User Tag List

Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So today I focused on Posterior Chains and leg work. Again, since I'm still trying to adapt to this new way of training, please let me know if I overdid something or missed something:

Warmed up with light leg extensions, 2 sets of 15 reps, nice and easy

Sumo squats
    15 x 135
    10 x 225
    10 x 275

Smith Machine (on a mat on the floor) - Pushing all the way up ala leg raises (with great emphasis in the lower back and hams, not sure if there's a name for this movement)
    15 x 70
    10 x 140
    10 x 140

SLDL
    15 x 135 deficits (really slow)
    15 x 135
    15 x 135

GM
    15 x bar
    20 x bar
    25 x bar

Seated Leg Curls
    15 x 55
    12 x 70
    10 x 100
    10 x 100

streteched post chains for awhile

Reverse crunch (back facing weights, and crunching down) supersetted with Pull Throughs
    (could not see the weight, but did about 3 sets of the combo, nice and solid, not too heavy but still heavy, especially the last set)

So that was it, took me close to 90 minutes to get it all done, with a training partner that wanted to try it out also.

So, as I am trying to adapt, what did I overtrain or what should I have focused more on? Friday I will do Post Chains and leg work again, so please let me know what variations I could use, and if today was good or could've been better. My lower back Post chains are DAMN sore!!! But my lower back is not the SAME sore as when I failed the 500's on deadlifts....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still trying to transition from my bodybuilding ways toward powerlifting.

Bench day
    Close Grip Incline Bench
    warm up with bar
    6 x 135
    5 x 185
    2 x 225
    4 x 185

(haven't barbell benched since forever, so bear with me, it's my weakness... I'm used to dumbbells)

Dips
    15 reps
    Weights
    8 x 45
    5 x 70 x 2

Wide Grip Pulldowns
    8 x 200
    6 x 280
    5 x 320
    4 x 380

Chin-up w/ weights
    8 x 25
    5 x 35 x 3

That was it, done in 40 minutes, and walked 5 minutes on the treadmill afterwards.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you really want to transition to PLing, I'd say you need to start out by separating your squats and deadlifts on different days. Also, I think your reps range is too high, even for a rep day (which incorporates the most reps out of all the 3) I rarely exceed 8-10 reps, 12 if I'm feeling like I want to puke. Today we will be training squats with our new PLing coach, RE day, and I already feel like I'm going to puke. We're doing the Boss Cube method, then he incorporates his own training scheme with us after the 3 movements. I almost puked 3 times when we did ME Deads on Monday! We're finishing our entire training session in 60-70 mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    If you really want to transition to PLing, I'd say you need to start out by separating your squats and deadlifts on different days. Also, I think your reps range is too high, even for a rep day (which incorporates the most reps out of all the 3) I rarely exceed 8-10 reps, 12 if I'm feeling like I want to puke. Today we will be training squats with our new PLing coach, RE day, and I already feel like I'm going to puke. We're doing the Boss Cube method, then he incorporates his own training scheme with us after the 3 movements. I almost puked 3 times when we did ME Deads on Monday! We're finishing our entire training session in 60-70 mins.
    Dude, post this workout when you get back from it. And provide as much detail as possible! If you can videotape anything that would also be awesome. In my area NOBODY does powerlifting, and I've been bodybuilding for a decade, so I'm really digging for as much info as I can to see how I can adapt.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you checked powerliftingwatch to see if there's a meet anywhere near you? Thats usually a really good way to find fellow powerlifters, is at a meet.

Happy to see you're still plowing through and testing your metal against the iron my man! Good work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to see you're here as well Sorrow! On this Island (Aruba), there's no powerlifting gyms nor any powerlifters that I know of. And def no powerlifting competitions. Bodybuilding and crossfit are famous here. So I have to learn everything from reading articles online and watching videos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pebblescake.jpg

a box of Marshmellow pebbles, a scoop of combat protein, 1/2 cup of cake mix, and almond milk to make it ''puffy'', in the oven, and there's my lame cake.

Inspired by Scope's waffles. Not as good of a chef, but, I got my carbs down!

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my bad I was thinking you were on the big island.. Sounds like you my brother need to show everyone the path of power!!
    I'm almost always lurking about. Keeping an eye on everybody's progress

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty fucking creative!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Oh my bad I was thinking you were on the big island.. Sounds like you my brother need to show everyone the path of power!!
    I'm almost always lurking about. Keeping an eye on everybody's progress
    You're big support for the SS crew bro! And yeah, I guess I would be the only one who trains for strength

Quote Originally Posted by Scope75 View Post
    That's pretty fucking creative!!!
    I try to imitate the master chef himself , coming from him, that's a valuable compliment