User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking it before drinking might make you slightly less drunk, taking it after drinking improves sleep by reducing GABA "rebound"
    Last edited by basementdweller; 06-04-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    Taking it before drinking might make you slightly less drunk, taking it after drinking improves sleep by reducing GABA "rebound"
    The god damn booze rooster. Get's me every time.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    so would this actually help sleep or just make alcohol less toxic? I have a good friends wedding saturday. most likely will abstain but thinking about it.. last time I drank was new years lol
    Don't do it man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Durantia37 View Post
    Don't do it man.
    Typically VERY sound advice, which is why I preach it. But, I think he's far enough along that he could indulge without setting himself back too much. You guys are two very different cases. Given where he is now I think it wouldn't be too bad. That being said, abstinence is always best until you're recovered.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 DrivenToRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I'm completely sold on cold exposure. It's almost fucking magical.
    I've gone up to 20 minutes in ~35-degree water 1-2 times per day. I'm scared to push any closer to freezing myself

You cold adapt incredibly fast doing this. Its not uncomfortable anymore actually being in the tub. Even after 20 minutes I only get out because that's where I cut myself off lol
    Its only work until its routine

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrivenToRecover View Post
    I've gone up to 20 minutes in ~35-degree water 1-2 times per day. I'm scared to push any closer to freezing myself

You cold adapt incredibly fast doing this. Its not uncomfortable anymore actually being in the tub. Even after 20 minutes I only get out because that's where I cut myself off lol
    Interesting, I completely agree with semen abstinence. I was getting great results but I notice everytime I would have a wet dream I would get a mini crash. I even try to avoid the wet dreams (I don't eat peanuts, I don't eat too much spicy food, chocolate).

One thing I notice if I workout I may get wet dreams or my cortisol increase to a level that I get a mini mini crash, so I will try Yoga exercises, and the hom noise inside of your head must be cool to sleep.

I also notice that right after taking the herb I start jogging or running I get better results. And if I run a couple days of week the results are even better, I think its related to the nervous system and sweating (maybe it decrease the estrogen and make the herb works better I don't know)

Can you send any link about cold and prolactin? I remember when I was better I could have sex without crashing but now even wet dreams makes me worse, so I need to be very cautious and get better faster to cross this stage of very sensitive body.

Just for your information there are two guys that recovered doing something similar, beekay and elb, they were doing yoga and/or very light workouts to avoid cortisol increase. (They are on the progesterone thread in propeciahelp). Your post inspired me to do some walks everyday.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of these things are scattered about the forum, so I thought I'd make my own condensed list that might be helpful to others! Feel free to add to it and or make your own!

Diet:

Drink tall glass of water with pink salt upon waking
    6 pastured eggs daily
    Bone broth
    Lots of spinach
    Nutritional yeast

Supplements:

Niacinamide
    Malic Acid
    Digestive enzymes
    Bile salts
    Low dose naltrexone
    MSM/Sulfur
    Ginger
    Shilajit daily
    Lisuride--sparingly on days I need to be my sharpest self: job interview, heavy workday, etc
    BCAA/Tyrosine--for dopamine and pre workout
    Taurine-- with meals
    Potassium chloride/Mag chloride/ Beatine Hydrochloride with protein meals--I realized how fucked my stomach acid was when i puked, and it didn't burn my throat in the slightest. Definitely worth testing your own stomach acid.

Exercise:

Yoga--especially before bedtime to sleep amazingly well.
    Rebounding on mini trampoline--stimulates lymphatic system and makes you feel great
    Long walks in sunshine whenever possible

Lifestyle:

Juggling--I taught myself how to do this after reading about the brain benefits...the brain activation you feel after 5 minutes of juggling is insane.
    Writing things and brushing your teeth with non-dominant hand--brain activation along the same lines as juggling
    Liver flushes
    Semen retention/abstinance
    Oil pulling
    Epsom salt baths
    Self affirmations
    Practicing grattitude
    Smiling first thing everyday--I personally think about people I know that have passed away, and it makes me grateful as hell to wake up and have a chance to eventually make myself whole again. Really helps with perspective.

I would just recommendo faster walking if possible, like you're late for something. You do cycle herbs right? Like tribulus, maca etc. I feel its impossible to recover without them, at least they are the thing that when I take them I feel great right after and I even get some muscle tonification without any workout.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazilianguy View Post
    Interesting, I completely agree with semen abstinence. I was getting great results but I notice everytime I would have a wet dream I would get a mini crash. I even try to avoid the wet dreams (I don't eat peanuts, I don't eat too much spicy food, chocolate).

One thing I notice if I workout I may get wet dreams or my cortisol increase to a level that I get a mini mini crash, so I will try Yoga exercises, and the hom noise inside of your head must be cool to sleep.

I also notice that right after taking the herb I start jogging or running I get better results. And if I run a couple days of week the results are even better, I think its related to the nervous system and sweating (maybe it decrease the estrogen and make the herb works better I don't know)

Can you send any link about cold and prolactin? I remember when I was better I could have sex without crashing but now even wet dreams makes me worse, so I need to be very cautious and get better faster to cross this stage of very sensitive body.

Just for your information there are two guys that recovered doing something similar, beekay and elb, they were doing yoga and/or very light workouts to avoid cortisol increase. (They are on the progesterone thread in propeciahelp). Your post inspired me to do some walks everyday.
    Human physiological responses to immersion into water of different temperatures. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Plasma noradrenaline and dopamine concentrations were increased by 530% and by 250% respectively"

Surprising Health Benefits of Extreme Hot and Cold Temperatures

"You can increase norepinephrine two-fold just by getting into 40-degree water for 20 seconds, or 57-degree water for a few minutes.

While best known as a neurotransmitter, norepinephrine also acts as a hormone. One of its functions is causing vasoconstriction, which helps your body conserve heat. Norepinephrine also acts as a signaling molecule to make more mitochondria in your fat tissue (your main energy reserves)"
    Last edited by DrivenToRecover; 06-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Human physiological responses to immersion into water of different temperatures. - PubMed - NCBI

"...Plasma noradrenaline and dopamine concentrations were increased by 530% and by 250% respectively"

Surprising Health Benefits of Extreme Hot and Cold Temperatures

"You can increase norepinephrine two-fold just by getting into 40-degree water for 20 seconds, or 57-degree water for a few minutes.

While best known as a neurotransmitter, norepinephrine also acts as a hormone. One of its functions is causing vasoconstriction, which helps your body conserve heat. Norepinephrine also acts as a signaling molecule to make more mitochondria in your fat tissue (your main energy reserves)"
    Great post!

It's funny, because now that's it's warming up, my showers aren't as cold as they used to be. I need COLDER. The colder the water, the better the benefits.

I got to get on this ice bath deal.......
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 06-08-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Great post!

It's funny, because now that's it's warming up, my showers aren't as cold as they used to be. I need COLDER. The colder the water, the better the benefits.

I got to get on this ice bath deal.......
    Some ppl use epsom salts and get their water below freezing lol

Do it this weekend my man. Plug it in overnight and you'll have it down around 40 by the next day.

Also the tap water was making me feel weird after bathing so I filled mine with reverse osmosis lol

That thing is probably the best $75 I've ever spent.