Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hybrid View

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape View Post
    I dated a chick a few years back who stopped eating chicken because it causes cancer, according to some "China Study" book she read, but smoked a pack a day. Her whole family was organic freeks, but the type that still ate crap food, but just organically.

That's what turns me off to it. Most people who stand for the argument usually just tell me "organic food taste better" or "pesticides, pesticides, pesticides."

My thing is; I eat pretty damn clean. Lots of single ingredient foods. Am I really doing myself a disservice if my mixed nuts or Greek yogurt isn't organic?

I'd love to switch my meat over to grass fed free range, but that isn't an affordable option for me.

Eating clean > eating organic. Ideally both though, I know.
    Considering what is in most conventionally produced foods, I'm not sure that last statement is accurate. Eating clean > than eating organic crap, yes, but that's still not saying much, unfortunately.

You have to do what's comfortable for you. Everyone one is willing to accept different levels of risk for the sake of convenience. It's just very difficult to keep the poisons out of your life, because they're in everything. You just have to decide how you're gonna poison yourself. Is it gonna be the farm lot raised meat which is saturated in estrogenic compounds, antibiotics and other filth, or is it gonna be in your personal care products like your shave gel, shampoo, hair products (if you have any), etc. We just don't know what's worse at this point.

I personally try and minimize my exposure as best I can. I'm bald, so I don't have to use shampoos and gels. I eat clean, so I don't use deodorant ( don't smell either) I try and buy organic all the time if it's available. And I buy half and quarter grass fed, free range cows at a time and keep them in a huge freezer box. This isn't practical for alot of people.

Sometimes I even wonder if ignorance is bliss.....

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when I looked into organic certification for my small hobby farm, all that I had to do was swear, and sign a declaration that no pesticides, etc... had been used on my land for a period of 2 (I think) years. there were other regulations, but basically it went on the word of the farmer that he didn't, and wasn't using any non organic substances. Now you might have strawberries, and put straw down inbetween the rows for weed control, moisture and to walk on, back then all you had to do was swear that that straw was bought from a certified organic farm, where in turn that farmer "said" he didn't use anything on it. it was all by work and not monitored at lease very much, I never even bothered to get certified at that time. The field next to me is organic cukes, the jamacians will stand on the harvester and hang their 10" dicks off the side and piss all over the cukes. Organic piss? IIIIII'm not eating it lol. Only way to know for sure is to know the farmer themselves, or do it yourself, don't trust the grocery store and the mass produced stuff. my 2 cents

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    when I looked into organic certification for my small hobby farm, all that I had to do was swear, and sign a declaration that no pesticides, etc... had been used on my land for a period of 2 (I think) years. there were other regulations, but basically it went on the word of the farmer that he didn't, and wasn't using any non organic substances. Now you might have strawberries, and put straw down inbetween the rows for weed control, moisture and to walk on, back then all you had to do was swear that that straw was bought from a certified organic farm, where in turn that farmer "said" he didn't use anything on it. it was all by work and not monitored at lease very much, I never even bothered to get certified at that time. The field next to me is organic cukes, the jamacians will stand on the harvester and hang their 10" dicks off the side and piss all over the cukes. Organic piss? IIIIII'm not eating it lol. Only way to know for sure is to know the farmer themselves, or do it yourself, don't trust the grocery store and the mass produced stuff. my 2 cents
    Damn. What a joke. That's how they roll up there, huh? Getting "certified organic" in the U.S. is a little more involved, thankfully. That being said, I'm sure there's still room for slip ups.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bucks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March against Monsanto

Only 10"?

They must only be half Jamaican !

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I was like a thousand meters away lol, you wouldn't have to adjust for wind if you were taking a shot with DSR50 at 1km they are so big

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March against Monsanto

Well, as long as the GMO conglomerate sticks to wheat, grain and produce it won't be too much of a factor for me. (I have decided I'm a carnivore). I think the problem will be tracking GMO crap as it makes it way into food like cereal and bread. I shop at whole foods for the reason that they serve as watch dog for such things.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macdon1588 View Post
    I think the problem will be tracking GMO crap as it makes it way into food like cereal and bread.
    Or the mouths of the animals you eat.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

March against Monsanto

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Or the mouths of the animals you eat.
    I'm lucky in that regard, I know my farmer. I think I'm safe from GMO. Looking at his cattle, there might be some steroids in play, but no GMO unless those bastards are growing hay!