Hybrid View

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: O_RYAN's BROOTAL STRENGTH LOG

Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I don't believe my back is flexible enough to arch like that. My elbows are tucked and I am arched. It just looks much less intense and calculated I suppose.
    We used to have a saying about arching up high... "You could drive a bus under that!".

Everything Oryan said about the arch is correct. I would add that it also puts your body in a slight "declined" position if you look at the angle of trajectory. Arching your back results in tilting the chest back. Everyone I've ever met is stronger on a decline bench than on flat or incline... because there is a mechanical advantage.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burlyman30 View Post
    We used to have a saying about arching up high... "You could drive a bus under that!".

Everything Oryan said about the arch is correct. I would add that it also puts your body in a slight "declined" position if you look at the angle of trajectory. Arching your back results in tilting the chest back. Everyone I've ever met is stronger on a decline bench than on flat or incline... because there is a mechanical advantage.
    i would call that position a full decline. good for competition but for my purposes i would rather just use the decline bench lol. i would probably cramp up with that much of an arch. but i havent seen a video of myself since i improved my form. so i'll post one up in 2 weeks when i try that 315

doing dumbbells next week so that wont work too well on a vid lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the arch, once the lats are engaged it's a whole new lifting experience. It's been difficult to step away from that technique and bench with standard form to bring the bp back to a chest development movement.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    I love the arch, once the lats are engaged it's a whole new lifting experience. It's been difficult to step away from that technique and bench with standard form to bring the bp back to a chest development movement.
    I love using the belt and having that hardcore tightness before the lift; make that weight MY BITCH!
    POWERLIFTERS PUT IT DEEPER IN THE WHOLE!!! WHAT???!!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 VayneZ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randal bro, that was just AWESOME!

Just like Weekend, I'm still having trouble arching as I should. But that video def motivated me to keep working on the technique.

Dude, you're getting stronger and stronger. Thanks for starting this BROOTAL STRENGTH log! I know I am def inspired by it!!!
    (too bad I watched this vid AFTER I benched today )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VayneZ View Post
    Randal bro, that was just AWESOME!

Just like Weekend, I'm still having trouble arching as I should. But that video def motivated me to keep working on the technique.

Dude, you're getting stronger and stronger. Thanks for starting this BROOTAL STRENGTH log! I know I am def inspired by it!!!
    (too bad I watched this vid AFTER I benched today )
    If you guys really want to get and hold that hardcore arch, try using a belt. I did develop a great arch before I ever started using a belt, but the belt is just AMAZING!!! I'm glad I could be a motivation for you guys.

Hit 450# on squat earlier. Thasts a 70# training PR from the last cube we ran. I did hit 430# last week, which was a grinder, but this week was much different with 450. My back was still a little tight from DLs so I didn't push it any further. I'm sure I could have gotten 470, but I didn't wanna risk it or be greedy.

Vid to come NOW!!!

RRR 450 Squat - YouTube

I think I hit right at parallel, not deeper, right at. I need to work on all these things, but the weight flew up. Like I said earlier, my back was real tight from earlier in the week, so I stayed smart and stopped.
    Last edited by O_RYAN_007; 12-05-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by O_RYAN_007 View Post
    If you guys really want to get and hold that hardcore arch, try using a belt. I did develop a great arch before I ever started using a belt, but the belt is just AMAZING!!! I'm glad I could be a motivation for you guys.

Hit 450# on squat earlier. Thasts a 70# training PR from the last cube we ran. I did hit 430# last week, which was a grinder, but this week was much different with 450. My back was still a little tight from DLs so I didn't push it any further. I'm sure I could have gotten 470, but I didn't wanna risk it or be greedy.

Vid to come NOW!!!

RRR 450 Squat - YouTube

I think I hit right at parallel, not deeper, right at. I need to work on all these things, but the weight flew up. Like I said earlier, my back was real tight from earlier in the week, so I stayed smart and stopped.
    NICE! NICE! NICE! You are absolutely SMASHING the weight, bro! Stronger than ever and making it look easy. I'd agree that from what I could see in the vid, it was a regulation depth. To go deeper AND heavier within a week... really really impressive, bro.

You are also making me miss squats, which are out of rotation until I find out if my knee will let me do them anymore.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Sorrow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that was a good looking squat! Well done

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend View Post
    I would say that the depth is great for low bar and almost sumo.

But with my stance which is more common, no one ever goes low enough!!

Awesome work, I haven't the nuts to put that much weight on me spine.
    Strong core gets you very very far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrow View Post
    Now that was a good looking squat! Well done
    Thank you great sir!!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say that the depth is great for low bar and almost sumo.

But with my stance which is more common, no one ever goes low enough!!

Awesome work, I haven't the nuts to put that much weight on me spine.