User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PFS : “Friends” & “Family”

If anyone can relate.. I’m just bored at work & gonna use this thread on some therapeutic shit.

CD is correct in that PFS is isolating. But, I don’t really have a hard time making the transition, although i do well in social situations, I just like being alone more. Just me.

But when explaining my situation to some friends even family members, the vibe I get is “this motherfucker completely lost his mind”.. you then explain to them the mechanism of the drug blocking DHT & how it affects everything for a small group of men ; as well as your steps to recovery & still they think your symptoms are not real & your a nut case.. they may not directly say it, but you know. You just feel it.

I moved out my moms to live with my dad cause of this. We kept arguing, she kept setting up doctors appointments that would not help. Even at the doctor, she did not even let me speak my peace.. like I’m so on the deep end I should not even be allowed tontalk.. She even set up cognitive therapy appointments. When I went to see the psychologist in the waiting room, I looked around at people who were just fucked up, & I felt so ashamed to be a part of these people (no disrespect, you know what I mean) & felt even worse that this is how people are viewing me.. like I’m one of these people...She was giving me shit for fasting everyday non stop.. stressing me the hell out. Even eating in front of me & going “mmmmmm” .. this is at a time where estrogen is going bananas so the little annoying things that your parents do that’s not a big deal would set me OFF to the point that I was tearing. the change of mood was wild.. that’s when I knew I had to get away from mom & all stressors..

I will use the therapy sessions though cause therapy is useful for everyone healthy or not, but her doing that shows that she thinks this whole PFS thing is BS, I’m just reading through the lines here.. I’m not going cause of her, it’s for ME.

Me blindingly jumping into fasting unsupervised just made their belief about me belonging in a psych ward stronger, since they are ignorant on the benefits of fasting. ESPECIALLY in a Hispanic home where there is ALWAYS food everywhere you turn, they get offended when you don’t eat..through their eyes they are seeing a kid who use to eat to the point of force feeding now not eat at all. This is when they really thought I was insane.. my grandmother getting all voodoo religious on me. Praying cause she thought i was turning schizophrenic or something...ESPECIALLY in a Hispanic home where there is ALWAYS food everywhere you turn, they get offended when you don’t eat..

My whole gripe is, when I come out of this, it’s gonna be really different with these people. I think I may have to find entirely new set of friends,only ONE of my buddies who is in the military acknowledges it.. I feel like cutting everyone the fuck off cause you really see who is in your corner during these times.. I know I will be better than pre PFS on all facets, & these people don’t deserve me when I’m great.. Seeing how they view me & not only be ignorant to my situation, but completely refuse to acknowledge it & chalk it up as Ricky has mental illness makes me want to cut them off when I’m at my best, cause at my best they WILL switch up & think it’s all good again. & “hey Ricky’s Back now, he has his brain back!” They will be in for a surprise..Nope, go that way, I’m still crazy right?? Keep it that way.. why would I lie about this? Did I show ANY sign of mental illness prior? It was clearly the drug, fucking idiots. & I have no attachment to anything but improving myself, Recovering from PFS really puts you in that zone where nothing matters... you lose your entire masculinity, your dick, your balls, your peace of mind, sanity etc.. what’s cutting off people gonna really do to you?

Even while recovering folks at my job seeing me switch up to eating eggs, meat, variety of veggies, olive oil on everything, yogurt/fruit & they even comment making jokes on how I eat. It’s hilarious & I crack back at them & tell em “yeah keep eating that greasy shit & tells me about how your gonna one day lose weight but never do etc”.. it’s jokes, but every good joke has truth in it, & I Read between the lines... EVERY time someone makes an effort to improve themselves & they go ALL IN on it, people judge them on it , almost like it makes them feel inferior cause they don’t have that discipline themselves, even if they tried..I’ve been noticing.

My father is the only guy in my family who in some way gets it.. even though I still think he does not understand the whole protocol & my condition, he supports me fully on the protocol everyday with juicing.. sometimes he’ll help out cooking.. although he may think I’m crazy like everyone else, he’s Helping & listens to what I have to say & sees that doing all this puts me at a better place day by day slowly. for that I’m grateful.. VERY grateful, that’s all I ask..

This is what fuels me almost as much as getting my health back.. may not be the best type of energy but along with getting my vitality back it’s a good motivator..

& nothing recently happened, this is just stuff that I notice in this journey very subtly . I’m in a decent mood.. I’m feeling how much mentally stronger I’m getting with this whole thing. The isolation is where the magic happens people, embrace it.. I’m alone enjoying sunsets, enjoying Central Park. Walking around with no shirt getting sun all day, lifting, sprinting. In a crazy way I enjoyed time with my buddies, but they DID hold me back in some way from productivity.. the ISOLATION & uncomfort in isolation is where the growth happens!

Maybe this whole mindset I have about cutting everyone off will change. Forgiving everyone after all this will probably be just as hard as bouncing back from PFS.. I’m trying to see it from their eyes too. I get that it’s something only WE get..

People share your experiences on this topic about how friends and family react to your situation. I’m sure it will help others too.. & I’m sure it’s one of the difficult parts for people to go through, especially those who aren’t as introverted as me

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, the best avenue is usually just cutting people off who aren't supportive or try to make matters worse on you. The people who are truely your friends and care about you will jump on board.

FWIW, I lost a lot of "friends" and "friend groups" when I entered my recovery journey, and would do it again in a heartbeat. There are no dress rehearsals in life and it's too precious and short to waste time trying to appease others to keep them in your life. It's a waste of time and energy at the time you need it the most, to be honest. I've found that my closest friends then are still my closest friends now, and my family relationships are almost all still the same.

Through my different avenues of my life's journey I've found one thing - those who care will find a way to be in your life, and those who don't, arent worth the trouble.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Unfortunately, the best avenue is usually just cutting people off who aren't supportive or try to make matters worse on you. The people who are truely your friends and care about you will jump on board.

FWIW, I lost a lot of "friends" and "friend groups" when I entered my recovery journey, and would do it again in a heartbeat. There are no dress rehearsals in life and it's too precious and short to waste time trying to appease others to keep them in your life. It's a waste of time and energy at the time you need it the most, to be honest. I've found that my closest friends then are still my closest friends now, and my family relationships are almost all still the same.

Through my different avenues of my life's journey I've found one thing - those who care will find a way to be in your life, and those who don't, arent worth the trouble.
    Cheers to this^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    If anyone can relate.. I’m just bored at work & gonna use this thread on some therapeutic shit.

CD is correct in that PFS is isolating. But, I don’t really have a hard time making the transition, although i do well in social situations, I just like being alone more. Just me.

But when explaining my situation to some friends even family members, the vibe I get is “this motherfucker completely lost his mind”.. you then explain to them the mechanism of the drug blocking DHT & how it affects everything for a small group of men ; as well as your steps to recovery & still they think your symptoms are not real & your a nut case.. they may not directly say it, but you know. You just feel it.

I moved out my moms to live with my dad cause of this. We kept arguing, she kept setting up doctors appointments that would not help. Even at the doctor, she did not even let me speak my peace.. like I’m so on the deep end I should not even be allowed tontalk.. She even set up cognitive therapy appointments. When I went to see the psychologist in the waiting room, I looked around at people who were just fucked up, & I felt so ashamed to be a part of these people (no disrespect, you know what I mean) & felt even worse that this is how people are viewing me.. like I’m one of these people...She was giving me shit for fasting everyday non stop.. stressing me the hell out. Even eating in front of me & going “mmmmmm” .. this is at a time where estrogen is going bananas so the little annoying things that your parents do that’s not a big deal would set me OFF to the point that I was tearing. the change of mood was wild.. that’s when I knew I had to get away from mom & all stressors..

I will use the therapy sessions though cause therapy is useful for everyone healthy or not, but her doing that shows that she thinks this whole PFS thing is BS, I’m just reading through the lines here.. I’m not going cause of her, it’s for ME.

Me blindingly jumping into fasting unsupervised just made their belief about me belonging in a psych ward stronger, since they are ignorant on the benefits of fasting. ESPECIALLY in a Hispanic home where there is ALWAYS food everywhere you turn, they get offended when you don’t eat..through their eyes they are seeing a kid who use to eat to the point of force feeding now not eat at all. This is when they really thought I was insane.. my grandmother getting all voodoo religious on me. Praying cause she thought i was turning schizophrenic or something...ESPECIALLY in a Hispanic home where there is ALWAYS food everywhere you turn, they get offended when you don’t eat..

My whole gripe is, when I come out of this, it’s gonna be really different with these people. I think I may have to find entirely new set of friends,only ONE of my buddies who is in the military acknowledges it.. I feel like cutting everyone the fuck off cause you really see who is in your corner during these times.. I know I will be better than pre PFS on all facets, & these people don’t deserve me when I’m great.. Seeing how they view me & not only be ignorant to my situation, but completely refuse to acknowledge it & chalk it up as Ricky has mental illness makes me want to cut them off when I’m at my best, cause at my best they WILL switch up & think it’s all good again. & “hey Ricky’s Back now, he has his brain back!” They will be in for a surprise..Nope, go that way, I’m still crazy right?? Keep it that way.. why would I lie about this? Did I show ANY sign of mental illness prior? It was clearly the drug, fucking idiots. & I have no attachment to anything but improving myself, Recovering from PFS really puts you in that zone where nothing matters... you lose your entire masculinity, your dick, your balls, your peace of mind, sanity etc.. what’s cutting off people gonna really do to you?

Even while recovering folks at my job seeing me switch up to eating eggs, meat, variety of veggies, olive oil on everything, yogurt/fruit & they even comment making jokes on how I eat. It’s hilarious & I crack back at them & tell em “yeah keep eating that greasy shit & tells me about how your gonna one day lose weight but never do etc”.. it’s jokes, but every good joke has truth in it, & I Read between the lines... EVERY time someone makes an effort to improve themselves & they go ALL IN on it, people judge them on it , almost like it makes them feel inferior cause they don’t have that discipline themselves, even if they tried..I’ve been noticing.

My father is the only guy in my family who in some way gets it.. even though I still think he does not understand the whole protocol & my condition, he supports me fully on the protocol everyday with juicing.. sometimes he’ll help out cooking.. although he may think I’m crazy like everyone else, he’s Helping & listens to what I have to say & sees that doing all this puts me at a better place day by day slowly. for that I’m grateful.. VERY grateful, that’s all I ask..

This is what fuels me almost as much as getting my health back.. may not be the best type of energy but along with getting my vitality back it’s a good motivator..

& nothing recently happened, this is just stuff that I notice in this journey very subtly . I’m in a decent mood.. I’m feeling how much mentally stronger I’m getting with this whole thing. The isolation is where the magic happens people, embrace it.. I’m alone enjoying sunsets, enjoying Central Park. Walking around with no shirt getting sun all day, lifting, sprinting. In a crazy way I enjoyed time with my buddies, but they DID hold me back in some way from productivity.. the ISOLATION & uncomfort in isolation is where the growth happens!

Maybe this whole mindset I have about cutting everyone off will change. Forgiving everyone after all this will probably be just as hard as bouncing back from PFS.. I’m trying to see it from their eyes too. I get that it’s something only WE get..

People share your experiences on this topic about how friends and family react to your situation. I’m sure it will help others too.. & I’m sure it’s one of the difficult parts for people to go through, especially those who aren’t as introverted as me
    "the ISOLATION & uncomfort in isolation is where the growth happens!"

Better yet, becoming completely comfortable in isolation is the goal. That being said, you don't have to become a complete hermit. We are human beings and are social creatures, so you still need to nuture that side of yourself, even if it's with just a select few.

Concerning "friends"......you're gonna lose people, no way around it. But, as you've picked up, it's for the best in the long run. We are all familiar with the feelings your experiencing right now.

You have the right mindset, now you just have to stay consistent with the application.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post

Just to comment real quick on your comments regarding 'sun'. I was in Nicaragua early last month, and I did some serious, serious penile sunning. I did it daily 7 days a week. I was doing 20 minutes a day probably, 1-3 minute sessions to avoid burns. IMO this had some massive effect on every last aspect of myself. My erections became harder then even, harder then pre-PFS levels. My Libido went straight through the roof, and my happiness of course was up there as well. I was able to get an erection extremely fast, just by walking and thinking. (I cant walk once this happens, I have to take a break lol)

My friends decided to as well give this 'penile sunning' thing a try, and they all agreed they have seen some satisfying results, they felt better around 7 hours later. High T makes alpha males, it contributes to a lot of things I wish I was. A research report at "Boston State Hospital showed that people exposed to UV light on their chest and back saw in increase of 120% to testosterone. That’s pretty good. But when the genitals were exposed to the same like testosterone production increased 200%!"

MEN ONLY Sunshine on Balls = 200% Testosterone Increase | TheFitnessMonster.com

Sunshine on Balls -

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike26 View Post
    Just to comment real quick on your comments regarding 'sun'. I was in Nicaragua early last month, and I did some serious, serious penile sunning. I did it daily 7 days a week. I was doing 20 minutes a day probably, 1-3 minute sessions to avoid burns. IMO this had some massive effect on every last aspect of myself. My erections became harder then even, harder then pre-PFS levels. My Libido went straight through the roof, and my happiness of course was up there as well. I was able to get an erection extremely fast, just by walking and thinking. (I cant walk once this happens, I have to take a break lol)

My friends decided to as well give this 'penile sunning' thing a try, and they all agreed they have seen some satisfying results, they felt better around 7 hours later. High T makes alpha males, it contributes to a lot of things I wish I was. A research report at "Boston State Hospital showed that people exposed to UV light on their chest and back saw in increase of 120% to testosterone. That’s pretty good. But when the genitals were exposed to the same like testosterone production increased 200%!"

MEN ONLY Sunshine on Balls = 200% Testosterone Increase | TheFitnessMonster.com

Sunshine on Balls -
    Mike.....

While I appreciate the enthusiam, this post is completely off in left field. Completely off topic. I don't understand why you chose to post it here, in this thread?

I'm going to move it. In the future, please keep all posts on topic, relatively.

Thanks.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100000% relate to this post when I first crashed. My parents did not believe or respect what I was telling them happened to me and they thought the LSD I took made me crazy. Now that I'm further along my recovery journy that doesn't even really bother me cuz I can basically do 90% of what I used to just wake up sometimes at night and I can't fuck like 3x a night haha.

if you look at my first few posts i was complaining about the same thing. what helped me is I shared my truth with as many friends as possible and then I saw the one's that truly helped. one was one of my friends with benefits she's super smart and a scientist and helped me research recovery protocols and stuff. and another was my friend from another city but we would talk on facebook chat calls. and then also finding pfs guys who are in a similar part of the journy helped.

before and after pfs

nobody gives a shit.jpg
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Mike.....

While I appreciate the enthusiam, this post is completely off in left field. Completely off topic. I don't understand why you chose to post it here, in this thread?

I'm going to move it. In the future, please keep all posts on topic, relatively.

Thanks.
    I was replying to the part of the protocol, where he mentioned "Walking around with no shirt getting sun all day", was simply letting him know penile exposure can yield in greater returns.

Rick, All my friends think I'm nuts, and in fact, my best friend recommended me propecia, and AFTER I got side effects, and learnt about PFS, and told him, dude its two months, and I still dont have libido, he's like its all in your head. He went ahead and took it himself, after two weeks he himself got side effects which were mostly headaches, and discontinued taking it. But till today he says, ALL doctors deny PFS, (he went to four top doctors before taking it and asked about PFS, since I educated him about it) and therefore it does not exist, and its all in your head, he went ahead, and convinced our whole group of friends the same. I don't talk to him anymore, I cant believe what he did, convinced me to take this, saying he did all the research ect, when he never googled it once. I get laughed at, and made fun of, it seriously sucks. The good thing is, my family does believe me, as they know our genetics are seriously screwed up. I had a brother that took street drugs, and ended up committing suicide, and I have other family members that have disorders. I believe I was pre-dispositioned to this drug.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceremonious View Post
    I can relate to this post completely and it is something I have thought about a lot over the past 6 months. For me I lost the 'friends' straight away as I could see how their attitude changed immediately just because of how I looked. I have been battling with family and it is hard, I have two family members that even though they haven't always said or done the right things they have been there for me and been supportive in at least some form even if they don't completely believe me. This is good enough for me. However with those that haven't supported me and even been against me I don't think I can let these people back into my life.

The initial dealings with family and friends will change your perception of life a lot and you will see things a lot more clearly because people will drop their fake masks and you will quickly find out who really cares. I have found the less you say the better, normal people don't understand this so in regards to health I think it is better to keep the discussions with communities like this and you are right about attitudes changing when you are recovered and I wouldn't overthink it too much at this stage - when you are recovered a lot more will have happened and by then I think you will know what is right.
    When it comes to PFS, the less you say, the better. As you said, most people just won't understand, no matter how hard they try. This is something that you have to experience to understand. Keeping it between you and a few close friends/family is the best way to go.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    When it comes to PFS, the less you say, the better. As you said, most people just won't understand, no matter how hard they try. This is something that you have to experience to understand. Keeping it between you and a few close friends/family is the best way to go.
    i think it needs two things for someone who doesn't have it to understand 1) deep empathy / caring for you 2) high IQ

my two friends that I felt most understood by were both ivy league science grads. A lot of doctors obviously have the iq but not the caring. Let's be real a good proportion get into the field cuz of the social status and money.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.