Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
Are you a lawyer?

Summer associate positions are for law students. And paralegal work would not help - paralegals handle administrative tasks, not law practicing tasks.

I’m fully up to speed on my practice areas, and am already actively practicing in them, at a high level. I’m already up to speed so that’s not my issue.

Not really going to say what practice areas I’m in because then it gets incredibly easy to out myself.

My caffeine intake is zero. I am ultra-sensitive to caffeine and if I have one cup of coffee at 11 AM, I feel a strong buzz from it, but then I won’t feel sleepy until 3 or 4 AM. Because of that, I almost never have anything with caffeine.
Things are different in the UK in that case. I've completed several equivalences to summer associate positions, so far, and they accept people irrespective of when they graduated, if they have even graduated yet. Moreover, the reason I brought up the paralegal stuff up is that I know plenty of friends who were first paralegals and then took on their legal training and became lawyers, thanks to the experience they gained.

I was mistaken with your current situation, however. I assumed that your current job was not related to the legal profession in anyway, and that you had taken a long hiatus from working as a lawyer since law school, and that you may instead have had to start again as a 1st yr associate. If you are confident in your abilities to head your own firm, and in your knowledge of the law, and if indeed you're operating in a very niche field (I say that because you mentioned that you would easily be compromised if you mention the practice) then all the best to you! Let me know how it goes of course, I'm keen to know how it will work out for you.

Anyway, enough waffling about law, I do remember you said a while ago that you were very sensitive to stimulants. I must admit to have forgotten that. Did this occur after PFS or was this an issue before as well? I happen to also be quite sensitive to stimulants. I'll take 100mg of caffeine at 1 or 2 PM and be hyper focused on work until 1 AM.