Quote Originally Posted by Flapjack View Post
@Outlaw Thank you man, will do with that advice and report down the line.

I think there is a confluence of a lot of issues that lead to this. As a longtime T sufferer, and having gone through all the precautions with hearing protection at live music, this whole situation really raises some questions, as the overall intensity and length of noise exposure I experienced wasn’t very significant. I feel like there is some invisible factor in all of this, one likely stemming from PFS, perhaps an illness I contracted, the B vitamin yeast, or maybe some drugs/substances I came into contact with that night etc., along with the noise exposure.

In terms of recovery, doing pretty good, plateaued a little bit due to regaining a sense of normalcy and eschewing some of the more strict aspects of the protocol, but this new situation has set me straight. Most of my pfs symptoms had greatly abated, my biggest issues being chronic fatigue/derealization and lack of sexual desire. I’d say for all of those, I was hovering around 70-90% of my pre-fin baseline. Overall, I was really happy with where I was at. Those still hold true but my ears are really getting me down and I’m having a rough time right now, despite landing an awesome new job and other positive developments in my life. Really hoping to feel normal again. I have every reason to celebrate and yet I’m in a hole, I’m 25 and my dreams require me not having blaring ringing in my ears
That's possible. The only thing I can tell you is that all those potential explanations you listed can be relieved by taking care of the cause. At first I thought PFS had damaged my ears, because it's known to lower gluthatione, which is the biggest (and most protective) antioxidant in the body. But over the months, I had a handful of days with barely any T, which ruled it out. So what I'm trying to say is, even if it's caused by PFS, I don't think there's any ''damage'', and it's something that can be fixed. Trust me, that's coming from a guy who had blaring tinnitus and spent around 7 months housebound because he couldn't tolerate the sounds of cooking eggs.

And that's awesome for your progress man. I understand the ear frustration and it's probably not what you want to hear, but even if the worst case scenario happens and you get out of PFS only with tinnitus remaining, it's still huge. But if you read my posts, you know I'm the first one to understand your perspective. My career is music and I haven't done any music since that B vitamin/dentist last year.

Given my experiences so far and the windows I had, I don't think this is long-lasting man. Just buckle up, eat a balanced diet and hit the protocol for a couple months to rule out any systemic cause. Sending you good vibes bud