User Tag List

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdsnuts what's the concensus on supplementing zinc in small doses? I've read it is a 5ARI but can't imagine it'd have that much of an effect in that aspect? I did a nutritional deficiency test that showed I was moderately deficient in zinc and I have some concerns about absorption from food.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: 7 months sober as of yesterday. Never thought I'd be able to say that, have no desire to ever pick up drinking again even after recovery either.

Long-term memory is starting to come back slowly, I go back and forth between demented dumbass to remembering my first day of the 3rd grade. Working memory/perception of where I am and what day/time it is is starting to recover slowly also I believe.

I still have visual issues like 2D/shiny vision at times, palinopsia (Visual tracers), eye floaters, visual snow, and at times while driving I space out like I'm high on weed. Also other sexual stuff. These things seem to fluctuate back and forth just as my memory does. I'm beginning to actually see real improvement now, took about a year post fin, and 7 months of protocol. But I say that sparingly because one day I'm great then the next I'm in the depths again.

I'll eventually post my specific protocol just like some other users did, basically I do everything besides breathing exercises (they cause me bad anxiety), I meditate instead, but anxiety isn't really one of my symptoms anymore anyways. I might start the breathing exercises again soon and see how they feel. I also seem to respond much better to traditional cardio instead of HIIT, I walk up-hill for about a mile every day or so, and still do HIIT. But I notice my thoughts clear a bit after running/speed walking. I also stopped carb backloading for now since my thoughts seem to be more at my disposal when I start my day with carbs instead of backloading. I may pick it up again soon. I avoid gluten but don't get too hard on myself if I consume it, doesn't really seem to bother me, but nothing I eat besides oatmeal would contain it anyway. Diet, cold showers, herbs, meditation, avoiding xenoestrogens, sunlight (when it's available, Michigan weather is a bitch), sleep, vitamins, heavy lifting/exercise, skin brushing, complete sober lifestyle and avoiding PMO are all spot on for me.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-19-2020 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graduated college today, boys. That was a bitch and a half accomplishing while dealing with all this neurological BS, but it’s done. Keep pushing!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Graduated college today, boys. That was a bitch and a half accomplishing while dealing with all this neurological BS, but it’s done. Keep pushing!
    Congratulations. Huge accomplishment.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats T25! You certainly are a young buck.... Lots to look forward to!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Congratulations. Huge accomplishment.
    Thank you man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Congrats T25! You certainly are a young buck.... Lots to look forward to!
    Yep! 26, hopefully that’s still what most consider young haha.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Great job dude!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Great job dude!
    Thanks man!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Suddenly, it all made sense. As an integrative medicine doctor in posh Marin County, Calif., I never understood how my patients – all health nuts, eating vegan diets or juicing, working out with personal trainers or taking supplements, and sleeping eight hours a night – could be some of the sickest people I've ever met. But after my research, I had an epiphany: My patients were sick because they were in chronic repetitive stress response. No amount of kale can counterbalance the poisonous effects of high doses of cortisol and epinephrine on every cell. Their bodies had lost the ability to self-repair.”

Interesting paragraph from an article I am reading. First and foremost, manage your stress my dudes. Do the breathing exercises, meditate, practice smiling at least once every few hours. Practice mindfulness. Keep your body out of that state of stress response.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on graduating college mate. Don't know how you did it, I'm struggling in my first year in college with the sides. Fair play