you include in them? For someone who's never cleansed before, that will still be a very cleansing period. You're just not shutting down the digestion as much seeing as your body still has to process all of that roughage."

I took in about 5 or 6 quarts a day, I don't remember the exact amount but enough so that I was never really hungry. Other fruits included were mainly apples and grapes with the occasional kiwi, pear or watermelon.
    The post was odd as it said "moderated" next to it but I didn't touch it?

Okay....so that's alot of roughage. Of course your weren't hungry.

It's really up to you and how bad off you are. The smoothies aren't as cleansing as the juice feast or water fast. The cleansing is alot different when there is nothing for the digestive system to process.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last 3 days (Sat/Sun/Mon) I felt really good, not 100% but good enough to where I don’t think about my recovery that much and can just live life. Today though about an hour after waking up brain fog came over me and I went back to just feeling sort of out of it. This keeps happening, a stretch of feeling normal mentally followed by a stretch of feeling out of it, repeat. My other symptom is not much libido but sensitivity has greatly improved since starting the protocol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the tribulus terrestris 60% steroidal saponins from NutraBio safe to use? Also have been intermittent fasting most days but wondering if the herbs I take in the morning are breaking the fast?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Is the tribulus terrestris 60% steroidal saponins from NutraBio safe to use? Also have been intermittent fasting most days but wondering if the herbs I take in the morning are breaking the fast?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Technically, yes, but seeing as intermittent fasting isn't technically part of the protocol, and herb rotation is, it's not a big deal. Plus the amount of material ingested is tiny.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Had a great week long stretch last wednesday through this wednesday. Yesterday and today though I’ve been dealing with brain fog and lethargy though. Very frustrating, everytime I think the mental sides are gone and I can just wait for my sex drive to get back to normal they come back. Should mental sides be gone completely before starting Andro? Was planning on starting in early June as that would be 4 months rotating herbs.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: Had a great week long stretch last wednesday through this wednesday. Yesterday and today though I’ve been dealing with brain fog and lethargy though. Very frustrating, everytime I think the mental sides are gone and I can just wait for my sex drive to get back to normal they come back. Should mental sides be gone completely before starting Andro? Was planning on starting in early June as that would be 4 months rotating herbs.
    Negative, you can run it with mental sides. I still had them when I ran my first cycle.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Negative, you can run it with mental sides. I still had them when I ran my first cycle.
    Thanks man, that’s good to hear. You’re a big inspiration to me. Whenever I’m feeling down I go back and read through your recovery posts to keep me going.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man, that’s good to hear. You’re a big inspiration to me. Whenever I’m feeling down I go back and read through your recovery posts to keep me going.
    No problem. And glad it can be of assistance to you in a tough time - just keep at it, and you'll be there before you know it.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.