User Tag List

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having big problems cancelling my old RetroFitness gym membership. The contract says you can write to the HQ, which then replied that only the original club can accept the cancellation. I’m going to call the club and see if I can cancel with them by certified letter, or if they’re really going to pull some bullshit and make me take a train all the way up there to hand them a letter in person (only to be told, probably, that the owner or manager is not there and therefore it doesn’t count.) If they keep giving me the run-around I’m going to contact the Attorney General’s office and/or file a notice of arbitration with them. It will cost them thousands of dollars and they would probably rather cancel the contract than go through with that. But it’s just an annoying pain to be charge $20/mo when it should be so much easier to cancel.

Also my old landlord is trying to pull some BS and illegally withhold part of my security deposit, so that’s fun.

Symptom-wise I am in a downswing. Need to wait a bit longer to restart my exercising because the sweat etc is not good for my wounds and I need to take it eas until September 25th.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    Having big problems cancelling my old RetroFitness gym membership. The contract says you can write to the HQ, which then replied that only the original club can accept the cancellation. I’m going to call the club and see if I can cancel with them by certified letter, or if they’re really going to pull some bullshit and make me take a train all the way up there to hand them a letter in person (only to be told, probably, that the owner or manager is not there and therefore it doesn’t count.) If they keep giving me the run-around I’m going to contact the Attorney General’s office and/or file a notice of arbitration with them. It will cost them thousands of dollars and they would probably rather cancel the contract than go through with that. But it’s just an annoying pain to be charge $20/mo when it should be so much easier to cancel.

Also my old landlord is trying to pull some BS and illegally withhold part of my security deposit, so that’s fun.

Symptom-wise I am in a downswing. Need to wait a bit longer to restart my exercising because the sweat etc is not good for my wounds and I need to take it eas until September 25th.
    I'm a retro member as well they are a pain to deal with.