User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diet Philosophy

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Matt Porter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think naturally thinner, higher string people do rather well with processing carbs, therefore higher carbs and lower fats work well for "cutting."

-Matt
    Pre-Contest Prep Coach/TrueNutrition.com Athlete -Use coupon MATTP
    www.mpasupps.com

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to avoid certain carbs altogether. Flour, even whole grain, and sugar don't do me any favors physique-wise. Both are very efficient "plumpers" in my case.

I sort of fell into a paleoish diet where I avoid the grains/potatoes and eat whatever fresh fruit/nuts/veggies I want. I do however eat oats. My body does a good job of putting the mass where it needs to go when I increase carbs by eating more oats. They're sort of my carb-regulator. I eat more of the stuff when I want to get bigger, and less when I want to get smaller. Also oats are delicious!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting...I've always wondered how much we're genetically predisposed to processing certain foods better then others.

Personally for myself being a 6'1 ectomorph, i can get shredded eating bodyweight in carbs or even a little more if a want, keep the fats low and protein high and i'm pretty much good to go, I'm pretty blessed when it comes to genetics to keep me lean lol so diet has never been much of an issue for me

in conclusion, keto isn't for me. lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my personal philosophy is: eat real food. so in general when I can I try to go with whole foods rather than processed stuff (although I do make use of processed foods like whey protein). everything becomes simple when you do this: a steak is better than a hotdog, oats are better than a muffin, etc. a line of thought new to me was presented in AnneMarie Colbin's Book 'Food and Healing' which was that eating meat without the bones is an incomplete food (terrible book btw). i may start incorporating some bone broth as the people i get grassfed beef from will just give me free bones.

2nd step for me is adjust carbs to activity level. sitting around doin nothing, i do low-carb. workout days, i do higher carb. lookin forward to summer again, hittin the river and ocean and goin for long hikes with the dog with plenty of coconut bars and halva (probably the best-tasting carb source on earth, like manna from heaven)

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Diet Philosophy

Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    Interesting...I've always wondered how much we're genetically predisposed to processing certain foods better then others.

Personally for myself being a 6'1 ectomorph, i can get shredded eating bodyweight in carbs or even a little more if a want, keep the fats low and protein high and i'm pretty much good to go, I'm pretty blessed when it comes to genetics to keep me lean lol so diet has never been much of an issue for me

in conclusion, keto isn't for me. lol
    You are young though. Time changes things in the body. I used to eat like that and stay pretty lean. Today, it's the worst choice for me. 20 years ago I wouldn't have believed it, but sadly my body doesn't burn/ transport carbs the way it used to.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for me, the only way to get really cut is to intermittent fast.

currently doing so, gonna do back and then swim, followed by my first meal of the day which should look like this:Screen shot 2013-03-13 at 4.25.39 PM.jpg

then ill be on cans of tuna and some steamed broccoli fo the day... totalling around 1700 calories. and i barely lose weight when i eat 1700 even at 190 now, it seems my body really just likes to stay where it's at...

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Fat Bill Dwyer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    for me, the only way to get really cut is to intermittent fast.

currently doing so, gonna do back and then swim, followed by my first meal of the day which should look like this:Screen shot 2013-03-13 at 4.25.39 PM.jpg

then ill be on cans of tuna and some steamed broccoli fo the day... totalling around 1700 calories. and i barely lose weight when i eat 1700 even at 190 now, it seems my body really just likes to stay where it's at...
    Have you tried running a cyclic keto diet? Works wonders for me.