User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    i'm southern Ontario just past London, maybe 9-10 hours from you, get the lafleur's family size
    did one a year ago, family size im talking, i made it bout 75% through.......brutal....when i was younger i think i did it once......the 2-3 burgers slowed me for sure.......lately i grab their double cheese plain

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol we would hit the family size after ball practice on a weekly basis when i was in high school.. Ahh the good ol days :P

Established Member Feedback Score 0 olddawg's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nevr thought about it back when I went there, I ate there a couple of times when I was in the music business, there would be a convention in montreal I'd fly in to attend but if I go back I will take pics lol. I do remember going to a Chinese restaurant in this area with a buddy and ordering a dinner for 4. We could polish it off all but the rice

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by olddawg View Post
    so weak again today during cardio, but I fought through 45 min of it. I really think this might be more sleep related as I sleep like shit. I should track my sleeps and how I feel throughout the day for the future
    I think sleep is most likely to be related to adrenals, could be your noradrenaline/norepinephrine is too high which results in overexcited CNS, in which case your sleep would be very shallow
    Or it could be simply too low cortisol- in which case you would probably wake up much earlier because of transient hypoglicemia, but with low cortisol you would be sleepy all day- so most likely is norepinephrine (adrenalins) trying to fill the gap, which helps temporary to do your daily tasks but delays recovery of your adrenals and other hormones.
    Last edited by Jelisej; 05-28-2013 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always, my entire life been able to fall asleep within 1-2 minutes or quicker. But up until about 1-2 am, I get up every 30min to an hour with hunger signals, sometimes I'll gain consciousness and sometimes not, but overstimulated sounds right. I'll eat and eat, uncontrollably after I fall asleep lol, it's good for bulking. I try to plan this into my diet by not eating any carbs all day as i'll eat some once I fall asleep. Also try to put out things right at the edge of the fridge so it's healthy and easy to grab. It's been this way since way before puberty

how would you lower the adrenals ? maybe this is why i'm edgy some (much) of the time
    Last edited by olddawg; 05-28-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm bit lazy for typing right now, so I'll post some links:

High Norepinephrine Symptoms | LIVESTRONG.COM
    How can I reduce norepinephrine - Supplements - LONGECITY

This is post by Dr Mariano:
    Dopamine and norepinephrine are signals given out by different groups of cells in the nervous system. Norepinephrine is made from Dopamine. Dopamine released from norepinephrine-releasing cells is primarily leakage in the production line for creating norepinephrine.

Dopamine and Norepinephrine each have multiple functions, some of which overlap and may oppose each other. For example, norepinephrine promotes alertness. But too much dopamine can make one very sleepy. Dopamine promotes attention. But it has to work in conjunction with norepinephrine in allowing a person to be alert and attentive. Dopamine helps reduce norepinephrine signaling. Producing norepinephrine may lead to a reduction in dopamine production since continuing dopamine signaling may be counterproductive to the production of norepinephrine. Dopamine is one of the primary signals, if not the primary signal, for libido. But it needs to work with norepinephrine so one can get excitement from sex. Norepinephrine is the signal that triggers the orgasm. Excessive norepinephrine can reduce libido. This may occur through multiple signaling pathways. For example, dopamine production can be reduced. Immune system signaling may be increased - triggering defensive behavioral programs which turn off libido. Thus, even if dopamine signaling is sufficient, if the immune system shuts down libido, one won't have it.

The actual question to ask is "Why is norepinephrine high?" There are many reasons it may be high. One of the primary ones is that there is something wrong in the body - such as an infection or other stress. The immune system, in this case, may trigger higher norepinephrine production to signal the rest of the body that there is a serious problem to address. Norepinephrine is the signal for distress or something going wrong. A second reason is that norepinephrine is also a signal for generating energy. If there is a deficit in energy production from the other signaling and metabolic pathways, then an increase in norepinephrine may be necessary to compensate for the deficit in energy production. Etc. Etc.

Why may dopamine be low? There are numerous reasons. One can have a biological predisposition for low dopamine production (e.g. those at risk for Parkinson's disease). Norepinephrine signaling may be high. Immune system pro-inflammatory cytokine signaling may be high. Thyroid signaling may be suboptimal. Adrenal signaling may be suppressed. Testosterone signaling may be low. Estradiol signaling may be low. Metabolically, there may be deficits in Vitamin D and iron, which impairs dopamine production. Etc. etc.

A "high" usually means increasing dopamine and norepinephrine in tandem to produce an elevated mood.

Bupropion (Wellbutrin), particularly at high doses, tends to primarily raise norepinephrine, not dopamine.

Dopamine agonists are an option for some for increasing libido if the optimization of other signaling systems does not work sufficiently. It doesn't work fully well in most, though it some it works very well. Without norepinephrine this usually doesn't lead to a high. Abnormal muscle movements, heart valvular disease, drop attacks of sleep, etc. are some of the concerns with long-term use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so basically what you are saying is, suck it up buttercup lmao, could be any combination of 8 million things. I'm sure it's all interrelated, my early ejaculation, sleep issues, fatigue, etc.... along with my thyroid, .... I'm just too old to be interested that much in the science to learn it all and work on a fix. It's not that big of a deal as I've learned to live with it for almost 50 years now, and the nearest endo is over an hour away. thanks for the posts jj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did not mention any buttercups, I think.
    Your pushing yourself hard, whuch is taxing all your body including your adrenals and then stimulants on top... Plus other medication/aas.
    You're doing fine considering all.
    I have to admire your dedication, good luck to you bro'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    today's ab shot, it's coming along, some days I can only do 1 cardio session instead of 2
    od.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Captain Iron is little bit out of steam, but still doing fine.
    Ippy would probably say that his abs are more definied but of course that would be in same category with Stephen Kings "The Langoliers".

Ironically, just had pop-up " Chinese scientists found easy way to get a six pack" it even offers money-back guarantee, brilliant...
    Last edited by Jelisej; 05-31-2013 at 06:20 PM.