Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boxing

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boxing

What do you guys think, I use to do a lot of boxing and felt good but had to stop due to how expensive the classes were costing.

I can resume it but worried about how taxing it would be since it's high endurance, physical pylometric conditioning and Hit training in one session.

Worried about taxing the system too much, but would be looking to do 1-2 sessions per week

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww thinking about it aswell. I did some kickboxing 11 years ago XD. Then came back after summer and suddenly my club was closed. Welcome to the alcoholic and shitfood lifestyle for the next 10 -.-

Probably depends on how fit you are, I don't think I could sustain an hour of high intensity "cardio" at the moment, yet. That shit can be pretty taxing, probably great for the mind. Sweating everything out and get blood flowing prob good too.

Worth to note is sometimes bigger cities have some "underground" boxing or martial arts clubs, which go way cheaper than the popular/known ones, not easy to find tho.
    Last edited by Bankai9000; 02-01-2020 at 01:44 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah you sweat bucket loads.

The only other time I sweat is sauna.

I'm very fit but concerned with my adrenals because they have been flagging the last few weeks with signs of high cortisol, fatigue but that was because I was under quite a lot of stress. Been feeling better last few days since doubled down on the yoga, meditation and deep breathing 2x a day

Think I might do the boxing once once every other week because it definitely helped in the past and I don't think I got burned out from it, from what I remember just got extremely fit and more confident in being able to take care of myself

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya this is a big thing. When I don't hit gym or do anything physical I instantly slack on everything else, goes way prior pfs. I sleep less, stress myself more with other shit, my mood is shittier, fap more, eat way worse etcetc. It was literally the main reason I kept hitting the gym 1x a week for a decade cuz it made me less salty and way happier in all life areas.

Funny u mention boxing now cause it was going through my head the last 2-3weeks, that I'm pissed I'm not fit anymore and tell myself every year I'll work on that. I look decent but just not fit on the inside. Last time played 2years ago or so football with some mates and I felt like dying after 5min, like a fat pug trying to catch for air after climbing 3 stairs LOL XD
    Time to get back at it^^ pfs really helped me to realize a lot, but my cortisol is still out of whack
    And I also belive relaxing all the time doesn't fix shite

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Ya this is a big thing. When I don't hit gym or do anything physical I instantly slack on everything else, goes way prior pfs. I sleep less, stress myself more with other shit, my mood is shittier, fap more, eat way worse etcetc. It was literally the main reason I kept hitting the gym 1x a week for a decade cuz it made me less salty and way happier in all life areas.

Funny u mention boxing now cause it was going through my head the last 2-3weeks, that I'm pissed I'm not fit anymore and tell myself every year I'll work on that. I look decent but just not fit on the inside. Last time played 2years ago or so football with some mates and I felt like dying after 5min, like a fat pug trying to catch for air after climbing 3 stairs LOL XD
    Time to get back at it^^ pfs really helped me to realize a lot, but my cortisol is still out of whack
    And I also belive relaxing all the time doesn't fix shite
    With our fragile/damaged bodies I think we have to strike a balance between rest and activity, push and pull

Too much intensity too often leads to high cortisol stress and burnout as I found out for myself last week by doing too much activity and neglecting relaxation/body work. Too much rest with little to no intensity and activity, and it's going to take a long time to reach homostasis because the body isn't getting pushed to produce the right anabolic hormones and endorphins.

That's why I plan on doing the boxing 1-2x in the week every other 2nd week and then give body a break from it for a week, with just short 30 min heavy weight training sessions 1-3 a week in between and the rst of the time rest/recovery and see how I fair

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with everything man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do it once a week as one of my HIIT sessions. I just do heavy bag work at home with my homemade aqua bag (basically a buoy filled with water), 13 rounds of all out 30 second bursts with 40 second rest in between and I'm done, slowly building up when it gets easy.
    The other HIIT I do is jump rope, I feel they both compliment each other.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    I do it once a week as one of my HIIT sessions. I just do heavy bag work at home with my homemade aqua bag (basically a buoy filled with water), 13 rounds of all out 30 second bursts with 40 second rest in between and I'm done, slowly building up when it gets easy.
    The other HIIT I do is jump rope, I feel they both compliment each other.
    That's a good cheaper alternative

Do you work up a sweat on the punch bag?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did MMA while on finasteride but dropped it when I crashed. Could not compete at all. Muscle weakness, mental weakness, etcetera.

But if you are up and doing well on the protocol I would say why not. Then it probably helps your recovery. You have to see this for yourself. I personally don't miss the sport at all. It was fun to try and do but eventually I was completely done with it.

Good luck bro!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    That's a good cheaper alternative

Do you work up a sweat on the punch bag?
    Definitely. Sprinting will make you more out of breath probably due to the muscles in lower body being bigger than upper. But boxing will still raise your HR alot and make you sweat so a good form of HIIT