Quote Originally Posted by h2s View Post
    My condolences as well.
    x2

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really sorry to hear about your dad, at least hes resting well now.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blood tests came back. And I have to say, I was a bit surprised by the results. Prior to the tests, I was sure my testosterone levels were still on the lower side of normal and was predicting and increase in medication. However, they were quite high. This leads to more questions about my poor libido. I was assuming my testosterone level was low because my libido was still too low.

They ended up doing more than just peak and trough (low) testosterone. They did an (almost) complete workup on me. Here are the results below:

Testosterone (trough): 836 (241-827)
    Testosterone (peak): 2050 (241-827)

Estradiol: 15 (<39)

PSA: 0.47 (0-4.0)

AST: 25 (15-37)
    ALT: 62 (30-65)

RBC: 6.13 (4.0-6.0)
    HGB: 19 (14.0-18.0)
    HCT: 56.2 (42-52)
    Platelets: 194 (130-400)

There were many other things tested, but all were in normal levels and I did not see the point of including all of them. Thyroid and ACTH were not tested this time around. Feel free to ask if you want info on a specific test not listed here

RBC/HGB was slightly higher than when I started TRT, but not remarkably. HCT has gone up a bit more. It was at 53, just a point out of range, to now 56. These numbers bothered the endo, but she was also bothered by the initial test which the hemotologist looked at and was fine with. I do think I will probably need to begin doing a monthly blood draw, just to make the endo happy.

She was a bit concerned about my high testosterone levels and asked if I have been irritable. I told her just the opposite, that I have felt better and been happier. We discussed that my libido was still not too good, and she thought that was odd, but had not recommendations for me.

Here's the funny thing: she decided to change my dosage from 200mg every 2 weeks to 100 mg every week. She thought that this would keep that peak level of testosterone from being so high. What I didn't tell her is that I only injected 100 mg the day before the test for my peak levels. The trough test was taken after I had not injected for 2 weeks, and the last injection that I had prior to that test was 100 mg. Had I injected the 200mg prior to the peak test, I can almost put money on the fact that she would have lowered my dosage.

The endo prescribed me another vial of test c and wants me to get retested levels in 60 days. I think between now and then, I will try to have blood drawn two times to see if my blood counts improve a bit.

I look forward to your comments and will try to answer any questions you may have.

As always, thanks again for joining me for this interesting journey. It's great to have you all be a part of it.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 03-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Jelisej's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should definitely increase frequency of T shots, try doasages of like 40mg. Adrenals should be tested, so thyroid as well. Higher testosterone usualy downregulates both thyroid and adrenals. Thyroid has a big impact on libido, and many people said that from all HRT meds if they had to choose one they would choose thyroid meds.
    You should always look at hormonal panel as one big picture, treatments that are based on 2-3 numbers usualy dont give good results.

Also because your thick blood, you should start magnesium citrate
    Signs and Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency - YouTube

Magnesium – the Ultimate Heart Medicine | Dr. Sircus

Magnesium and Its Health Benefits

Other thing is- SHBG is missing, and that can tell big story as well.
    Also E2 values are suspicious. As far as I know standard E2 tests for people on TRT gives very inaccurate results, and on top of that you are using SERM if I'm not wrong which could also mess up result (altough I dont know to what extent).
    Last edited by Jelisej; 03-08-2013 at 02:10 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something's definitely amiss, as your low libido suggests. With T levels as high as yours, and the fact that you tried 20mg of tadalafil, you should have and should be walking around knocking stuff off of end tables as you pass by. Follow jelisej's advice and have your adrenals and thyroid checked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, I wanted to get back with you on some things I have changed and added in my TRT protocol. Some of this may surprise you, given my stance on legalities.

First off, I have changed my dosing structure. Instead of doing the 200mg every 2 weeks like the endo wanted, I had been doing 100mg/week. After my last appointment she recommended going to 100/week to keep the peaks and valleys closer together. So, I actually decided to do 50mg, 2x/week. This has been working out very well, actually, and I no longer feel the peaks and valleys that I could feel during a week. It used to be noticeable after 5 days and I was jonesing for another shot.

Another major change that I made I while ago but waited to go public with was the addition of low dose complementary compound. It just so happened that a friend of mine realllllly wanted some of my Turinabol-LV and offered me some Deca in trade. Having "old man" joint pains from both age and heavy lifting, I took him up on it. I actually added this quite a while ago, but didn't know if it would be something to continue with, so I kept it quiet.

I was dosing Deca at 150mg/week, so mostly to help with joints and connective tissue and I was hoping it would help with some shoulder injuries that had been nagging me. It did add a bit of anabolism, just a bit though. Pumps in the gym increased as well. It was a nice addition to TRT and will use it again.

The shoulder was still not healing very well. A little, but very slowly. Which is where things get a bit more interesting...

My friend realllly likes my Turinabol-LV. He wanted more. It just so happens that I still had (and have) a stash. So he traded me some Tren E about 4 or 5 weeks ago...

I began to use that at a very low dose (75-100mg/wk) instead of the Deca. It did everything the Deca did, but much much more. The shoulder began to heal up, the anabolism was much higher, and my energy levels are much much better. I feel like THIS is what TRT should feel like. I've been missing the energy and motivation and vibrancy factor and this brought it together for me. I feel better in every way.

And get this, FINALLY my libido has picked up. Yes, on a progestin compound. It did improve just slightly on the Deca and would have moreso if the dose was higher (yes, Deca at normal doses gives me good wood). But on the Tren, over the last couple weeks, I've begun to have conversations with the wife about utilizing said wood. Our schedules have been so topsy turvy that we've hardly seen each other the last couple weeks, but at least a conversation is a start.

I should add that I spent probably a month doing research on low dose deca effects, both with and without TRT prior to starting that protocol and probably 2 months of research prior to starting the tren e. Ultimately, increasing my health is the goal, not compromising it.

So there you have it. I may have stirred the pot a little with this news. Feel free to ask questions.
    Last edited by burlyman30; 04-09-2013 at 11:27 PM.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) h2s's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking a, good update

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, seems strange someone would trade good real gear for tbol lv... Having used both do you consider tbol lv better than tbol in any way??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Burly's TRT journey

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    Cool, seems strange someone would trade good real gear for tbol lv... Having used both do you consider tbol lv better than tbol in any way??
    The guy didn't want to pay the prices for OT. I told him this was as close as he would get to it for half the price. He has nothing to compare it to (real OT) and loves it. On a side note, he used dbol earlier this year, but still prefers the tbol-lv for gains that stick around. As far as OT, I've never used it (wasn't readily available through my channels in the late 80s to early 90s), but I can confidently say based on those who have used both that OT is superior. Just 2x the price or more.