User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Fasting results

Hi guys,

Wanted to share my water fasting experiences to see if anyone else has had the same results or got any tips

Jan 2018
    Duration: 3 day water fast
    Results: After 3rd day noticed oiliness returned to scalp. Once fast stopped dry skin returned.

March 2018
    Results: After 2nd day noticed oiliness returned to scalp. Once fast stopped dry skin returned.

June 2018
    Duration: 13 day water fast
    Results:

After day 3 all symptoms flared up and got worst. Already suffer from thin skin, but this time it shed like crazy.
    Libido also dropped to 0 but that was expected. 0 bowel movements during the water fast but did Enemas for this.
    Interestingly enough, I was passing a lot of Gas + Belching throughout the entire fast. Even on Day 10-13. Seems whatever bacteria that was suppose to be killed off just did not get killed.

Was pretty sad because in the past on those shorter water fasts I saw signs of slow improvements.

What is all your thoughts?

I did a 7 day Juice fast after the water fast and I noticed on the juice fast my hands become wrinkled + drier than what they already are. When juice fast stopped, that issue went away.

Thoughts/feedback appreciated

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    Hi guys,

Wanted to share my water fasting experiences to see if anyone else has had the same results or got any tips

Jan 2018
    Results: After 3rd day noticed oiliness returned to scalp. Once fast stopped dry skin returned.

March 2018
    Results: After 2nd day noticed oiliness returned to scalp. Once fast stopped dry skin returned.

June 2018
    Results:

After day 3 all symptoms flared up and got worst. Already suffer from thin skin, but this time it shed like crazy.
    Libido also dropped to 0 but that was expected. 0 bowel movements during the water fast but did Enemas for this.
    Interestingly enough, I was passing a lot of Gas + Belching throughout the entire fast. Even on Day 10-13. Seems whatever bacteria that was suppose to be killed off just did not get killed.

Was pretty sad because in the past on those shorter water fasts I saw signs of slow improvements.

I did a 7 day Juice fast after the water fast and I noticed on the juice fast my hands become wrinkled + drier than what they already are. When juice fast stopped, that issue went away.

I haven't done that long of a water fast, but it seems as our bodies rid themselves of toxins things can appear worse for awhile. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in. I hope it gets better. Hang in there, and keep at it!

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know why potentially.

One day I did overload on fermented veggies. (Kim chi, sauerkraut dill) etc as an attempt to just see what happens.

I remember my stomach rumbled like crazy after it. It must have fed the bad bacteria all those live probiotics I don’t know, but it def did not sound normal.

I think all I can do is just keep starving off the bad bacteria via whole food low carb diet then attempt another water fast in the near future

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I know why potentially.

One day I did overload on fermented veggies. (Kim chi, sauerkraut dill) etc as an attempt to just see what happens.

I remember my stomach rumbled like crazy after it. It must have fed the bad bacteria all those live probiotics I don’t know, but it def did not sound normal.

I think all I can do is just keep starving off the bad bacteria via whole food low carb diet then attempt another water fast in the near future
    That could be what happened, for sure. I've had some pretty major GI symptoms with this whole thing, and they seemed to get worse with probiotics. I took VLS#3 for a couple days, and I thought my intestines were going to explode. Worse gas ever!! Lemme tell ya, the wife loved it I decreased the amount I was taking and the symptoms decreased, but I still had a rumbling colon.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jado View Post
    That could be what happened, for sure. I've had some pretty major GI symptoms with this whole thing, and they seemed to get worse with probiotics. I took VLS#3 for a couple days, and I thought my intestines were going to explode. Worse gas ever!! Lemme tell ya, the wife loved it I decreased the amount I was taking and the symptoms decreased, but I still had a rumbling colon.
    From everything I've learned...one key to fixing your gut diet wise is to go low/no fiber...juice fruits, juice veggies, honey while you starve down some of the bacteria.

Fasting accomplishes the same thing quicker, and is definitely the quickest way to reset your gut flora and manipulate it like you want.

Once you decide to rebuild the bacteria back up do it with diversity. Wild, organic ferments are wayyyyyyy more beneficial than probiotics. Ferments build a huge diversity from the environment. This is key. Taking probiotics is gonna give you a shit ton of the same stuff inside of you and create a monoculture. The concept of bacteria are either good or bad is an oversimplification. You expericnced this taking a probiotic thats even considered one of the best. A person with a messed up gut usually can't take a few billion units of a bacteria deemed good and fix the problem.

Starve down, then reseed with focus on diversity.

Also, go out in nature. Lots of gut flora you actually get from breathing them in.
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 08-17-2018 at 07:45 PM.
    Its only work until its routine

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    From everything I've learned...one key to fixing your gut diet wise is to go low/no fiber...juice fruits, juice veggies, honey while you starve down some of the bacteria.

Fasting accomplishes the same thing quicker, and is definitely the quickest way to reset your gut flora and manipulate it like you want.

Once you decide to rebuild the bacteria back up do it with diversity. Wild, organic ferments are wayyyyyyy more beneficial than probiotics. Ferments build a huge diversity from the environment. This is key. Taking probiotics is gonna give you a shit ton of the same stuff inside of you and create a monoculture. The concept of bacteria are either good or bad is an oversimplification. You expericnced this taking a probiotic thats even considered one of the best. A person with a messed up gut usually can't take a few billion units of a bacteria deemed good and fix the problem.

Starve down, then reseed with focus on diversity.

Also, go out in nature. Lots of gut flora you actually get from breathing them in.
    Great post.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever you do make sure if doing 13d and longer water fasts ----- to refeed properly. Various schools of thought on this.
    I had no sugar until 1month+. And no meat till near 2 months. After juice, water, breuss (water best for sure for me at least).

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,

Jan 2018

March 2018

June 2018
    Results:

I got my best results from my 21 day water fasts. Your body's going to do what it has to do....it doesn't operate on our schedule. That's the bitch of it.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"