User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preparing for my water fast (heart rate lowers)

Hi guys,
    Just experimenting with short water fasts. I noticed on day 2 my heart rate drops to 44 bpm. I don't really think like I am about to pass out or anything but just asking if this has happened to anyone else?

Or recommendations on how to increase it during a fast? (without breaking the fast etc)

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Hi guys,
    Just experimenting with short water fasts. I noticed on day 2 my heart rate drops to 44 bpm. I don't really think like I am about to pass out or anything but just asking if this has happened to anyone else?

Or recommendations on how to increase it during a fast? (without breaking the fast etc)
    Why would you want to increase it? While fasting, you're to exert as little energy as possible so that all of the energy is directed inwards towards house cleaning. Just ride it out. Be careful when standing to quickly and make sure you have something to hold on to.

Just let your body do what it knows how to innately do. This is also the reason why fasting is recommended at a clinic such as this. Things happen during a fast that can scare people if they are not familiar with it and can cause people to break their fast unnecessarily.

Just relax. Let your body do all of the work. Meditate, practice your breathing exercises. It is the one time in life when you don't need to be worried about doing anything. The less you do here, the better.

When you heading out?

Also, there is no reason for doing a bunch of small fasting before doing the big one. May I ask what your goal is here by doing these?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"