Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: SHBG questions

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    I haven't really heard of anyone dealing with suppression from dht prohormones and I've read pretty much every log, thread and discussion I can find on the internet.

Guess I should chime in, running androhard v3 at 4 caps a day ATM. Works out about 800mg a day of actives I believe. Five days in so not much to report yet
    800mg of actives means nothing to me - is that alot? What is it in comparison to normal DHT levels? Also, you say five days in so not much to report - what do reckon it takes more than 5 days to kick in and make you feel it then? I thought any effects would happen hours after taking it. I am definitely feeling much sharper in the mind, i thought i had totally kicked the brain fog, but it seems i got used to it to a degree as i am feeling all clever again now!!

Regards my question on estrogen, Jelisej is the man i reckon - where's he gone?- bloody Serbians!! - Hey that's a joke by the way Jel, i very much want to keep you on my side!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It will cause minimal suppression. As a matter of fact I felt as if I didn't even need a pct after running that product. Definitely do your pct, I'm just sayin. Also that product in particular is dosed rather low compared to others. (Androhards)

Any kind of exogenous hormone will cause some sort of suppression.

Maybe someone with more indepth knowledge can answer your other questions.
    Well that's music to my ears as i am enjoying feeling sharper yet i can't help worrying about suppression.

CD, when you take the pro-hormones, do you keep cycling the T boosters?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, one more question on DHT prohormones - If they're not particularly suppressive, is it not OK to take a third of the dose permanently? That would be a very low dose but would supplement natural DHT levels nicely, and i think i am right in saying that supplementing DHT only increases natural conversion from T to DHT.
    I imagine the answer is no otherwise everyone would be doing it, but why not?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Well that's music to my ears as i am enjoying feeling sharper yet i can't help worrying about suppression.

CD, when you take the pro-hormones, do you keep cycling the T boosters?
    No!! When you're taking exogenous hormones it doesn't make sense to use the T boosters. Stop them. And really, you shouldn't worry about suppression on your cycle. To put it in perspective, All six tabs of Alpha hard only comes to around 300mg of actives compared to the 800 plus for AH.

You're going to:

Cycle
    PCT
    T booster regimen.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-20-2015 at 02:24 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    800mg of actives means nothing to me - is that alot? What is it in comparison to normal DHT levels? Also, you say five days in so not much to report - what do reckon it takes more than 5 days to kick in and make you feel it then? I thought any effects would happen hours after taking it. I am definitely feeling much sharper in the mind, i thought i had totally kicked the brain fog, but it seems i got used to it to a degree as i am feeling all clever again now!!

Regards my question on estrogen, Jelisej is the man i reckon - where's he gone?- bloody Serbians!! - Hey that's a joke by the way Jel, i very much want to keep you on my side!
    I always felt the hormones within HOURS of taking them. Unfortunately like some others I've helped, usually when they don't feel the boost that you and I felt it means they typically don't respond for some reason.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, one more question on DHT prohormones - If they're not particularly suppressive, is it not OK to take a third of the dose permanently? That would be a very low dose but would supplement natural DHT levels nicely, and i think i am right in saying that supplementing DHT only increases natural conversion from T to DHT.
    I imagine the answer is no otherwise everyone would be doing it, but why not?
    I've run half the dose of AHv3 for four months straight at one point and when I came off I could have easily went without a PCT. I always feel it's in your best interest to do the PCT for a variety of reasons. For me though, I loved the way I felt on PCT. The extra boost is always nice and it helps to bring your system back to a nice high set point.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 03-20-2015 at 02:30 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always felt the hormones within HOURS of taking them. Unfortunately like some others I've helped, usually when they don't feel the boost that you and I felt it means they typically don't respond for some reason.
    Just to clarify, I felt "mental" effects from v3 from the first dose, I just feel its not really peaked yet. Its better everyday.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    800mg of actives means nothing to me - is that alot? What is it in comparison to normal DHT levels? Also, you say five days in so not much to report - what do reckon it takes more than 5 days to kick in and make you feel it then?
    Unfortunately, I cannot answer to your question as I dont know enough about any of the prohormones, and I dont like them either and one of the reasons is that things like "800 mg of actives" dont mean anything to me- how much 100 mg or 800 mg will raise DHT levels and how much supression there will be? Your guess is as good as mine, and on top of that not sure if effect is the same on average Joe and on someone who used fina? I really dont know...

What I can tell you is that DHT is supressive, and it depends not just on dosage but also from person to person- I've seen bloodworks with proviron and 25 mg was very mild on some people and mild-to-moderate on others, I think most common effect is that in people with low testosterone levels get less supression than those with higher levels.

From personal experience- I used proviron and masteron- proviron at 25 mg and I did not feel that my HPTA was completely shut, recovery was swift, reason why I used proviron was I had gyno (as result of high E2) and it help to shrink gyno but otherwise other benefits were either insignificant or non-existent.

With masteron was different story- benefits were much more prounounced in every aspect but also sides effect were notable (big time night sweats, hairloss) and HPTA recovery was quite slow- while on proviron I was completely back on track after week with OTC with masteron with proper PCT it took 4 or 5 weeks, cannot remember exact time and details.
    Anyway- you did get point of what I was sayin'- it depends from potency of what are you using.

My personal advice if you going to use than use stuff that is well tested, maybe to try andractim? At least that way you can roughly tell how much you are taking.

As for cycle-PCT-cyle-PCT in my honest opinion, that is nonsense- maybe once or two cycles, after that -either you go natural or you go HRT, because from my experiences more cycles results in lower testosterone levels. Lot of people will disagree with me, but AFAIK there are not many people who done lot of cycles that are OK with their natural hormone levels.

Anyway, regarding cycle-pct- this is my formula: (time on cycle+ PCT) X 2= time off
    there is older bb formula which says: time on cycle=PCT; time on cycle+ PCt= time off
    Last edited by Jelisej; 03-20-2015 at 07:34 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Just to clarify, I felt "mental" effects from v3 from the first dose, I just feel its not really peaked yet. Its better everyday.
    The effect (among other stuff) depends on active/half life- for example if one uses testosterone suspension he will feel effect after few hours, if using test propionate it will be day or two... etc or if one is using T3 he can feel effect in few hours, but if one is using T4 because of long half life it takes few weeks to reach stable lasma levels and "feel"- when starting T4 people do blood test after 4-5 weeks, while on T3 usally it clears off in less than half a day.
    And most of DHT based PHS have a relatively short active life so effect can be felt quite fast, and short half life is probably one of reason why shutdown is not as bad as with lot of other stuff.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 03-20-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No!! When you're taking exogenous hormones it doesn't make sense to use the T boosters. Stop them. And really, you shouldn't worry about suppression on your cycle. To put it in perspective, All six tabs of Alpha hard only comes to around 300mg of actives compared to the 800 plus for AH.

You're going to:

Cycle
    PCT
    T booster regimen.
    Rinse and repeat.
    Thanks for that, I had stopped the T boosters and was doing it right, just checking as it's been a very long time since reading what you did, and to be honest, i don't want to go back to PH to refresh etc.