User Tag List

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea ill keep em comin, i know i missed a few i wanted to post already so i gotta go back i just been reading an reading. damn way past my bed time lol

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 3 (100%) Scope75's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New interesting info will keep anyone up, and I'm constantly staying up or waking up early to read.

Super Moderator Feedback Score 2 (100%) DJM's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to watch that movie but its 30 bucks for the DVD.
    Need to find someone with fast Internet and a good computer.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buy the book.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    Buy the book.
    Good idea.
    Did think about there being a book.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ctAL View Post
    Question:
    John, I am scared to follow your diet because I have always heard cholesterol is bad, please relieve my concerns so that I can make the leap as the others on here have, and experienced great results.

Answer:
    I don't blame you my friend! I was in the same boat as you at one time. I was totally sucked into the lipid hypothesis. I get asked alot about managing cholesterol...

My very short story of what I believe..

First of all, cholesterol is the strongest anti-oxidant in your body. It heals...

Sugar and trans fat cause arterial inflammation....so cholesterol is sent to the arteries to repair them...If you lower refined sugars, and transfats, your total cholesterol will come down. So when you try to eliminate cholesterol from your body, it's kind of like blowing up the ambulance that is going to a car wreck...you're killing the wrong thing.

I have people reduce carbs, and take Alpha Lipoic Acid, Chromiun Piccolinate or both with carb meals (which def helps get you leaner during dieting phases too btw), and it works every time.

Also, low fat, low cholesterol diets are reeeaaly unnatural because of cholesterol being a parent molecule to so many adrenal gland hormones. When I have people with low test levels, I bomb them with Liver and Whole eggs (free range only). They always feel better, feel stronger, and usually their HDL goes up. Now I know that your liver increases or decreases cholesterol output based on your diet, but when you don't eat any saturated fat or cholesterol, you really stress it...

Hope this helps! By the way - cholesterol readings above 200 have never been proven to casue a great incidence in heart disease EVER.
    Don't even bring up the name Ancel Keys, or we will have a war on our hands. HAHA.
    This post has been on my mind since reading it and that is putting it shortly. Besides my latest endeavor to totally revamp the way I eat, I want to start wrapping my mind around FAT! In short, I want to test myself and add mct's and other forms of fat in my diet. I'm already lowering my carb intake dramatically via eliminating processed carbs from the old way of eating. -BUT! I still want to include carbs in my diet from sources such as quinoa, fruits and things like rice and potatoes.

Anyways, I need to get over my fear of fat and try some new things this year.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rodja's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NOA View Post
    This post has been on my mind since reading it and that is putting it shortly. Besides my latest endeavor to totally revamp the way I eat, I want to start wrapping my mind around FAT! In short, I want to test myself and add mct's and other forms of fat in my diet. I'm already lowering my carb intake dramatically via eliminating processed carbs from the old way of eating. -BUT! I still want to include carbs in my diet from sources such as quinoa, fruits and things like rice and potatoes.

Anyways, I need to get over my fear of fat and try some new things this year.
    There's a reason whole eggs are nature's perfect protein.
    M. Ed. Ex Phys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOA can I ask you you fear FAT??

I fear carbs because they make me bloated and FAT, but last Saturday I ate them like no other and it felt great.
    I'm so looking forward to my next CarbNite which is Saturday or Sunday.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    There's a reason whole eggs are nature's perfect protein.
    Whole eggs indeed. Started eating 4 whole eggs a day, divided over 2 meals, since yesterday. Gonna put this to the test, but i'm pretty sure it's going to be a staple for life. So far I have stopped using all protein powders except Peptopro since reading John Meadows Q&A.