Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    hulk hogan 'REAL AMERICAN'
    he made wrestling, but...........
    stepped on everyone, ego maniac, steroid user, had a reality tv show, cheated on wife with daughter's friend, was videotaped banging his best friend's wife, sued when it was leaked, cocaine and pot addict, attention whore, and so on........'REAL AMERICAN'?
    Sounds like the American way. Success at the expense of others and doing whatever it takes to achieve his/her goal. "It's not personal; it's just business."
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Sounds like the American way. Success at the expense of others and doing whatever it takes to achieve his/her goal. "It's not personal; it's just business."
    Granted, i will say this is not an american phenomenon in my experience. Humanity is just pretty ugly sometimes.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    Granted, i will say this is not an american phenomenon in my experience. Humanity is just pretty ugly sometimes.
    No doubt that it isn't isolated to the US, but these figures get romanticized with only 1/2 of the story told. I will say that the wrestling business as a whole is very, very nasty. Some of the most cutthroat and ruthless people are involved in that business yet very little of it is known to the fans.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally feel that the government is just scared of an uprising, and want to pull high power weapons from the masses.
    They say handguns are ok for self-defense, right? Last I checked, they aren't trying to ban ALL guns.

I fully understand where people are coming from in wanting 'assault' guns banned, and I would agree too if it weren't for my paranoid the-government-is-out-to-get-me attitude. If my government feared me and wasn't abusing it's power, I'd give up high power rifles and assault guns any day.

I don't really think this is about stopping violent shootings and lowering crime. Going back to the story about the hold up at the gas station by my house, the dude had a 9mm pistol, nothing else. Also pulling from the Sandy Hook case, it's now confirmed that pistols were used.

No matter what happens, as long as I can keep my swords and crossbow, I'll manage.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I personally feel that the government is just scared of an uprising, and want to pull high power weapons from the masses.
    They say handguns are ok for self-defense, right? Last I checked, they aren't trying to ban ALL guns.

I fully understand where people are coming from in wanting 'assault' guns banned, and I would agree too if it weren't for my paranoid the-government-is-out-to-get-me attitude. If my government feared me and wasn't abusing it's power, I'd give up high power rifles and assault guns any day.

I don't really think this is about stopping violent shootings and lowering crime. Going back to the story about the hold up at the gas station by my house, the dude had a 9mm pistol, nothing else. Also pulling from the Sandy Hook case, it's now confirmed that pistols were used.

No matter what happens, as long as I can keep my swords and crossbow, I'll manage.
    Sounds like someone is ready to slay some zombies.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really have a hard time with this. The greatest military machine known to man is afraid of rednecks with AR15's...

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by longBallLima View Post
    I really have a hard time with this. The greatest military machine known to man is afraid of rednecks with AR15's...
    100,000,000 armed male citizens against 500,000 armed military personnel... it would be a bloody mess no matter what.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    See...but that is exactly what is being argued here. You are stating that the constitution is still relevant because it was designed with the ability to receive modification (amendments). Those advocating regulation here are calling for modification. Yet those against it claim "it is in the constitution, it can not be changed." It is that argument set that makes the constitution a dated document.
    To be honest, I have not heard anyone in the political arena directly challenging the validity of the 2nd Amendment, and at this point in time, I am not "afraid" it is going away. I think gun owners/consumers are upset with the changes to the law and are asserting the 2nd Amendment as ammunition for that. I'll be honest, I'm not all that fired up about certain guns being restricted in ownership. Obviously, the bonafide assault rifle has been banned for more years than some of you guys have been alive. People can certainly defend their homes and family with shotguns and handguns. What does concern me is watching trends overall. Not just with guns, but with many freedoms that people enjoyed that have been signed away into law.

The reasoning behind the need for weaponry in a developing nation and the reasoning for it in a current age developed first world country are very different.
    I may be viewing this from a different set of glasses than you, so maybe you can help me understand your point better. From my perspective, the point of gun ownership, aside from hunting, has always been the same: protection for yourself/family, your property, and from government gone wrong. Points could be made on both sides of the argument whether or not you need protection from your own government. But I think the other two reasons are less disputable.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is interesting:

1773: Boston Tea Party
    1774: British Law passed banning gun/gun powder imports into the states
    1774-1775: British attempted confiscations of guns/gun powder in states
    1776: American Revolution
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can honestly say as an 18 year old American citizen, I have an immense amount of fear and anxiety surrounding the recent moves our government is making, with gun-control, patriot-act, NDAA bill... I'm with you cobalt, I want to sleep with my bushmaster under my bed from now on for fear of waking up to the National guard trying to beat in my door.