Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Armstrong

Hybrid View

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I like is that Cycling is no longer an olympic sport because of this. Really? Because if the Olympics banned sports based on drug usage there would be no Olympics.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Sperwer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before I retired I was one.

My largest retainer, which was significantly less than the final bill, was in the low 7 figures.

And, no, i didn't do PI or otherwise get involved in the so-called "plaintiffs' bar" sort of cases.
    Last edited by Sperwer; 01-16-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    "The purpose of today's training is to defeat yesterday's understanding."

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    I thought most of you guys were on Armstrong's side a few months ago... what changed?
    I was for a bit, because he was bullied for lack of a better term. He complied with everything they wanted and they kept pushing him. That said, his true colors came out a bit more than I think even he intended.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone knows how they test speak up. Do they just test the podium finishers or all who participate? I think the only difference in first to last place is the quality of the product(gear) used, beginning talent, effort. So, Lance either gave more effort, had more talent, or had better gear. DONE!

Do you think the coach of the Patriots would admit to cheating along with being a good coach? Or the NFL admit to babying certain teams to get a better payday matching those teams. The NBA has fined a coach $250,000 for not playing his star players when a big name team comes to town. Why, they(NBA) want a good show. All sports are rigged one way or another.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PEDs make sports fun to watch and without them sports wouldn't be the same.
    Could you imagine football, baseball, and sprinting without PEDs??
    Shit would be boring ass hell to watch.
    Baseball had everyone watching when Mark and Sammy where knocking balls out of the park like nobodies busniness. Then the next time baseball took off was when the juice head Bonds killed that record.
    Oh and don't for get about #53 Bill Romanowski...
    Loved the way that guy played the game.
    Last edited by Scope75; 01-17-2013 at 10:07 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HTS- i dont hate him for being dirty at all..if i did, id hate most pros in ANY sport. i dont like him, or his attitude once his suspected use became public.. its one thing to deny, but its another attacking and profitting from others for lying. i didnt phrase my original post well, posting from work.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Avl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    one thing i DONT agree with is them nabbing him after he retired- i figure if you beat the test while active, so be it. also no way they should be able to ' back test ' so to speak. for example, keeping samples for yrs, then testing with new technology yrs later to catch a user.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^i 100% agree with this

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SOme good points have been made in this thread. as a sports-consuming society, I feel that we fairly demand PED. we wouldn't watch the olympics if the records got worse each year or only slightly better. we expect hockey and football players to go out there, take a huge beating, then come back the next night? month after month? c'mon. it's like dana white saying he was disappointed in overeem for using AAS. fuckin guy has created a monster, a sport which consumes men by the dozens. it's all they can do to stay ahead of injury and AAS would be practically mandatory, i would think, in MMA at a high level, if nothing else for the injury rehab

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) nate3993's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jail? u crazy. here's how i see it. other athletes in his group have stated they were all on his regiment of epo, steroids, etc. so as far as I'm concerned, LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. like pro body building. they all use the same gear, eg, level playing field. he's obviously a better athlete. to quote samir, "take all the drugs out of bodybuilding, and the winners will remain the same."(aside from the various bullshit olympia wins, but you get the point.)