User Tag List

Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dig the bookend cardio Burly. Sounds like it's already kicking in- pumps and oily skin.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 iron's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    Quick update:

I woke up this morning with what felt like the dreaded "blue balls". I didn't wake with any morning wood, but am suspicious that there may have been some sustained wood attained while I slept. I don't think I have ever had a case this uncomfortable in my life-- it lasted about 4-5 hours and felt like my nuts were in a vice.

Additional update:

H2S made mention of my body composition and the eventual changes from TRT. As embarrassing as the pics are, I decided to take pics this morning and post them here as a sort of record of baseline. I have to tell you guys that I have been out of the gym since June because of work commitments in the summer and then a 4 month illness that began in August. I've necessarily lost plenty of muscle because of this and I'm feeling pretty "average" physique-wise because of it.

The cough that has vexed me for months is nearly gone in a near miraculous fashion and it coincides with my very first injection of testosterone, so it seems to be related to the low test. Time will tell. This is great news to me-- I finally feel like I could breathe while working out and feel "healthy" enough to pursue this again.

*this is where a harry and the henderson jpeg would come in handy ; )

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 iron's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an interesting observation: both days I injected, I was simply not tired at night. Each time, I had to force myself to go to bed around 3am and then only with assistance from sleep aids. I also woke the next morning feeling just fine, as if the additional rest was unneeded.
    *this is where burly becomes a motovational speaker and tells a bunch of tweekers to do testosterone instead of crank

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the towel is the only thing i noticed in that huge post.......sigh

Super Moderator Feedback Score 3 (100%) BBG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was feeling really good today. Went to the gym for the first time since June. It felt really good. The workout was necessarily light and relatively easy.

I did 5 sets for chest, tris, bis, and calves using 30 rep sets for all but calves where I employed 60 rep sets. I bookended the session with a 20 minute brisk walk before and after.

The pump was good and still feels somewhat present even 4 hours post workout.

Baby steps. But important ones.

Oh, one more update: I'm noticing the skin on my forehead is a bit more oily today. This is new. Not greasy or shiny like a teenage boy's complexion. Just feels a bit oilier to the touch.
    Nice update burly. Looking forward to following your journey.
    Super not-not-moderator BBG

Need extra cash? List of "Get Paid To" sites: Make $5 a day

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    the towel is the only thing i noticed in that huge post.......sigh
    Just can't stop thinkin' about the weapon underneath, eh? You better pray we never meet, cuz it would split you in two.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    I dig the bookend cardio Burly. Sounds like it's already kicking in- pumps and oily skin.
    Still hate cardio and think treadmills are an invention of the Devil himself. Nevertheless, it was a good way to ease in and out of the training session. If the past is any indication of the future, I'll ditch that treadmill soon as my workouts pick up (and my knees beg for mercy).
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick add: Scale at gym put me at 184 yesterday. To put this into perspective, I think I was down at about 178 about 3 or 4 weeks ago, which is the lowest I have been in probably 2 years.

At least half of the 6 lbs I seem to have gained is water retention, my gut seemed to grow larger and softer nearly overnight, but doesn't seem to have advanced any further.

Normal trained weight over the past year is between 188-195, and just over a year ago, I was probably a bit over 2 bills but fatter.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an interesting observation: both days I injected, I was simply not tired at night. Each time, I had to force myself to go to bed around 3am and then only with assistance from sleep aids. I also woke the next morning feeling just fine, as if the additional rest was unneeded.
    I am tempted to say that this effect will eventually subside, but I'm not sure given your injection schedule. When I first started TRT, the doc I was seeing then - a GP, who liked to experiment HRT-wise on himself - had me on quarterly, then bi-monthly, then monthly injections of Nebido. Every time I got a shot, I experienced a massive burst of vitality that lasted a few days, during which I didn't sleep much, and my wife started locking herself in another room at night until I'd calmed down after a few days. Then it would rapidly and progressively subside, until the next shot. Now, with the daily topical application I don't have these ups and downs, just a nice high altitude cruising. Wifey still sleeps in a different room, though, after our regular assignations, since I'm still pretty frisky afterwards - just no longer a potential rapist (or maybe it's the snoring?). Looking back on the Nebido experience, I'm glad I have unusually good impulse control - 12 years of parochial school, I guess.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 12-01-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great input, Sperwer. I was sure there was a correlation. Thank you for confirming it. I'm not chasing the wife around the bed yet, but time will tell if it gets to that point.