User Tag List

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 5 (100%) O_RYAN_007's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try some trigger point releases on the particular muscle thats giving you issues. I'm having to switch my ultra wide stance squatting technique to more of a closer stance since I tweaked my hip last week. Deadlifting didn't effect the psoas much, but I know squatting will. So tomorrow will be working on the new form without much weight.

Good luck on the recovery and put heat on it and stretch!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    lower back pain on the right side each and every time I try deadlifting and/or other posterior chain movements...

Stretching hips for a while helps a little but wont do it... can't even tell you what happened, one day it was just like that. The week before I was setting PR's and the next week bam! form was decent so i'm pretty sure it's not a bad movement issue
    Maybe your lower posterior chain and core isn't strong enough... Or maybe you're not engaging your core enough and its putting tons of strain on the lower back during the pulling.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Weekend's Progress Log

Quote Originally Posted by JM1000 View Post
    lower back pain on the right side each and every time I try deadlifting and/or other posterior chain movements...

Stretching hips for a while helps a little but wont do it... can't even tell you what happened, one day it was just like that. The week before I was setting PR's and the next week bam! form was decent so i'm pretty sure it's not a bad movement issue
    Injuries seem to be part of pushing ones self to that next level. I have scar tissue on top of scar tissue from my years with the iron. ice the injured area, let it rest and heal, and then ease back into the weight.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) weekend's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried stretching out your psoas? Can you squat?

- - - Updated - - -

^ to JM1000

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=weekend;24370]Oh oh, my hip has been hurt for 2 weeks since a workout where I did sumo deads and sumo squats, felt no pain during and then it hurt later. Feels deep in the hip, like under my hip flexor. But deadlifts yesterday I felt nothing. It's only when I squat with a stance wider than shoulder width and with depth below parallel. It's almost better I was gonna try to squat next week and I'm gonna do leg extensions today.

- - - Updated - - -

In all honesty what you are describing sounds like a minor tear of muscle in the hip. I would give it some real rest otherwise you will turn that minor tear into a major one and you'll be out if action for a good few months. I'm speaking from experience! Don't ignore these minor niggles that come on after hard workouts.
    Last edited by Infamy; 07-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^good call. How long should I not feel it before I hit the offending exercises again? It's already been 2 weeks off sumo stuff and I did front squats like 5 days after it and was okay but it was sore later. But I can still feel it, at this point though its tough to even feel the pain anymore. I don't like squats so I'm content doing calves leg extensions and hamstring stuff for a bit lol

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weekend's Progress Log

Hard to say how long as everyone's different. If you are on cycle it'll repair quicker though. I think you should start with 2 more weeks off and see how it is then. Play it by ear. If you still get twinges give it another week or two off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hah. Only 2 months left till my cycle! Ish

Established Member Feedback Score 0 ryhigh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you like Seattle? Due to my current circumstaces i have to move from lovely LA to Vegas for a while. However me and my best friend are looking to move elsewhere in th future and Seattle has been on our mind. Hows the living and expenses there?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 JM1000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stretch religiously every day! Very supple from wrestling.. can even do the split lol...

Squat don't hurt at all I'll go up to 405 and feel great!

I really think it's the core not activating on the right side putting all the pressure in the lower posterior chain.

for your issue, I'd take a couple weeks off from deadlift.. try other posterior chain exercises that don't hit the hip as hard, lighten your squats for a while.. You'll come back stronger!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deadlift doesn't hurt my injury, it's squat that hurts it!