User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Heat/Cold Routine

This is my current extreme heat and cold routine that I have been experimenting with and loving.

1) Wait until a hot part of the day.
    2) Sit in car and use as a sauna w/windows rolled up. 15-20 minutes I sit in the back seat on towels (Breathing exercises)
    3) Towel off the sweat and immediately jump into my chest freezer ice bath. Intro to my new Cold Plunge Deep freezer - YouTube
    4) Cold therapy for up to 20 minutes. 32-40 degrees. (Meditation During)
    5) Dry off and go for a walk. (Breathing Exercises)

Ironically, the hardest part of this routine comes a few minutes after the ice bath when sensation starts to return. It can be tempting to jump back into the heat, but I think the biggest benefit comes from forcing your body to heat itself back up naturally.

After doing this for a week, I can tell you that it puts cold showers to shame.

This is an accurate analogy- Cold Shower: Cold Tub :: Morning Walk : HIIT
    Its only work until its routine

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    This is my current extreme heat and cold routine that I have been experimenting with and loving.

1) Wait until a hot part of the day.
    2) Sit in car and use as a sauna w/windows rolled up. 15-20 minutes I sit in the back seat on towels (Breathing exercises)
    3) Towel off the sweat and immediately jump into my chest freezer ice bath. Intro to my new Cold Plunge Deep freezer - YouTube
    4) Cold therapy for up to 20 minutes. 32-40 degrees. (Meditation During)
    5) Dry off and go for a walk. (Breathing Exercises)

Ironically, the hardest part of this routine comes a few minutes after the ice bath when sensation starts to return. It can be tempting to jump back into the heat, but I think the biggest benefit comes from forcing your body to heat itself back up naturally.

After doing this for a week, I can tell you that it puts cold showers to shame.

This is an accurate analogy- Cold Shower: Cold Tub :: Morning Walk : HIIT
    I can absolutely see this being the case when it comes to the difference between those two. That's why I'm half tempted to fill my bath tub with cold water and ice and start doing this. I would skip the sauna part just choosing to do the breathing exercises and then direct cold exposure.....just like Wim does it.

This is just my personal take on it, but I think that by doing the cold exposure before raising your body temperature, the Adrenalin hit is going to be increased because you're going from normal body temp to freezing, instead of actually relieving the heated body at first.

I've also always noticed that the meditation aspect while undergoing cold therapy is increased....like...it's easier to get in the mental zone...it feels deeper, if that makes any sense, and more concentrated.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 05-30-2018 at 06:05 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"