User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah! I hate those guys who push this potentially harmful, unknown, untested stuff on me for the sake of profit.

On an unrelated note when is Mithras coming out?

- - - Updated - - -

OD

Are you refering to syphilis? And are you speaking from experience?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    joining this party late, but this last and pman's post you guys mention that we are getting more sick as a species, aren't we living longer than ever? we are curing and livingwith/managing diseases that killed masses only 100 years ago.
    true, for so many other reasons... we could live even longer if we weren't sabotaging ourselves with this bullshit

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    true, for so many other reasons... we could live even longer if we weren't sabotaging ourselves with this bullshit
    I don't deny that, as a society we also have to start taking an ethical look at how long we should be postponing out lives, and what life is according to quality

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people are living longer because of our advanced medicine and ability to keep them alive. In the past these disease would have killed us
    Following up with what Pman said, our advanced medicine is advanced compared to years before, but at what cost? We have to take drugs for an illness then another drug or 2 to combat the side affects from the 1st drug. And our onslaught use of antibiotics are creating superbugs at an alarming rate. Stuff like this always makes me think of the irony of drugs and the FDA.....steroids bad; pharm drugs with incredible side affects good enough.

On another note, has anyone seen the studies pointing to GMO crops drastically reducing the Monarch butterfly numbers?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    joining this party late, but this last and pman's post you guys mention that we are getting more sick as a species, aren't we living longer than ever? we are curing and living with/managing diseases that killed masses only 100 years ago.
    That depends. The generations before us, parents, grandparents, they were and are living longer then ever. But an alarming trend has developed. For the first time in a long time, the generations after me (I'm gen X) are not slated to outlive their parents. They are sicker then ever. Diabetes is manifesting it self in younger and younger kids. Strokes hare happening to people in their early 30's and 40's, Obesity related diseases have skyrocketed. Have you seen kids lately? It seems like they're almost all fat. When I was a kid we were all stick skinny from running around outside and playing till we were beat. There was always the one odd fat kid in the school. Now, the trend has changed. Most kids are fat and out of shape. The foods stuffs their parents are feeding them out of convenience is ruining them.

So, generally, as a species, if you look at the way our health is now, compared to say 100 years ago, we were much, much healthier and vibrant 100 years ago then we are today at the same age. That's fact. Sure, we can pump ourselves full of pharms and eek out living longer, but what kind of life are we living? People are merely existing like that....not living.

Here's something you guys on this site will appreciate. Did you know that Testosterone levels and sperm counts have dropped by almost 40-50% across the planet in "developed" nations? Thank mass consumption of processed foods and gender bending chemicals in everything from personal care products to cleaning products and industry bioproducts. We are swimming in xenoestrogenic chemicals.

Olddawg....if you took a young guy from say, WWII era, and compared them to a guy the same age today.....it would be a sorry comparison for the today's dude. The WWII guy would have higher Test levels, would be healthier and in better shape without trying. They didn't have the shit we have today. They also didn't have an environment which is polluted ridiculously like we do. They ate real food, real milk, real veggies and fruits. Rarely did they eat anything out of a package.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pman42 View Post
    cdsnuts, i didn't mean to imply that we are getting sicker for no reason. the BIG reason people are getting sick is what they do and don't do: eat too much of the wrong stuff and don't exercise. i don't see this pattern changing. people are too entrenched in their shitty, lazy, gluttonous lifestyles. this is why i think we will need to alter the genome.

and old dawg, people are indeed living longer, but in many cases they are barely living. is this really a life, being afflicted with a chronic, debilitating illness? before, cavemen were killed by spears or wooly mammoths. then early in our civilization it was childbirth and communicable diseases. now it's diseases that we inflict upon ourselves that are the major killers. even the conservative estimates say cancer and heart disease is 60% preventable.
    To me, changing the genome is way, way to far off to be viable. And even so, that's like saying you need to rebuild the car because it's running bad instead of changing the gas your using. Makes more sense to just put what your supposed to in, to get what you want, out.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 BoneDaddy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That depends. The generations before us, parents, grandparents, they were and are living longer then ever. But an alarming trend has developed. For the first time in a long time, the generations after me (I'm gen X) are not slated to outlive their parents. They are sicker then ever. Diabetes is manifesting it self in younger and younger kids. Strokes hare happening to people in their early 30's and 40's, Obesity related diseases have skyrocketed. Have you seen kids lately? It seems like they're almost all fat. When I was a kid we were all stick skinny from running around outside and playing till we were beat. There was always the one odd fat kid in the school. Now, the trend has changed. Most kids are fat and out of shape. The foods stuffs their parents are feeding them out of convenience is ruining them.

So, generally, as a species, if you look at the way our health is now, compared to say 100 years ago, we were much, much healthier and vibrant 100 years ago then we are today at the same age. That's fact. Sure, we can pump ourselves full of pharms and eek out living longer, but what kind of life are we living? People are merely existing like that....not living.

Here's something you guys on this site will appreciate. Did you know that Testosterone levels and sperm counts have dropped by almost 40-50% across the planet in "developed" nations? Thank mass consumption of processed foods and gender bending chemicals in everything from personal care products to cleaning products and industry bioproducts. We are swimming in xenoestrogenic chemicals.

Olddawg....if you took a young guy from say, WWII era, and compared them to a guy the same age today.....it would be a sorry comparison for the today's dude. The WWII guy would have higher Test levels, would be healthier and in better shape without trying. They didn't have the shit we have today. They also didn't have an environment which is polluted ridiculously like we do. They ate real food, real milk, real veggies and fruits. Rarely did they eat anything out of a package.
    Lots of good stuff in this post, as well as some scary stuff. We used to play football DAILY in someones yard as a good and we were allll thin and could run for hours. Not kids today. That's the exception instead of the norm. I've read several studies about the drop in Test in developed countries. Probably explains the burst of metrosexuals in past decades. lol And why do you think these 12 and 13 and 14 year old girls look like 19 year olds with those tits and bodies now? Alllll that shit in our food.........

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoneDaddy View Post
    Following up with what Pman said, our advanced medicine is advanced compared to years before, but at what cost? We have to take drugs for an illness then another drug or 2 to combat the side affects from the 1st drug. And our onslaught use of antibiotics are creating superbugs at an alarming rate. Stuff like this always makes me think of the irony of drugs and the FDA.....steroids bad; pharm drugs with incredible side affects good enough.

On another note, has anyone seen the studies pointing to GMO crops drastically reducing the Monarch butterfly numbers?
    We also are taking medicines for diseases that we are causing ourselves to have in the first place. Poor lifestyle choices = chronic disease = meds = more meds to counter sides from first meds.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'd kick that guy's ass lol. I agree there is so much shit out there, and because it's called food people eat it, the drugs my mom is an example, 100lb overweight, sore back, knees, taking Tylenol 3's all day long, going to the doc to see if he can give her something to make her feel better, yeah, sew her fkn mouth shut for a couple of months. We don't fix problems, we bandaid them. The people of 100 years ago were tougher too cause they had to be to survive. Put someone 1-2 degrees out of their comfort zone either too hot or too cold, and they're freezing or sweating to death, when 100 years ago to get your house 55 degrees in the winter was cozy. In Canada-in Ontario where we have gvt health care, we see these people poisoning themselves, willingly, and then sucking the health care system dry. Personally, I grow much of what I eat on my property, I think in my life, within the next 30 years it may come to people having to do this

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd kick that guy's ass lol.
    Lol. Maybe you would....when was Tren invented?......lol