User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    The biggest issue I'm having is that I work out at 0600. Then go all day before eating carbs at 1700 usually. I've read that carb backloading loses a little luster when you don't work out in the afternoons or later than early AM.

Because I used to workout after work every day, and never had any issues with weight being stubborn.
    Did you ever read the carb backloading book? The author formulated a backloading protocol for people that workout in the morning
    Its only work until its routine

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free Online Keto Summit - May Have to Register Today?!?

Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    Did you ever read the carb backloading book? The author formulated a backloading protocol for people that workout in the morning
    Yeah, I've taken a stab at running that protocol too, where slight carbs are allowed after working out then none again until backloading. If I remember correctly. It still feels completely different than how it felt after working out in PM.

Not sure, it's just hard to keep the extra weight off currently.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your thyroid not suffer on keto? I did keto a few years back and I NEVER had any energy it seemed like. Nothing like PFS level fatigue but I remember it being a struggle.

i did keto a few years back and I had the exact opposite effect as you. my energy and focus was through the roof. i had sustained energy all day long, and my concentration was laser like.you have to do it for 3 weeks strictly for your brain to adapt to it. if your body is addicted to carbs, you will feel terrible for a week, maybe a little more. other people who dont eat carbs that much can get over keto flu in 1-3 days. but you still need to be strict for about 3 weeks for the brain to adapt to using ketones.
    Last edited by Lakehouse99; 05-10-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The biggest issue I'm having is that I work out at 0600. Then go all day before eating carbs at 1700 usually. I've read that carb backloading loses a little luster when you don't work out in the afternoons or later than early AM.

Because I used to workout after work every day, and never had any issues with weight being stubborn.
    Yeah, it certainly is a completely different feel running the backloading under optimal conditions then using the modified version. When running it proper, you can feel the muscles soaking up the glucose like a dried sponge to water. There is an actual feel to this that for guys who have never done it, have never felt. I personally love this feeling and didn't even realize it was a thing before I started backloading. Thought I had felt everything there was to feel....nope!

You know the deal though man...calories in = calories out. I'm preaching to the choir here with you Maxout. If it were me, I'd try lowering the carbs and upping the HIIT.

Or run some good PH's.....lol.

Another thing that could be effecting it is your sleep. For some reason if sleep isn't on point, this can effect fat storage for the worst. I believe it has to do with cortisol being high because of not recovering as much as you should be.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-12-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys. They are rerunning all the sessions on-demand this weekend at ketoedgesummit.com. There were some real good sessions with information beyond just keto. They included fasting, chronic inflammation, brain health, thyroid, adrenals, microbiome, chronic infection, cell regeneration, as well as, sessions specific to keto dieting, transitioning, cycling, etc.. Very, very applicable to most of us. I recommend giving a listen if you have the time.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damn View Post
    Guys. They are rerunning all the sessions on-demand this weekend at ketoedgesummit.com. There were some real good sessions with information beyond just keto. They included fasting, chronic inflammation, brain health, thyroid, adrenals, microbiome, chronic infection, cell regeneration, as well as, sessions specific to keto dieting, transitioning, cycling, etc.. Very, very applicable to most of us. I recommend giving a listen if you have the time.
    Thanks for sharing Damn.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"