User Tag List

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 TubZy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer grass-fed gelatin that I put in tea or just hot water and drink it before bed. It has naturally high amounts of glycine but also proline which both repair the gut, skin and joints. So you got the best of both worlds. I started with just isolated glycine but switched to gelatin due to more benefits. Only thing is that it is only hot water soluble so it can be a pain to mix if you don't drink coffee, tea etc. often.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    I prefer grass-fed gelatin that I put in tea or just hot water and drink it before bed. It has naturally high amounts of glycine but also proline which both repair the gut, skin and joints. So you got the best of both worlds. I started with just isolated glycine but switched to gelatin due to more benefits. Only thing is that it is only hot water soluble so it can be a pain to mix if you don't drink coffee, tea etc. often.
    I like this idea Tubz. This combined with skin brushing, avoiding personal care products and the generous intake of raw greens will take "skin glow" to the next level I believe. I've already been told on more then one occasion by more then a few women that I have the softest skin they've ever felt on a man. They love it. Not to mention the other benefits on joints and gut. Good skin is a great indicator of health and youth. I've also been told I look way younger then my almost 40 years.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang. 9g is a lot, I would tone that back down to 6. I'm going to add gelatin to my green smoothie now too, another good add-on.

I can also totally relate to skin quality reflecting health - my skin was absolute shit with dark circles under my eyes about 7 months ago. Much, much better now. Still have dark circles but I'm pretty sure I've always had them.....
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TubZy View Post
    My plan was to mix the glycine powder and l-glutamine powder together, but this is probably even better. I might even do all 3.

Doing this at night really is fantastic for you, as your gut isn't having to process anything while you provide it with what it needs to heal.

Along that same line of thinking, I've been considering doing a bone broth/gelatin fast for a day or two to really settle down my inflammation.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    My plan was to mix the glycine powder and l-glutamine powder together, but this is probably even better. I might even do all 3.

Doing this at night really is fantastic for you, as your gut isn't having to process anything while you provide it with what it needs to heal.

Along that same line of thinking, I've been considering doing a bone broth/gelatin fast for a day or two to really settle down my inflammation.

If you feel like you've still got inflammation, I'd try a bone broth fast for a couple days or just do another week long juice feast....should be cleansed well by then.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    If you feel like you've still got inflammation, I'd try a bone broth fast for a couple days or just do another week long juice feast....should be cleansed well by then.
    Definitely still have inflammation. Google severe ulcerative colitis if you have the balls to see what inside me looks like lol.

I had a thought about possibly doing a hybrid juice feast/bone broth fast. The bone broth actually has a decent amount of protein, and the juice keeps your blood sugar from being too low, so together I think they could make for a cleanse that's sustainable for much longer than doing either one independently. Maybe even add coconut/olive oil in there too for some fat, and round out your
    macro-nutrients?

I'd be curious to hear CD's opinion on this...at some point you'd just be doing an all liquid diet as opposed to a true cleanse, but it would be increasingly sustainable the more liquid foods you added.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 09-30-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I like this idea Tubz. This combined with skin brushing, avoiding personal care products and the generous intake of raw greens will take "skin glow" to the next level I believe. I've already been told on more then one occasion by more then a few women that I have the softest skin they've ever felt on a man. They love it. Not to mention the other benefits on joints and gut. Good skin is a great indicator of health and youth. I've also been told I look way younger then my almost 40 years.
    Funny you mention that haha. I get the same thing all the time. People always say how young I am or always assume I'm way younger than I actually am. Skin and muscles (and hair, well I try lol) and the three things I focus on from a cosmetic standpoint. Skin should be the primary focus though, you are right girls get jealous all the time haha.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's been awhile since I've made a little update.

I'm coming to the finish of my second cycle of R-Andro Rx. I'm at a really good place right now to where I don't think about this near as much as I used to. In my previous posts months ago I mentioned being 70% or 80% recovered, but there's no way that was the case......compared to even those posts, I feel amazing today. I'm not back 100%, but I've made significant strides in the sexual ballpark lately and mentally I'm pretty much as I was before or damn close to it. Continuing the regimen, and I can see myself being where I want to be in the next 6 months or so if my pace continues like it has (next month will be my 6th or 7th month following this regimen 100%....cant remember the exact day I started lol). I look forward to things again, and more importantly my day-to-day thoughts aren't about this shit anymore, and that has been huge I believe....an absolute relief.

I post this update because I won't be around much for the next few months. I want to follow the advice of English to avoid getting into this talk and chatter about this stuff. I don't mind helping guys out but at the moment I've finally got my thoughts back and how they need to be and I'd just prefer to be away from it for a little bit. I wish there was more non-PFS talk going on on the site at the moment to engage in but things are a little slow at the moment. I'm so thankful to CD, English, and everyone who has either helped or supported me through this - it's been a life changing experience, and I'm not even finished yet. I'm a better person, friend, brother, son, and most importantly fiance/boyfriend/husband than I ever would've been before this happened to me. I no longer use the crutch of alcohol to fight inner demons (PTSD and other shit that will go with me for the rest of my life probably) and I genuinely enjoying being, even in a less than optimal state. People who I work with have even commented that it's good to see me "back" and I never even really told them I had anything wrong with me......so that's a good sign right there. Looking back at my lifestyle prior to this - I was slowly killing myself through booze, drugs, shitty sleeping habits, and I was loving every minute of it. Knowing what I know now, I'm confident I will have a much healthier and fulfilling life going forward.

I've been unfortunate that life has thrown me many curveballs in my past, and getting through those definitely helped spark my belief that I could get through this. I had pretty much conquered my PTSD (or at least got to the point where I wasn't significantly bothered by it) in the years before I got slammed with PFS - so this is the second thing I'm slowly laying to rest.

Thank you guys again, so much. I will never be able to repay the amount of gratitude I have for helping me save my life. I have a future to look forward to again, and all of this work I've done and continue to do has been SO, SO WORTH IT.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Well, it's been awhile since I've made a little update.

I'm coming to the finish of my second cycle of R-Andro Rx. I'm at a really good place right now to where I don't think about this near as much as I used to. In my previous posts months ago I mentioned being 70% or 80% recovered, but there's no way that was the case......compared to even those posts, I feel amazing today. I'm not back 100%, but I've made significant strides in the sexual ballpark lately and mentally I'm pretty much as I was before or damn close to it. Continuing the regimen, and I can see myself being where I want to be in the next 6 months or so if my pace continues like it has (next month will be my 6th or 7th month following this regimen 100%....cant remember the exact day I started lol). I look forward to things again, and more importantly my day-to-day thoughts aren't about this shit anymore, and that has been huge I believe....an absolute relief.

I post this update because I won't be around much for the next few months. I want to follow the advice of English to avoid getting into this talk and chatter about this stuff. I don't mind helping guys out but at the moment I've finally got my thoughts back and how they need to be and I'd just prefer to be away from it for a little bit. I wish there was more non-PFS talk going on on the site at the moment to engage in but things are a little slow at the moment. I'm so thankful to CD, English, and everyone who has either helped or supported me through this - it's been a life changing experience, and I'm not even finished yet. I'm a better person, friend, brother, son, and most importantly fiance/boyfriend/husband than I ever would've been before this happened to me. I no longer use the crutch of alcohol to fight inner demons (PTSD and other shit that will go with me for the rest of my life probably) and I genuinely enjoying being, even in a less than optimal state. People who I work with have even commented that it's good to see me "back" and I never even really told them I had anything wrong with me......so that's a good sign right there. Looking back at my lifestyle prior to this - I was slowly killing myself through booze, drugs, shitty sleeping habits, and I was loving every minute of it. Knowing what I know now, I'm confident I will have a much healthier and fulfilling life going forward.

I've been unfortunate that life has thrown me many curveballs in my past, and getting through those definitely helped spark my belief that I could get through this. I had pretty much conquered my PTSD (or at least got to the point where I wasn't significantly bothered by it) in the years before I got slammed with PFS - so this is the second thing I'm slowly laying to rest.

Thank you guys again, so much. I will never be able to repay the amount of gratitude I have for helping me save my life. I have a future to look forward to again, and all of this work I've done and continue to do has been SO, SO WORTH IT.
    Awesome man!!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great motivation maxout, very inspiring. Thank you for this post my dude.