Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Hulk, Hope all is going well. I know you have asked in the past how it is possible to regain lost bone mass. I just came across an article in WSJ re: weight training for thinning bones. There was a study performed at an Australian University with 101 post menopausal women with osteoporosis/thinning bones who did high intensity weight training (e.g dead lifts and squats) 2x per week for 8 months. They were able to gain 3% spinal bone mass while the control group, only doing low intensity workouts (not defined), lost another 1.2%. Just think of how that would extrapolate to a relatively young man once they get their hormones back into balance.
    Thanks for the info and keeping me in mind.
    I really appreciate the motivation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis, aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

There's a strong possibility that multiple factors play a role.

Biggest signs are changes in facial feeling, swollen gums, overall bone/joint pain throughout the body, etc...

I'll continue on this later...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis, aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

Biggest signs are changes in facial feeling, swollen gums, overall bone/joint pain throughout the body, etc...

I'll continue on this later...
    According to the research I've done, the bone loss suffered mimics issues like necrosis(bone tissue death), aging, and nutrient/hormone deficiency.

We have a continuous build and break down of our bones throughout life. The build up is greater than the break down till about the age of 30. There are two chemicals responsible for these processes. One chemical either inhibits the break down or aids in the build up (same idea, different method).

This is one factor in losing bone when we age. This could also be a player in the bone loss post crash.
    Most likely the bone issues come about from a complete dysfunction of chemicals and nutrient absorption, due to 5ari.

There is much scientific literature stating that we can strengthen bones and prevent further loss, but bone loss is not recoverable. This is you can find so much stem cell research and gene editing type research to recover bone loss. I'm not saying I agree, but I wouldn't disregard it. I have yet to see concrete evidence of recovered bone loss from pfs. Not trying to stir things up, just my observation...I'm open to being corrected.

However, I have found a few sources (not many) claiming that you can recover bone loss.
    In every case of bone recovery there is are two consistent themes. Heavy lifting as per CD's regimen and strict discipline and time put in to see results.

One thing I've added to the regimen is the herb Rehmannia for good measure. I take it about 3 times a week, often times with another rotated herb. Its good for the bones along with other things and inhibits the chemical that breaks down bones. I think I read that it helps to grow bone back but I'm not sure of this.

I also take 100mg of B2 and B6 twice a day as this has helped the bone pain subside. Not sure of everything it does for bones but it has definitely helped.

Theres another interesting thing I've found which involves a certain diet but I have to look for it again.
    The source claims bone growth due to the diet and exercise.
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-04-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound like a weird question... should I go down half a size for my sneakers?

They've been fitting me looser than before...

Or should I wait it out?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And another question...some of my friends say I look shorter. Is this the norm of the swing of things?
    I know this may sound silly and maybe this question is ridiculous to u CD but ur kinda the unofficial expert on this in my book.
    So I hope you can be patient with these questions that sound out there...

Just found this new study...diet consisting of 25% prunes may reverse bone loss
    Can Prunes Reverse Bone Loss? - Scientific American
    I've always felt like I was shorter during downswings and taller during upswings, personally.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    I've always felt like I was shorter during downswings and taller during upswings, personally.
    yeah now that i'm in an upswing I'm back to feeling tall. think it's mostly psychological. androgens = confidence.

but i can't speak for everyone. also my jaw structure is starting to come back. one of my pfs friends on facebook was like 'wtf are u talking about your face being puffy' when he saw my latest pic
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro did you recover jaw and bone loss?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@durantia I'm hoping it's not just a feeling of being taller, but instead actually is a gain in bone size.

While there are some psychological aspects to pfs, I know for me personally and think that most guys really do experience a physical change in height and overall bone size.

I wont chalk things up to the mind's perception, as this might cause laziness and procrastination. It certainly did in my case. Over time the physical reality grew worse.

I don't think it serves anyone to downplay the very harsh truth of every hormone being turned off, including HGH and the fact that PFS causes perhaps several other issues with bone metabolism. Last I checked, even the foundation didn't mention this let alone any so called doctors.

So to any new people, I suggest you get on top of things immediately at the first signs. It all happens (the deterioration) slowly. Don't end up with the skeletal structure of an out of shape 70 year old or a k-pop star and then wonder if ur ever gonna get it back. As you can see there is no straight answer of this aspect coming back.

I just need to make that clear.
    So everyone has the best chance to recover.
    Last edited by Hulk Smash; 05-11-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@durantia I'm hoping it's not just a feeling of being taller, but instead actually is a gain in bone size.

While there are some psychological aspects to pfs, I know for me personally and think that most guys really do experience a physical change in height and overall bone size.

I wont chalk things up to the mind's perception, as this might cause laziness and procrastination. It certainly did in my case. Over time the physical reality grew worse.

I don't think it serves anyone to downplay the very harsh truth of every hormone being turned off, including HGH and the fact that PFS causes perhaps several other issues with bone metabolism. Last I checked, even the foundation didn't mention this let alone any so called doctors.

So to any new people, I suggest you get on top of things immediately at the first signs. It all happens (the deterioration) slowly. Don't end up with the skeletal structure of an out of shape 70 year old or a k-pop star and then wonder if ur ever gonna get it back. As you can see there is no straight answer of this aspect coming back.

I just need to make that clear.
    So everyone has the best chance to recover.
    What I'm talking about definitely isn't psychological. I get taller and I get better jaw structure, a bigger nose, and bigger stronger teeth during upswings. At this point, most of my life is an upswing of sorts, but these changes are still detectable to my highly trained eye.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    What I'm talking about definitely isn't psychological. I get taller and I get better jaw structure, a bigger nose, and bigger stronger teeth during upswings. At this point, most of my life is an upswing of sorts, but these changes are still detectable to my highly trained eye.
    Bigger teeth?

Bigger Nose?

And taller?

I personally have never experienced shifts like this. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but you can see how this sounds peculiar seeing as these things are made from some of the strongest materials nature can put out. They're not exactly.....plastic, for lack of a better word.

If this is really what you think is happening moreso that just a change in perception (which is the camp I'm in) then I would seriously get measured and keep a log. In regards to height, this can be easily proven.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"