Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dutasteride Recovery Log

Quote Originally Posted by covfefe42 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, and wanted to start a log to document my road to recovery from hell!

I was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia, low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also occasionally get hit with pretty bad depression/anxiety and have seen some penile changes such as more veiny, etc.

It seems like my symptoms have improved a bit since first crashing in the beginning of August. I started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout. I also had cold/lifeless dick, which is now functional occasionally! However, I still have a long road to get back to baseline, and I still crash every 2-4 weeks where my symptoms all simultaneously get much worse for about a week.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse!

My first question is, how strict do we have to be with being low carb? I saw on TMO that we're allowed to eat fruit, but it's also recommended to eat low carb and high protein/fat. What would be the happy medium here? Thanks and I hope to join you all on the other side!!
    Sup dude. Don’t include fruits in the whole carb backloading thing, look at it like it’s protein or a veggie. You can eat that through the day. I think the backloading is more for compelx carbs like pasta, rice, bread etc...

When you get far in recovery, to the point where your digestive health is good; & more intense in your training, you could actually throw some cheat meals in your backloading window..

Me personally I follow the diet breakfast and lunch, after I lift I eat a healthy carby meal......but after that through the night...straight whatever the fuck I want, I need all the calories I can get.... but I started this recently, im a year and change into the game & I don’t feel these things change my state like it would in the beginning. Same with alcohol even though I’m not a big drinker.. all the shit that’s bad for you I just put it in the backloading window.. which is pretty easy to follow tbh.

It’s at the end of the day too after I work and lift so mentally I feel like I “earned it” when I pig out at night.

Still, be STRICT in the early stages. At least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RickTheRuler; 10-15-2019 at 08:22 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 covfefe42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    Sup dude. Don’t include fruits in the whole carb backloading thing, look at it like it’s protein or a veggie. You can eat that through the day. I think the backloading is more for compelx carbs like pasta, rice, bread etc...

When you get far in recovery, to the point where your digestive health is good; & more intense in your training, you could actually throw some cheat meals in your backloading window..

Me personally I follow the diet breakfast and lunch, after I lift I eat a healthy carby meal......but after that through the night...straight whatever the fuck I want, I need all the calories I can get.... but I started this recently, im a year and change into the game & I don’t feel these things change my state like it would in the beginning. Same with alcohol even though I’m not a big drinker.. all the shit that’s bad for you I just put it in the backloading window.. which is pretty easy to follow tbh.

It’s at the end of the day too after I work and lift so mentally I feel like I “earned it” when I pig out at night.

Still, be STRICT in the early stages. At least a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome thanks for the encouraging reply Rick!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petty3112 View Post
    Hey man. Sounds like my experience almost to a T after quitting Dutasteride. Do you think the digestive issues are linked to PFS? I've had some symptoms that resemble IBS recently and I'm not sure if it points back to PFS. But it's easy to get suspicious...
    I'm not 100% sure but I had no problems before quitting Dut. And based on what I've researched about PFS from this forum, it seems like the gut/GI tract has a lot to do with it, so I think it's more likely than not related