User Tag List

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SHBG has already been tested and are those others really needed?

I'd guess DHT is low since I don't make any test.
    I'm not lactating so prolactin is probably ok.
    Also never read anything about having progesterone tested before or during trt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about just ordering the 3 test I have listed to get the ball rolling and to answer some more questions.
    I'm sure once at the endo he/she will want to run there own bloods too so not sure if it needed since I plan to just wait before starting up anything as long as it's a 4wk or less wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I think jel doesn't like the amount of bacon you eat and the sugar binges lol

In reality, you're gonna have a whole new metabolism on test. Your health will be better served with a lot more salad and fruit haha
    Haven't ate bacon or butter in a while but my fats are still high from coconut oil and MCT oil. Sugar has been cut out big time and I'm no longer eating boxes of cereal and loads of candy and all that was still just 1 night a week and not a daily deal. I eat tons of veggies and when I'm inna salad kick I eat massive amounts of salad and mixed veggies.

Really looking forward to seeing how test will effect my body and mental well being. I'd be happier with just being happy again and the rest will just be icing on the cake... Wait I mean dressing on a salad. Lol

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I ment is that I've got a feeling that you are boozing a bit or something, and your sleep is probably problem. There must be something you doing wrong.

With test- remember that ACTH test and ACTH Stimulation is not same thing, and we need ACTH stimulation to see possible cause of problem (if there is one)
    also I would do 4X cortisol test as your circadian rhythm is most likely off, salivary is good
    optionally you can add progesterone which I find helpful, and optionally DHEA(s) together they will show how your (adrenal) hormones metabolise, I would check fT3 and fT4 again, and TSH- altough your thyroid seems to be capable coping, as last result was not that bad, tough we still dont know what fT3 is like, and fT3e is the one that does most of the work.

Also ferritin would come handy to see, I've got a feeling its low. Al other tests IMO are now not needed as we know that HRT is the way, and as you go along you will have to do blood test and adjust protocol.

This thread should give you some insight:
    Blood work, can someone take a look at it please
    Last edited by Jelisej; 12-30-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jelisej View Post
    What I ment is that I've got a feeling that you are boozing a bit or something, and your sleep is probably problem. There must be something you doing wrong.

With test- remember that ACTH test and ACTH Stimulation is not same thing, and we need ACTH stimulation to see possible cause of problem (if there is one)
    also I would do 4X cortisol test as your circadian rhythm is most likely off, salivary is good
    optionally you can add progesterone which I find helpful, and optionally DHEA(s) together they will show how your (adrenal) hormones metabolise, I would check fT3 and fT4 again, and TSH- altough your thyroid seems to be capable coping, as last result was not that bad, tough we still dont know what fT3 is like, and fT3e is the one that does most of the work.

Also ferritin would come handy to see, I've got a feeling its low. Al other tests IMO are now not needed as we know that HRT is the way, and as you go along you will have to do blood test and adjust protocol.

This thread should give you some insight:
    Blood work, can someone take a look at it please

Haven't had a drink in years and have no plan of ever drinking again. I don't abuse or use any drugs. I quit smoking weed.
    I use to do lots wrong and I feel I'm paying for it now but as of today I'm living and treating myself/body better than I ever have and that just makes all of this suck even more. I dump lots of time and effort into bettering myself but with how shitty my body is running it just doesn't show like it should.

My day goes exactly just like this.

Wake up
    Light cardio and/or lifting
    Shower
    Eat
    Work 8-10hrs
    Workout with heavier weights and cardio to warm up
    Eat
    Sleep 6+ hours

I don't see anything wrong with that at all and that's how I've been living for awhile now.

Sleeps been slowly improving and I can feel it's making a nice difference in my energy levels and mood. Haven't had a 1-2pm crash in a bit like I was everyday for months.

I only have carbs 1 night a week and drink nothing but water because I'm to lazy to make tea.

With all of that needed to be tested I think I'll just save my money and wait to see what the endo wants to do and if he/she will be willing to test all that form me because I won't start anything now until I'm under the supervision of a doctor. Don't want to start off on the wrong foot with the endo so I'll just suck it up and wait it out.
    Last edited by Scope75; 12-30-2014 at 11:27 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, continue good work, you need to have a minimum 7.5 hrs a sleep, anything under is harmful, 8-9 hrs is target. Obviously in your situation sleep is not expected to be good, but slowly it will improve.

Yeah, waiting to see what endo says is good idea, I know waiting is horrible but you've suffer for a long time you can survive for a month, and also that period will come handy to add minerals and other stuff to your body as once your HRT/TRT starts demand for it will be increased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm slowly getting better and more sleep the goal is to get 8-10 by going to bed at 9pm and waking up from 5-7am.

Took my vitD this morning and will take the minerals this evening prebed.

I'll be jumping on your selinium, iodine, and etc lay out you've posted before this evening too.

I can handle the wait and like you've said its probably a good thing so I can get very depleted body some much needed vitamins and minerals in it before starting anything.

Just very eager to get to feeling better and that sometimes makes me want to jump head first into things but with a little time and thinking I realize that's not the right way attitude to have.
    I'll be taking it one day at a time and calling today to set up a appointment or be referred to someone who can see me quicker of its a long wait or it waits In between visits will be to long. I want to be able to see my endo within weeks not months.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of using test now and claiming it's the androgel to the endo. You're def gonna need trt so testing all those things might actually be more useful once you have some test in you. Just the way I see it

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can even start with 50 mg a week or so, then when you do get appointment stop using. A week long trough with 50 mg will have you low anyway. You can say you don't feel different etc and concerns about gel transfer. Then endo will be on board right away

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my first referral is booked until June... lol
    Hung up quick and had another referral sent to another endo.
    Fingers crossed ill get an appointment in January if not I'll just have to have another referral sent out.